Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

If and when the knee board comes in for VR fliers, does it have the ability to access and show user-created pages if we want to use our own checklists/charts/notes, etc? I have always used VR with DCS and have no experience with the kneeboard. thank you :)

It should since the regular kneeboard in non-VR DCS does. As long as it shows the kneeboard then anything you add should show as well or at least it better or else it will be useless for me. :pilotfly:

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Stupid question guys, how the hell do you track your rift order? The oculus website and support doesn't exactly spell it out that well. I tried the tracking ID on the UPS website and they say no tracking info available please verify your info and try again.

I downloaded and signed up to UPS choices. Once you register and put in your address. On the app you can go too ACESSS MY UPS CHOICES on the app it will tell you if your rift is shipping. I knew when my rift was due before oculus told me of tracking details. You don't need tracking number just your address. Give it a go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well 12 hours on the rift today playing different things. DCS is ok I used debug tool I kinda guess it made some difference. I will say does anyone really notice screen door effect in DCS it's still pretty bad. I mean it's fantastic in terms of 3d I never realised how big the aircraft and the world is in dcs it's stunning. It's not quite there yet I'm wondering if some mods could be applied too the cockpit too make it more readable and smoother textures. Bold writing on labels in cockpit would be good just too make things more readable. . Few things ED could do or whats the guy who did the cockpit mod with better textures made it look old. Maybe he could do something. I look at other games in oculus and they seem to be smoothed out and I think Dcs needs that tweaking to get the maximum out of the rift. I also think a little more colour to 1.5 would be good too. Just my thoughts apart from that amazing and this is now the future.

It should since the regular kneeboard in non-VR DCS does. As long as it shows the kneeboard then anything you add should show as well or at least it better or else it will be useless for me. pilotfly.gif

Cool :thumbup: Does it use any PDF or is a special format needeD?

Edited by DerekSpeare
Incorrect post quoted

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

whats everyone's dcs video settings & oculus debug values when using their rifts? im going to start a spec and settings page.

Didnt someone already do that?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

If and when the knee board comes in for VR fliers, does it have the ability to access and show user-created pages if we want to use our own checklists/charts/notes, etc? I have always used VR with DCS and have no experience with the kneeboard. thank you :)

Derek, if you weren't already aware, this guy's program is great. I used it all the time before I switched to flying the f18 mod (the knee board is broke in it)

http://www.dcskneeboardbuilder.com/

Best thing I have found to make quick custom kneeboards.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Yeah I used that program too Derek. There are a few kinks with it but it does convert the specific pages in the pdf you want and then you can copy them to the appropriate kneeboard folder for the aircrafts. Now if DCS would fix VR to support kneeboards...

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Derek, if you weren't already aware, this guy's program is great. I used it all the time before I switched to flying the f18 mod (the knee board is broke in it)

http://www.dcskneeboardbuilder.com/

Best thing I have found to make quick custom kneeboards.

Yeah I used that program too Derek. There are a few kinks with it but it does convert the specific pages in the pdf you want and then you can copy them to the appropriate kneeboard folder for the aircrafts. Now if DCS would fix VR to support kneeboards...

Ok...wow...that one is detailed...thank you, gents...i'm assuming that i can just use the custom kneeboard then...hmm...i'm gonna need to fiddle with it. :joystick:

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Most of the "kinks" I found were in the slightly confusing interface. It's not super intuitive, but once you get how he laid it out it's great.

j0nx, from what I understand from Wags... posts, or livestream, can't remember... The kneeboard is fixed in VR now. We just have to wait for that (what I assume will be a monster) update that includes all those VR fixes.

Of course all that is moot for me because I made the decision to fly an aircraft mod with a broken kneeboard no matter what ED does. ED any word on the F-18C module release date, or has that been asked by someone recently? *joke* :megalol:

Edited by SageOT

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have been reviewing the available or .. soon to be available VR headsets. It appears Oculus Rift is best supported by flight sims.... It has a 100 degree fov by 100 degree fov with a frame rate of 90hz. I am upgrading to at least the 1070 or if I wait ... the 1080. I hope soon to upgrade my pots in my TM Cougar HOTAS as well. I checked out the World at ... something and the sim was nice......... I want to get back into DCS WWII sims...

What would be a good cpu for the Oculus to max its performance.??

CyStryker

Hopefully, the next one from Intel. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have been reviewing the available or .. soon to be available VR headsets. It appears Oculus Rift is best supported by flight sims.... It has a 100 degree fov by 100 degree fov with a frame rate of 90hz. I am upgrading to at least the 1070 or if I wait ... the 1080. I hope soon to upgrade my pots in my TM Cougar HOTAS as well. I checked out the World at ... something and the sim was nice......... I want to get back into DCS WWII sims...

CyStryker

I'm not a computer guru so I'm sure someone who knows -way- more than me will answer shortly, but I have a INTEL I7-4770K 3.5 GHZ no, overclocking and my Rift runs just fine with that and my 970. I don't know what my framerates are, never checked. With everything on low the game is super smooth and playable so that's all I've cared about. I'm not upgrading my CPU, but I do have a 1080 coming next month so I plan to bump up the in game settings then. I also run the pixel thing at 1.5.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6700 and 1080 if you're building something new. ED needs to hook up the simultaneous frame rendering to really exploit the benefits of the 1080.

@Sage - Matt Wagner said "I'm not going to talk about 'that'...or 'that'" when referring to the F/A18's in his latest livestream. He's put them in two of his videos, so I'd expect them to come "soon", FWIW.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

6700 and 1080 if you're building something new. ED needs to hook up the simultaneous frame rendering to really exploit the benefits of the 1080.

@Sage - Matt Wagner said "I'm not going to talk about 'that'...or 'that'" when referring to the F/A18's in his latest livestream. He's put them in two of his videos, so I'd expect them to come "soon", FWIW.

Soon, however first it is the Spitfire Mk IX :pilotfly:

Hoping to get my Rift before then ;) that said it has been a week since I got the "Shipping Soon" message :huh:

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Krupi

got my notice shipping 7 days after my notice of "soon" expect to get my rift tomorrow:smilewink:

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Krupi

got my notice shipping 7 days after my notice of "soon" expect to get my rift tomorrow:smilewink:

How long will it take you to deliver it to the UK? :smilewink:

Congratulations man, let us know what you think :thumbup:

Hopefully I get my confirmation soon!

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

well my delivery date is 21 June by end of the day, Sumas Washington so far nothing from UPS since the rift left IL by road on the 17th of June

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

I downloaded and signed up to UPS choices. Once you register and put in your address. On the app you can go too ACESSS MY UPS CHOICES on the app it will tell you if your rift is shipping. I knew when my rift was due before oculus told me of tracking details. You don't need tracking number just your address. Give it a go.

Thanks for the tip Corbett, unfortunately not available for NZ :( I suppose it will be here SOON.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Has there been an update announced for the radio menus? I was just thinking back to all the other things shown/mentioned and couldn't remember seeing anything. That said anybody come up with a temporary fix? If I lean in and stare real hard I can just make them out, but that's not exactly optimal...

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wags said several days ago the menus are fixed on their internal build, but that change hasn't been pushed out in an update yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind