Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

Had to replace my cable in my rift. The original lasted around 2 years. I updated to the Rift S when it came out so don't know if the new cable on my rift would have lasted longer.:music_whistling:

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Had to replace my cable in my rift. The original lasted around 2 years. I updated to the Rift S when it came out so don't know if the new cable on my rift would have lasted longer.:music_whistling:

Is it worth upgrading from a CV1 to a Rift S? what the difference u notice when u play on rift S?

I saw a couple of seller on Ebay offering used cable around 180$! that is insane :doh:

New cable was 149 direct from oculus. Rift S is much better than Rift. I'm currently averaging 52 FMP on most maps. New channel map around 40, down to low 30s but that map is WIP

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

New cable was 149 direct from oculus. Rift S is much better than Rift. I'm currently averaging 52 FMP on most maps. New channel map around 40, down to low 30s but that map is WIP

That sounds great! Thank you for responding.:thumbup:

When Rift first came out, you could disable the oculus app from starting and still play DCS. But they patched that capability away.

I have been experimenting with the Ultraleap Leap Motion VR hand tracking and it won't work with Oculus, so I have to force SteamVR to see my hands in-game. So now I have not one, but two VR apps running plus the leap motion driver and if I use DCSLeap, then I have four things running just while playing DCS World. I would love it if VR was more like a mouse, monitor, or HOTAS where you don't need any interposing apps to use them. But the VR people need to market their games and Oculus is kind of the Apple of VR: they want you in their environment using their software not just selling you the hardware.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oculus Home just fades to grey when a game is started anyway.

It does not run whilst the game does. Same with Steam VR.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have a post to make you Oculus Rift users happy.

The cable on my Reverb started dying today.

I asked my son friendly to hand me back my trusty CV1. He complied ;-)

I was in kind of a bad mood and not expecting much. But damn, it is not bad at all to be back in the Rift.

Yes, the Reverb has the higher resolution.

Else ...

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

But the VR people need to market their games and Oculus is kind of the Apple of VR: they want you in their environment using their software not just selling you the hardware.

You could reverse this thought and look at it from a Steam standpoint: they want you to use SteamVR if you don't create you're own software for your VR sets. For games it's the same way. Try to find any popular race game to play outside of Steam. Good luck on your journey.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• 2 weeks later...
does anyone else see the aircraft "skipping" or double when you hit the f3 view?

-rift s

-17-9700k 5.0

-32GB ram

ASW.

You can disable it with ctrl+numpad 1 whilst in game, or using the Oculus Tray Tool. However you might induce stuttering by doing so.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 3 weeks later...

Guys Help!!

PC gamer and VR newbie here. System specs:

i7-5960X

32 GB RAM

GTX 1060 3GB

Oculus Rift (CV1 I guess?)

Thurstmaster HOTAS 4 system.

Tried DCS via steam initially, absolutely sucks, stutters etc.

Switched to DCS standalone, it was much better but after about 5-10 mins of play fps would drop significantly, too much stutter (unplayable).

Reduced DCS VR settings from 2.something to 1.5, same issue but this time slightly more playtime, then reduced it to 1.0.

I did not see too much drop in quality, also since I'm a newbie I was just trying out instant action missions on F15 and Su25.

I looked a bunch of youtube videos on how to maximize geforce settings but that did not make much difference for DCS.

I think (?) my PC hardware specs are decent enought but just can't make it work. Is there a good manual/video/post anyone would point me to, so that I can try DCS with appropriate settings? I tried to find online but couldn't find anything authoritative to make DCS work for a long time on VR.

Thanks in Advance.

• 1 month later...
Guys Help!!

PC gamer and VR newbie here. System specs:

i7-5960X

32 GB RAM

GTX 1060 3GB

Oculus Rift (CV1 I guess?)

Thurstmaster HOTAS 4 system.

Tried DCS via steam initially, absolutely sucks, stutters etc.

Switched to DCS standalone, it was much better but after about 5-10 mins of play fps would drop significantly, too much stutter (unplayable).

Reduced DCS VR settings from 2.something to 1.5, same issue but this time slightly more playtime, then reduced it to 1.0.

I did not see too much drop in quality, also since I'm a newbie I was just trying out instant action missions on F15 and Su25.

I looked a bunch of youtube videos on how to maximize geforce settings but that did not make much difference for DCS.

I think (?) my PC hardware specs are decent enought but just can't make it work. Is there a good manual/video/post anyone would point me to, so that I can try DCS with appropriate settings? I tried to find online but couldn't find anything authoritative to make DCS work for a long time on VR.

Thanks in Advance.

I was successful with a similar setup, although from what im seeing on these fora is that I am not as demanding as many. I was getting about 20-30 fps with somewhere between the "high" preset and the "vr" preset. I did end up upgrading to RTX2060, but only to go from good to better. by 2.something to 1.5, are you referring to pixel density? Also, it depends on which map. channel map is brutal, I was getting between 1 and 5 fps on my usual settings.

Hi Chaps, I need some advice regarding FPS in the Oculus CV1.

I have recently started flying again since upgrading from a blown GTX 780 to a RTX 2060 Super, the rest of my specs are in my signature.

I have been playing around with the settings however I keep on experiencing a drop in FPS, it goes from 40-45 to 23 and then back up again.

This happens in both Normandy & the Channel Map flying in a straight line on the instant free flight mission.

In the dogfight missions such as the FW190 Anton Furball the FPS starts of very low around 8 and goes up to about ~23 after the Antons are killed, however after two/three restarts of the mission (Fly Again) the FPS seems to settle (but still jumps around) at 23-33fps at the start of the mission and 23-40fps after the battle.

I have attached my in game settings & PD is set at 1.4.

Any advice?

I feel like I have forgotten to do something... Is it the maps? I can't understand why the FPS would be jumping around so in level flight...

I have created a thread on this in the VR Issues Sub Forum...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4449456#post4449456

1946492435_DCSSETTINGS.PNG.695f1c190b39aa545f6eb0c37adb0d42.PNG

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

• 1 month later...

Wow, 264 pages of info spanning 4 years....

Can anyone give a quick coles notes on best / current settings for an Oculus rift user for DCS? I've watched a lot of videos and read a lot of threads and there's a lot of different information out there. Curious what actual DCS users find to be their best settings.

Current Rig:

Asus Prime Z390-A Motherboard LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen) ATX DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 Gen2 Gigabit LAN

Intel Core i7-9700K Coffee Lake 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.9 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) 95W BX80684I79700K Desktop Processor Intel UHD Graphics 630

32gb DDR Ram

---CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 DRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory Model

ASUS GeForce® RTX 2080 O8G Dual-Fan OC Edition GDDR6 HDMI DP 1.4 USB Type-C Graphics Card (DUAL-RTX2080-O8G )

Corsair H115i RGB Platinum AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, 280mm, Dual ML140 PRO RGB PWM Fans, Intel 115X/2066, AMD AM4/TR4

Corsair CP-9020180-NA RMX Series RM850x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

4 - Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA 2.5" Internal SSD (MZ-76E1T0/AM)

Startech PEXUSB3S44V 4 Port PCI Express (PCIe) SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Card Adapter w/ 4 Dedicated 5Gbps Channels - UASP - SATA / LP4 Power

--Corsair Crystal Series 570X RGB - Tempered Glass, Premium ATX Mid-Tower Case Cases CC-9011098-WW

--Oculus Rift with wall sensor mounts

--TM Warthog HOTAS

--Rudder Pedals

• Like 1

Asus Prime Z390-A Motherboard LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen)

Intel Core i7-9700K Coffee Lake 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.9 GHz Turbo) Desktop Processor Intel UHD Graphics 630, 32gb DDR Ram CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 DRAM ,   Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Xtreme 10G 2.0, Corsair H115i RGB Platinum AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, Intel 115X/2066, AMD AM4/TR4, Corsair CP-9020180-NA RMX Series RM850x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply, 4 SSD 1TB

Does anyone know of a way to track fingers in Rift S or if there is a hack or software to run outside. I can not code but if you used like a reflective ir nail polish could somthing be done along those lines I once saw a very old black shark pit where the guy had finger tracking with a Wii I think

Does anyone know of a way to track fingers in Rift S or if there is a hack or software to run outside. I can not code but if you used like a reflective ir nail polish could somthing be done along those lines I once saw a very old black shark pit where the guy had finger tracking with a Wii I think

Your best bet is this but you will need to have yet another camera tracking device in your architecture/constellation: https://pointctrl.com/products/

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I would like to run Rift S with Performance Head-Up Display enabled in Application Render Timing mode.

I tried to enable it with Oculus Debug Tool and Oculus Tray Tool.

The HUD is visible in Oculus Home but disappear when DCS starts.

Does anyone know hot to do it ?

Thanks

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Using the Rift S, having trouble with using the Oculus Tray Tool. I am having the same problem as Jojo. Any help would be appreciated. Also, anyone know how ASW works and the best settings for ASW? 

My Specs are: i5 9600, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD, RTX3090

P.S.

I would really like to know the difference between ASW Auto and ASW adaptive. I've been trying to find this info on the internet with no success. 

Edited by Lurker

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

Hi,

Maybe this thread should change to plain "Oculus", so we can add topics about the oculus quest too?

I need help using my quest 2 with DCS. I have a non steam version of DCS, and I seem unable to have it work. I always end up with a big screen and DCS in this big screen, not in VR at all.

So, how should I configure that to have it work with my quest 2 ?

Also I would like to be able to have it work with virtual desktop as well in my quest 2. Other steamVR games work just fine, just that I'm unable to figure out how to configure non steam DCS to work with the quest 2.

Thanks

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

3 hours ago, harf4ng said:

Hi,

Maybe this thread should change to plain "Oculus", so we can add topics about the oculus quest too?

I need help using my quest 2 with DCS. I have a non steam version of DCS, and I seem unable to have it work. I always end up with a big screen and DCS in this big screen, not in VR at all.

So, how should I configure that to have it work with my quest 2 ?

Also I would like to be able to have it work with virtual desktop as well in my quest 2. Other steamVR games work just fine, just that I'm unable to figure out how to configure non steam DCS to work with the quest 2.

Thanks

DCS has native support for Oculus headsets, so no need for Steam or Steam VR at all.

1: Make sure you have "allow unknown sources" checked in the Oculus settings.

2: Make sure you have VR checked in the DCS settings.

Don B

33 minutes ago, dburne said:

DCS has native support for Oculus headsets, so no need for Steam or Steam VR at all.

1: Make sure you have "allow unknown sources" checked in the Oculus settings.

2: Make sure you have VR checked in the DCS settings.

Does this mean that I can run DCS: World without starting the Oculus Rift Software? 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Does this mean that I can run DCS: World without starting the Oculus Rift Software? 

No.

Don B