Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

Tried to use the S today and the mouse green cross is not there it is in the Index and the Rift ??

You get the white dot to use things like coms menu options etc. but, not the green cross needed to use switches

Disregard turned out that for some reason use controllers got checked unchecked works. "DOH"

Edited by RePhil

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

Tried to use the S today and the mouse green cross is not there it is in the Index and the Rift ??

You get the white dot to use things like coms menu options etc. but, not the green cross needed to use switches

Disregard turned out that for some reason use controllers got checked unchecked works. "DOH"

This is a bug been reported awhile back, I guess still not fixed.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

My performance in today's patch has dropped big time. I'm hitting the 30s and a lot of stuttering. I've only tried the Hornet so far and yes I deleted the shader folders. Anyone else having issues?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

My performance in today's patch has dropped big time. I'm hitting the 30s and a lot of stuttering. I've only tried the Hornet so far and yes I deleted the shader folders. Anyone else having issues?

Yes pimp, I’ve noticed a degradation too. I only fly A10C, so I can’t comment on other modules. I haven’t got any FPS data but things aren’t running smooth at all on my usual settings. It was much better before. And I’m getting full-blown stutters, which I’ve never had before. Boo!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...

This must have been asked a 1000 times, but I wasn't able to find the answer :helpsmilie:

Is there a way to get the DCS run in full screen on my monitor while in VR?

Now it's centered view and only using like 1/3 of my screen. Lately I've had some troubles with accidentally clicking on the border of the screen (looking down in VR and trying to flip that one little switch), which results in DCS not being my active screen and me activating all kind of programs on my desktop :doh:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Left Alt and Enter should do it, brings up full screen.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Lately I've had some troubles with accidentally clicking on the border of the screen (looking down in VR and trying to flip that one little switch), which results in DCS not being my active screen and me activating all kind of programs on my desktop :doh:

I found Voiceattack (~10USD) has a command 'max window' that defeats the windows problem that alt-tab out of dcs windows restores DCS screen Alt-Enter.

Stays maxed.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• 1 month later...
anybody here upgrade from riftcv1 to the rift s... is the resolution improvement even noticable in DCS

Yes I did back in May, and am pleased with the increase in clarity.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

anybody here upgrade from riftcv1 to the rift s... is the resolution improvement even noticable in DCS

Yes, I did just that. It was a remarkable increase in clarity and detail for me, even with zero super sampling.

Great to lose the tracking cameras and much more comfy to wear in my opinion.:thumbup:

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

HP Reverb, new level of sharp, software worse, sharpness degrade outside rather small center spot, $$$.

The only 'proper functioning' VR is that 6000$ one, that your grandchild can buy, if he has a job, if the world still exists, but heh, those are just details.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

HP Reverb, new level of sharp, software worse, sharpness degrade outside rather small center spot, $$$.

The only 'proper functioning' VR is that 6000$ one, that your grandchild can buy, if he has a job, if the world still exists, but heh, those are just details.

Im a VR User since the DK2 release,had the CV1 from Release and the Rift S.The HP Reverb, is a nearly perfect VR Experience in my opinion with a 2080Ti. The Software is not Plug&Play like Oculus home,but not bad and works fine. I dosen't need another HMD for the next three years

It's a Dream to fly DCS with this HMD,because it's so real.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Using the Oculus Rift. Do you also need "steam VR" running to play DCS

306th TFS Home of the "WILDHARE's" :pilotfly::gun_sniper: A10,F-14, F-15, F16, F18, AV88, UH1,KA 50, Oculus Rift ,Hotas Warthog, Stable & Beta, VRK :: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight Core 3.2 ghz, RAM- 32 GB, GeForce GTX 1070

Just picked up the oculus s I have owned 2 cv1s in the past very happy with improvements e..t.c

Any quick tips on setup compared to the cv1 I know I should go look and search lol but any major differences I should be aware of with the oculus s.

Thank you jamie.

Just picked up the oculus s I have owned 2 cv1s in the past very happy with improvements e..t.c

Any quick tips on setup compared to the cv1 I know I should go look and search lol but any major differences I should be aware of with the oculus s.

Thank you jamie.

You should be able to pretty much run the same settings as you were with the CV1. Should be able to lower the PD some. On my rig I am running pretty high settings with 1.2 PD and 4x MSAA.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

You should be able to pretty much run the same settings as you were with the CV1. Should be able to lower the PD some. On my rig I am running pretty high settings with 1.2 PD and 4x MSAA.

Thanks dburne nice one, I must say compared to the cv1 this is a very nice increase in the visuals.

Darn Oculus, they are pushing me to abandon my Windows 8.1 .. stupid company :(

5lL5208.jpg

I'm pissed, as I really dislike Windows 10.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 4 weeks later...

No USB output on Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Super Windforce OC 8G Graphics Card that I have just ordered,

is this going to cause trouble with my Rift-S ? or should I cancel and buy a different card.

I got this one at a good price.

Personnaly, today, having a USB port on my GPU would be a pre-requisite. Why ? Because my 1080ti don't have one and I had some headaches to understand why I needed often to unplug and plug again the Rift to be able to play... And when I learnt that it could be caused by the USB bandwith shared by multiple devices, It was not so easy to find a compatible PCIe USB cards with my motherboard and the need of the Rift S.

However, it doesn't mean that it's not possible to have a working Rift S with no USB port on your GPU.

To have no issue, your Rift must have its own USB controller with all the bandwith dedicated to him. Good news, your motherboard have many USB controllers. Check the manual but if you are able to isolate one of them for your Rift, it will be probably OK and everything will works fine. If not possible, you will have to buy a PCIe USB 3.1gen1 card.

Warning: Don't buy card with USB 3.1gen 2 port because they often use ASMEDIA controller and it is well known that this controller create stutters....

It seems that Renesas µPD720201 controller works well. Oculus suggest one card with this controller. I bought another card with this controller and it works perfectly now.

But for sure, if you are able to cancel you order and find another GPU, it could be safer and good idea

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

To have no issue, your Rift must have its own USB controller with all the bandwith dedicated to him. Good news, your motherboard have many USB controllers. Check the manual but if you are able to isolate one of them for your Rift, it will be probably OK and everything will works fine. If not possible, you will have to buy a PCIe USB 3.1gen1 card.

Warning: Don't buy card with USB 3.1gen 2 port because they often use ASMEDIA controller and it is well known that this controller create stutters....

LOL, if i only would have known this earlier.

Needed to hotplug the USB from my Rift-S also on a regular basis because of device not being recognized after a boot (not always but sometimes). Searched the net, found quite a few things and a solution (but not what you have written above or i would have bought another PCI card). So i bought a USB PCI card, the one recommended by Oculus was out of stock so i went for a Startech USB 3.1 one with 2 ports on it. After 1 weeks of working without a problem and without the device not recognized problem, i saw some stutter while moving my head with the Rift-S. It was everywhere, in IL-2 (i first noticed it in there), DCS and also in Oculus Home. Asked my wife to put it on and asked her to tell me what annoyed her. She said... stutter!!!

I searched again everywhere, found a couple of possible solutions but not on them worked. Then tried every thing i could think of which gave no solution but forgot one major thing, switching back to the motherboards USB (i did swap between the 2 USB 3.1 ports on the PCI card). In the end i returned the Rift-S thinking it was faulty because the stutter only occurred when moving my head, so when tracking was active.

Got another Rift-S as replacement which had the same problem. Only then i swapped the USB back to the motherboard USB port and problem gone.

I searched a bit further and i did find that it could be solved with additional power on the card. Because i had to re-route every thing inside the case to get there i didn't do that. I then re-arranged every thing in the case to be able to plug that extra power into the card and it had worked fine for 2 weeks until yesterday when i noticed a slight stutter on the Oculus Dash...

Thinking the extra power would have solved it i searched into another direction and came up to the fact that you lose half of the PCI lanes if you install a PCI-USB card (it shows in GPU-Z). A further search showed that running on 8 PCI lanes instead of 16 would give max around 1% loss in performance. This morning i had no stutter but when DCS loaded i noticed again some stutter on the loading image which isn't normally there so after reading the above, it think i found the problem... my Startech PCI-USB 2x 3.1 has an ASMEDIA controller. So i need something else...

Edit: Finding info on the exact controller those cards have on board is not always easy.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

@Lange: Sorry to hear all the issues you encountered.

Very important !!!! : buy a PCIe card with power provided directly from the PC alimentation. Power provided by the PCIe port can not be enough to cover the needs of the Rift S in all situation.

For info, I bought this card : Exsys EX-11092-2

The card has a jumper to decide if you want Power from PCIe or from PC Alimentation. By default it is set for PCIe port, so it has to be moved.

My motherboard is an Asus Rog Strix Z370 egaming and I can garantee it is compatible with it. However cards with VIA controllers are not (or at least the model I tried first)

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

Very important !!!! : buy a PCIe card with power provided directly from the PC alimentation. Power provided by the PCIe port can not be enough to cover the needs of the Rift S in all situation.

The Startech i have installed right now has, it only has the wrong controller...

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I'm looking at this one for the moment:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Inateck-Express-Including-SuperSpeed-Connector/dp/B073NZZ6TG?s=computers

Still have to find out what type of controller it has.