Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

Just in case anyone else is having problems.

AMD GPU and RIFT DK2 no longer work w/ Oculus Runtime 1.19+

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

OM f'ing G! I've read/heard about the OR for over a year now and never really got excited about getting one. Last year my wife even asked me if I was going to get one and I said no, which surprised her. Well, after talking with a particular friend that had just recently gotten one I was motivated to try one out. It came last Friday... OM f'ing G!!! is all I can say. I can't believe I waited this long to jump on board... It is much better than I was expecting but still has a long way to go, imho. But I can't imagine flying without it now... This has to be worse than crack! lol I was so impressed that I upgraded my GTX970 for a GTX1080SC... WTH, you only live once and I have no kids! (except myself that is...)

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

OM f'ing G! I've read/heard about the OR for over a year now and never really got excited about getting one. Last year my wife even asked me if I was going to get one and I said no, which surprised her. Well, after talking with a particular friend that had just recently gotten one I was motivated to try one out. It came last Friday... OM f'ing G!!! is all I can say. I can't believe I waited this long to jump on board... It is much better than I was expecting but still has a long way to go, imho. But I can't imagine flying without it now... This has to be worse than crack! lol I was so impressed that I upgraded my GTX970 for a GTX1080SC... WTH, you only live once and I have no kids! (except myself that is...)

:thumbup:

Welcome to the dark side lol!

Been using my Rift since Jan 15th , would never game without it now. I still have much of that same feeling each time I put it on.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On the plus side, you've gotten the rift at a much lower price than what we paid. And it now comes with Touch controllers!

I realized that after the fact, just an added bonus!

Indeed, there is no going back.

Amen!! lol I'm just blown away each time I use it...

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Amen!! lol I'm just blown away each time I use it...

Throw a couple of transducers in your flight seat for that extra immersion. Cold starting that Mi8 in VR with a haptic seat is even more away blowing. Welcome inside pilot.

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

Throw a couple of transducers in your flight seat for that extra immersion. Cold starting that Mi8 in VR with a haptic seat is even more away blowing. Welcome inside pilot.

Geez, I used to have... I'm spacing the name of this cushion right now... but you'd put it behind your back and it does exactly what you're talking about, but it broke on me many years ago... Was cool while I had it! As much as I like the out doors, being inside is really cool!! ;)

Justificus

System Specs:

Devs are Aware of FI/FSX's Feature Set, as well as requests for Similar Functions in DCS (Binoculars / Small Zoom Feature, Choose Between Mouse/VR HMD Laser Pointer, etc etc).

Idea Wise it's OK to mention features, but if / when features are implemented, comparing them to other sims would be somewhat frowned on, as comparisons w/ other sims overall are out of place.

-Binoculars, I'd Love them, they'd be useful for longer range target spotting.

-An Accessibility Zoom (1.5x that follows mouse cursor), would be helpful, but not as important. (I have set tweaked custom snapviews that make everything 100% readable.)

-Switch/Toggle-Able Cursor control, Definitely, it's user preference for in flight control, but for mission editing, it's a bit of a hassle to me.

Switch/Toggle-Able Cursor control?????? user preference for in flight control????? Kind of Triassic thing when compared with the LEAP motion hands Switch/Toggle-able in the VR cockpit dude!!!!

Your quote it's outdated ...

Oculus support

Just in case anyone else is having problems.

AMD GPU and RIFT DK2 no longer work w/ Oculus Runtime 1.19+

I contacted oculus support, i get this reaction. They work on a solultion:

The message of oculus below:

We're working on a hotfix and hope to have it out next week. At this point we don't have anything more specific.

I'd recommend keeping an eye on our forums here for the latest information.

Regards,

Elspeth

Oculus Support

Edited by Maverick_NL

MrMaverick

Pilot in the RAZBAM Harrier DIsplay Team

Mavericks Youtube: My Youtube Channel

Discord: https://discord.gg/MRU8m5m

Jetseat Kw908 works wonderful.It's just like oculus.You start flying with and you will never fly without...I can suggest without hesitation.And Andre (He is selling the Kw908) he is present all the time,he answers all your questions.Just perfect if you can't afford a motion sim chair systems

Edited by baris

I finally hooked up my Jetseat after months of not being able to get to it. And it is pretty awesome. I had a smile on my face the whole ride in the Huey. I must admit, I didn't think it would add that much to DCS, but I was wrong. It added another aspect to the flight sim that I didn't know about!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Amazon matching Oculus at $350 for Black Friday. Great deal

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

for me 2.1 gets the best frame rates

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Hi,

Three years ago, I've just reinstalled DCS this week-end(1.5 and 2.0) and it's a great pleasure to see how much the sim is really good

I've also tried DCS with my brand new Oculus CV1 and the only thing that I can say now is: INCREDIBLE!

Really immersive.

Since this first VR experience with DCS I've two questions.

I've read different tips on forums but even after different kind of setup, the result remain the same:

1)

I have to work on my setting has my graphics are too much fuzzy. Instruments (even the HSI or the Airspeed are unreadable)

I've tried to setup the Supersampling from 1.0 to 1.5 but I've seen a difference between both setup. (The free rate drop (from 90 to 45 aprox)

I've also tried from the Oculus debug tools....but I haven't seen a real visual difference.

I've all graphics setting to low or off except:

Resolution texture is set to high and terrain details too.

Cockpit resolution is on 1024 and anise is set to 16x

2) The cockpit Scale

i'ce seen that my cockpit (at this time I've tried with the A10, F15, Mig 21, Mig 29, SU 27) looks little bit too much big (it's the same thing with lateral panels)

My main resolution is 3440 x 1440 for my main monitor.

I don't know if it's possible to "reduce" the scale" of cockpit from setting.

Thanks for your help and have a nice day.

There is a sticky thread "All things VR" You should check that video out as a start. And you should post your HW specs so people can assist better.

Here it is: DCS World Guide for All things VR

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 2 weeks later...

I remember how impressed I was when I first jumped in the A-10 on the Rift! I remember finding myself trying to reach for switches in the cockpit! But, after the newness wore off, I too was disappointed in the settings I had to run at to keep decent frame rates. I eventually upgraded to a 1080ti card and it has made a huge difference. Now in 2.2 I am getting very smooth framerates AND good visuals! Very nice. Today I was flying without the Rift while I mapped some controls for the A/V-8B and thought.....UGH! Once you fly in VR its never the same again without it!!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Hey guys. It's been a while since I've posted up here. Just got an Oculus last week and started playing around with it and I am absolutely in love with this thing. Still working on the graphics settings to get the best image I can.

So the reason why I'm posting is because I got to thinking about the whole "Oculus Touch" conundrum. I started googling for something like a touch glove like device and I found this

https://developer.leapmotion.com/vr-setup/oculusrift/

Judging from the tech demo videos it seems like this thing could be the missing link for flight simmers. Can you imagine not having to mess with a keyboard ever again... amazing to think it could be a real thing.

Any thoughts on this or has anyone seen a working version of this?

I bought the original Leap and the Rift mount quite a while back. It was interesting, but not very accurate. Sits on the shelf now collecting dust now. They apparently have a V2 in the works and Pimax 8 has a module attachment in development so maybe we will see more and better possibilities down the road. More adoption and development could make it a reasonable controller option if they can make it accurate enough. Time will tell.

i tried to get my leap motion back into my setup, and it was NOT good.

V2 is the software.

grant it is much improved from when it first came out.

it works very well tracking your hands in desktop mode (having the sensor on the table),

but it is still flaky (to me) in VR mode (having the sensor vertically)

my hands did not track well when i held it up to my for head for testing.

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Well, poop. That's a bummer to hear. Seems like someone would be able to make a tight fitting glove with a sensor on each finger tip would probably work well.

FlyInside supports Leap Motion in FSX. I read that it is pretty good for large buttons an toggles if they are far enough apart, but DCS birds have a serious amount of instruments that are so small and close together that it accuracy wouldn't make it practical.

Oculus has been working on gloves for months. No doubt others, if not already, will be as well. It makes sense for VR and given how well Oculus developed Touch, I would think what ever comes out the door will nudge others to follow suit.

Hello guys, I need HELP!!!!

I just bought a new PC and the OR, I have tried several graphic settings but I'm still disappointed at how the game looks in the OR, I found that it's very hard to spot targets on the ground playing 1.5 version, I find everything so fuzzy, it's very hard to distinguish even what kind of plane you have two spots from you even while your sitting on the ground, I've read several posts where people are so happy with the rift, but the way the game looks on the monitor (nothing sophisticated, just playing on a HD monitor with 1920X1024 resolution) it's so beautiful, and when you jump on the OR even the experience and the immersion it's so great, it just doesn't make the game that enjoyable, I will appreciate some tips about making things more clear and less blurry during the game.

i-7700k, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080, SSD 250GB nothing is over clocked