Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

How's everyone's frame rates looking with and without pixel density turned up? I decided to run some tests last night with my FPS counter turned on. I managed a steady 45 fps in downtown Las Vegas with a steady 90+ fps out in the desert away from building and additional scenery. Trying similar tests in my Steam version of 1.5 the frame rates were much worse dipping as far south as 20 fps near Anapa and the coast. The water in 1.5 also seemed to have some very odd issues using the Rift. I would say 2.0 is much better optimized for the Rift. (all settings maxed except MAA which I tried between 2 and 8 but saw no noticeable frame rate change)

Also, I tried turning up pixel density using the tool but didn't seem to notice any change. Someone mentioned that it doesn't work if DCS is not installed in the default location (which mine isn't). How do you work around this?

You Guys have convinced me...

I just pulled the trigger and hopefully will get mine in August.

:D that's why I hate hanging out on these forums, AVS forums, etc. Sooner or later, you end up buying stuff. I got Alexa because I was reading all about it, over and over and over...until I was assimilated :D It's awesome, BTW.

Well the tracking website updated to "Ready for UPS" and the delivery date is 'unknown' however I also got an email from UPS MyChoice stating that I have a parcel delivery expected tomorrow.. :bounce: do I dare believe it to be in my hands tomorrow! :fear:

Come on, Man!!! Rookie move. You should convince yourself *RIGHT NOW* that it won't get there until Monday. Better to be surprised than disappointed. :D:joystick: Best of luck! I think mine required signature, so check the UPS site. Maybe it was the Vive that needed the signature. Double check. The last thing you want is that "we missed you...we'll try again" note on the door. Soul Crushing! :)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

VR is worth it! I don't know about anyone else, but I am really looking forward to the next round of VR updates they put out. I hope it's tomorrow :D :D :D

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

How's everyone's frame rates looking with and without pixel density turned up? I decided to run some tests last night with my FPS counter turned on. I managed a steady 45 fps in downtown Las Vegas with a steady 90+ fps out in the desert away from building and additional scenery. Trying similar tests in my Steam version of 1.5 the frame rates were much worse dipping as far south as 20 fps near Anapa and the coast. The water in 1.5 also seemed to have some very odd issues using the Rift. I would say 2.0 is much better optimized for the Rift. (all settings maxed except MAA which I tried between 2 and 8 but saw no noticeable frame rate change)

Also, I tried turning up pixel density using the tool but didn't seem to notice any change. Someone mentioned that it doesn't work if DCS is not installed in the default location (which mine isn't). How do you work around this?

Yes I'm wondering what we need to do get debug working correctly

It worked for me and my DCS installs are all over the place.

It will NOT work if OCULUS CLIENT is installed outside of the default location.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

What's Alexa all about then?! :book:

Self induced peer pressure! :) I'll give credit where credit is due to Amazon. The ability of Alexa to pick up your voice is amazing. It really is closest you'll get to "Computer...." from Star Trek.

Now all I want is to use Alexa for voice command with DCS. Nirvana? check.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Just to double-check you guys are starting Oculus home then starting the debug making your change and then starting DCS?

My DCS is installed on a secondary drive so not the default location and it still works for me so I'm not sure that's it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

It worked for me and my DCS installs are all over the place.

It will NOT work if OCULUS CLIENT is installed outside of the default location.

I have my Oculus software on my D: drive, and I got it working. You have to specify the file path under File in the debug menu.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Well the tracking website updated to "Ready for UPS" and the delivery date is 'unknown' however I also got an email from UPS MyChoice stating that I have a parcel delivery expected tomorrow.. :bounce: do I dare believe it to be in my hands tomorrow! :fear:

If you got an UPS email then you should get it tomorrow. The general tracking info never updates on time. If you click on your tracking number in the dialogue box (while logged on) you will get more current info.

• Like 1

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

Oculus 1.5 Runtimes are Rolling out, updates include supposed fixes to GPU's not running at full 3d clocks.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

I have my Oculus software on my D: drive, and I got it working. You have to specify the file path under File in the debug menu.

Good find!

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Oculus 1.5 Runtimes are Rolling out, updates include supposed fixes to GPU's not running at full 3d clocks.

Ah...nice! Thanks for the update

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

but if you update your rift, DCS not ready for 1.5, Right?

• Like 1

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

with 1.3+ it shouldnt matter.

all my games, steam, sdk oculus and oculus all installed ssd drive (D DRIVE) debug tool works for me

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

updated to 1.5......all good:)

Just in case you don't know, Steam and the Oculus store are both running some good specials right now. Picked up several titles I was planning to get anyway at good prices.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Well looks like I will get the Oculus today however I doubt even that will lift my spirits given the results of the UK referendum.

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit