M-2000C Cheat/Simplification

SkinnyCyclist

Now, like many other before me I must apologize for not finding what's supposedly already been answered (god, I hate the average forum search function... )

Is there any way to start the M-2000C the easy way? Simplification = just flick that darn switch already!

Windows 10 Home | ASUS Strix Z270H Gaming | 16GB DDR4 RAM | Intel Core i7 7700K 4,2GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Logitech G533 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5

Yea the mirage 2000 is very easy to start up.

And it does not really take any longer then the FC-3 modules do.

Getting the Engine started is only about 4-5 clicks.

And then you have a few more clicks to activate everything else.

But in general.

If i start by asking the Ground Crew to start Rearming.

I then do Engine startup and while the engine spools up i do everything else.

The engine is pretty much spooled up by the time you are armed and by then you should pretty much be ready to go.

Its not really untill INS alignment gets here that there will be any real wait.

Once you know the buttons to push its really quick and easy.

I have the Mig-21 aswell.

And with the Mig-21 and using the Auto startup i still have more switches and dials i have to turn before im ready then it takes to do a fully manual start with the Mirage 2000.

Is it just that you dont know the Start up procedure or is it that you dont want to be bothered doing it?

If its the first id be happy to help.

Either by talking you through it or i can find a video Tutorial.

Guys, don't get me wrong - one of the things that I adore with DCS World and its modules is the attention to detail and that it's not a "Lets scramble and shoot stuff!" type of flight simulator. I always try to learn the procedures the right way when I purchase a module (lately the L-39 Albatros and the startup procedure for this bird was a mouthful...) but sometimes - depending on my mood - it's just nice not having to flick all the switches...

But the startup procedure for the Mirage seems pretty straightforward, so I will of course give it a try. And perhaps there will be some training missions when the module has left beta?

We have come a long way since my first Flight Simulator - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_Simulation_(Psion_software

Windows 10 Home | ASUS Strix Z270H Gaming | 16GB DDR4 RAM | Intel Core i7 7700K 4,2GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Logitech G533 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5

Quick startup is quite legitimate to ask for, that's a good way to attract newer people. Even if there are only a few switches, it can be intimidating. It can't hurt to have it.

I also agree with SkinnyCyclist, I'm not always in the mood for a full startup switchology. Even for people who know the whole procedure, it's quite convenient.

Now if you ask about priority, I'd tell you that this feature could be left in the drawer and delivered at the very end, no problem for me :D

• Like 1

My father is 78 and has DCS, he picked up the M2000 in the last sales, his memory isn't that great but once airborne he is great with a HOTAS.....so for people like himself of a certain age, the easy start (like in the A10-C) eases the frustration he feels at not remembering the start-up sequence....

So yes it would be handy for sure......till then he can ring me daily to 'remind' him one last time where a certain switch was ;-)

My father is 78 and has DCS, he picked up the M2000 in the last sales, his memory isn't that great but once airborne he is great with a HOTAS.....so for people like himself of a certain age, the easy start (like in the A10-C) eases the frustration he feels at not remembering the start-up sequence....

So yes it would be handy for sure......till then he can ring me daily to 'remind' him one last time where a certain switch was ;-)

first let me say i admire your father for staying young and playing at 78.

second, i have pretty piss poor memory at and im about half your father`s age

so i printer some forum-made quick-startup guides (for the MiG21 it even has pictures with arrows pointing to the buttons) you should try that.

• Like 1

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys,

AFAIK Razbam didn't say that they were not doing that, and it looks to me like it's kind of "standart" in DCS modules.

No sense in having a lenghty discussion about pro/cons.

My point is: the aircraft is not ready yet; best example is the INS (not yet implemented). Any automatic start-up (or shut-down) procedure will eventually need to take INS into account.

So it sounds logical to implement the INS first, then implement the automatic start-up procedure.

Doing differently will require to make the procedure, then the INS, then remake the procedure => not very efficient IMO ;)

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Carry on... :)

Edited by Azrayen

spacer.png

If remembering the startup is the problem then print the startup checklists. Even though I know the startup of the a-10 quite well, I still use checklists to make sure I don't forget anything.

Autostart will most likely be implemented, but it can take a while.

I find it funny that people can't even figure out what DCS stands for... Digital Combat Simulator

emPHAsis on "Simulator"...

the exact opposite is like... like going to world of warcraft and asking for realistic damage with swords and axes... there'd be body parts everywhere... and nobody'd be having a good time...

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For people who only play single player, use "parking hot" in the editor so your plane is already ready to go !

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

I find it funny that people can't even figure out what DCS stands for... Digital Combat Simulator

emPHAsis on "Simulator"...

the exact opposite is like... like going to world of warcraft and asking for realistic damage with swords and axes... there'd be body parts everywhere... and nobody'd be having a good time...

Your example is way exaggerated, it's only about startup sequence.

I agree with Az', without INS there's no point doing it now and RAZBAM never said it won't be done.

Guys,

AFAIK Razbam didn't say that they were not doing that, and it looks to me like it's kind of "standart" in DCS modules.

No sense in having a lenghty discussion about pro/cons.

My point is: the aircraft is not ready yet; best example is the INS (not yet implemented). Any automatic start-up (or shut-down) procedure will eventually need to take INS into account.

So it sounds logical to implement the INS first, then implement the automatic start-up procedure.

Doing differently will require to make the procedure, then the INS, then remake the procedure => not very efficient IMO ;)

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Carry on... :)

This ^. Just be patient. I am dealing with radar woes right now.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Guys, again: why arguing about that?

Let's say auto-start feature will be done, like for other modules.

Like it? Use it.

Don't like it? Don't use it.

Everyone happy.

Is there more?

Agreed. Just add it in when they can. Ideally it will be the same command as it is in other modules. People that know the plane inside out and have Track IR don't have to use it.

first let me say i admire your father for staying young and playing at 78.

second, i have pretty piss poor memory at and im about half your father`s age

so i printer some forum-made quick-startup guides (for the MiG21 it even has pictures with arrows pointing to the buttons) you should try that.

He is quite a guy, ex-forces so it's in his blood I guess....I'll get my printer sparked up and put a bundle together for him :thumbup:

For those who does not want to wait, maybe you can do a quick autohotkey script that makes the startup at a press of a button.

Anyway, the Mirage 2000C right now is a beta, is not finished yet. The quick startup command will be surely done, you just have to be patient.

Win 8.1, I7 4770K 4.5ghz watercooled, 240gb SSD in Raid 0, 16GB DDR3-2400, EVGA GTX780 watercooled, LG 29EA73-P (2560x1080)

Cobra M5 *modded by BRD*, CH Pro Throttle, Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR5 Pro + Delanclip, Bose QC 15, TM Cougar MFD's

300/30 mbps

last night in the 104 no was no way to launch the m2000c changed something in the startup ??

Please read topics before asking. Already two threads about that (from memory), with a better suited title than the present one ;)

spacer.png