Practice Missions Now Available!

Hello,

I have purchased yesterday your DLC and I can't find the single missions on my system (despite following the instructions at the start of that thread).

Thanks for your help.

Fulcrum_64th

Edited by fulcrum_64th

:pilotfly:

win 10x64 - Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero - I9 9900K@5.0GHz - Samsung 970 EVO m2 2TB - RAM Corsair 64GB DDR4 - Corsair H150i pro - Strix RTX 2080 Ti- oculus rift S and a few other goodies :joystick:

• 7 months later...

Hi all,

The Basic qualification missions are awesome.

I have huge troubles with mission #7 aerobatics.

It is impossible to perform an Immelman at 260/280 kt. The aircraft stall before it is inverted.

Furthermore, when I try to increase speed to 300/310 kt (best speed to start Immelman), the instructor says "failed to perfom.." before starting the figure.

any idea (tips) to pass the mission #7 successfully?

Cheers

Pierre

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For the aerobatic maneuvers speed is key so for the Immelman you can dive down somewhat to pick up sufficient speed then pull back hard on the stick and keep it pulled back until you are point in the opposite direction.

The success triggers are keying off your heading and plane orientation.

Having sufficient speed before you pull back should ensure a successful half-loop.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

That's correct. Once you reach angels 7 at approximately 260 knots then you will get the instructions to start the Immelman and have 30 seconds to complete it.

We just retested and it is possible to pass it however use a gradual pull on the stick when over 260 knots (more speed is better). If you pull back too hard then it will stall out and you won't be able to complete the half-loop.

It does take some practice but with time you will get the right feel for it and can complete it within the 30 seconds given.

Hey guys need some help. Am a FNG with DCS in A10 having flown it it only a couple of months.Just started BFTQ and the issues started.Passed BFT02 twice yet module won't let me advance.Finally got into BFT03 practice syllabus but the IP continues to bust me for course deviations. 2 out of 4 times sent me straight out sea for >20 miles w/o a word or back into mountain range behind Batumi.Just little bit of background on me....flew F-4E 5 in previous life so I can nail alts and AS pretty well. Have tried suggestions at beginning of this thread to advance beyond this but my missions tab won't open now.Was having a great time aviating up till now. any suggestions.

Hey guys need some help. Am a FNG with DCS in A10 having flown it it only a couple of months.Just started BFTQ and the issues started.Passed BFT02 twice yet module won't let me advance.Finally got into BFT03 practice syllabus but the IP continues to bust me for course deviations. 2 out of 4 times sent me straight out sea for >20 miles w/o a word or back into mountain range behind Batumi.Just little bit of background on me....flew F-4E 5 in previous life so I can nail alts and AS pretty well. Have tried suggestions at beginning of this thread to advance beyond this but my missions tab won't open now.Was having a great time aviating up till now. any suggestions.

This is tricky and frustrating but once you get whats happening you can resolve it fairly easy(I think)..

For me, I made sure to head right into each way-point and make sure I trip the trigger. If you turn to early or late you need to get onto the proper heading asap or yes, you will be hammered for it.

Anyway, I believe the main thing is to make sure you are hitting the triggers(waypoints).. although, I am sure you will be sent across the country every so often anyway lol.

Oh and your "my missions" tab may be something to do with the save-game folder that Sabre is talking about.. sounds kinda similar to my problem.. worth a try

Edited by SharkBaztard

Let DCS recreate your saved games folder (copy anything you want to keep first).

There was a file in there that caused the Mission menu to have some issues.

I can't recall the filename but once we did that it worked properly for us again.

Thank you for the reply..

Is this as simple as removing the folder and starting DCS?

or do I need to learn how to "repair" dcs?

Thanks for idea about waypoints. I believe though that in the "practice" mission which precedes the "actual" BFT03 I don't see any waypoints in the briefing. in the actual hop which is an air start he merely says fly heading 300 to angles 8.Next he instruct to contact ATC which gives me an ILS vector back to Batumi. As I line up on the vector he simply says head back to airport at pattern alt.

and 200-250KIAS.

Id rather just jump ahead the actual BFT03 rather that fight this guy. Thus trying to open mission tab. very frustrating since I'm not a techie,and id like to finish this syllabus.

If you are having trouble with the triggers do a DCS Repair and make sure you are running the latest video card drivers.

Recon Stewart did a great job videoing all the missions so you can compare your experience

If you still have trouble it could be a bug due to a recent update so if it happens multiple times please report it to mapleflagmissions@gmail.com and we will try and reproduce it.

You do have to fly the missions with precision as it is a qualification test so we tried to make it as challenging as possible (without making it impossible).

Thank you for the reply..

Is this as simple as removing the folder and starting DCS?

or do I need to learn how to "repair" dcs?

Removing the folder and a DCS Repair worked for us but after the latest set of updates it appears even that fix doesn't work anymore.

A quick way to get to the missions is using the Mission Editor.

That still allows you to search the directories to open the missions.

Alternatively you can go to the campaigns directory and copy the single player files either to your Saved Missions folder or the A-10 Single Missions folder.

Thanks for idea about waypoints. I believe though that in the "practice" mission which precedes the "actual" BFT03 I don't see any waypoints in the briefing. in the actual hop which is an air start he merely says fly heading 300 to angles 8.Next he instruct to contact ATC which gives me an ILS vector back to Batumi. As I line up on the vector he simply says head back to airport at pattern alt.

and 200-250KIAS.

Id rather just jump ahead the actual BFT03 rather that fight this guy. Thus trying to open mission tab. very frustrating since I'm not a techie,and id like to finish this syllabus.

You can manually edit your logbook to skip the practice missions.

This thread has instructions on how to do that.

Thx Sabre.....mission editor idea worked!! Still think there's a bug in program though as IP sent me eastbound at 260 degrees@260kias for 80 miles. Never instructed me to turn to different heading. Whenever I tried to turn he'd nail me for going off course. Maybe trying to test my water survival skills. Will try again this evening.

Thx Sabre.....mission editor idea worked!! Still think there's a bug in program though as IP sent me eastbound at 260 degrees@260kias for 80 miles. Never instructed me to turn to different heading. Whenever I tried to turn he'd nail me for going off course. Maybe trying to test my water survival skills. Will try again this evening.

Which mission is it and we will retest? Also was it the practice mission, campaign qual mission or both?

If it's BFT03 then after you reach WP 2 and hear the PO Start message and turn to 260 at 260 knots then after a short time you should hear the FE say:

"We will be using Batumi for this PO.

Contact the tower to get an approach vector."

If you don't hear that, you can still contact the tower to get the approach vector and the mission should still play as intended.

It's a large range trigger for that voice over but it is possible your heading is taking you north or south of the flight plan and the trigger is not firing for you to hear that instruction.

Maybe we can just time the instruction after the PO Start message so missing the zone won't matter much.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I got an isue with BFT09.

After going around, I climb to 120, angel 7, 260 kt, then I turn to 040 angel 7, 260 kt, then turn to 300, angel 7, 260 kt.

After that no more message from instructor.

I get myself at 55 NM from airport and If I try to ask vector at Batumi, instructor says "terminate, terminate... etc".

What goes wrong.

I'm using latest DCS world 1.5.7.10175.

See pictures attached

Screen_171007_152856.thumb.jpg.10272302cc39241a66a7267c0b493f0b.jpg

Screen_171007_152638.thumb.jpg.5bacac57a205ec4266ccc574387c527f.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What was reason given for the termination?

Looks like you missed a trigger zone somewhere on the flight path - make sure you hit all the waypoints to ensure the trigger zones are entered.

Thanks,

I'll try today and report...:thumbup:

May be you could enlarge the trigger zones a little bit.

Edited by pierre chassang
Addition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]