New Thrustmaster gear coming soon

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I am disappointed as well to not see more as far as new products, especially considering the size and location of the event, it is worth noting that the throttle they introduced essentially follows the Hornet hotas layout with a couple minor differences.

It looks like it may have a better TDC than the Warthog and a wheel for the radar elevation. At the very least, it could be an option for those that don't want to shell out $400+ for a new hotas set for the Hornet, bearing in mind that the A-10 stick has more buttons and switches than the F-18.

But yes, I'd obviously like a full F-18 stick/throttle set of the same quality, if not better, as the Warthog.

Edited by boomerang10

Yes, much disappointment. At this time frame for product release, VKB will eat Thrustmaster's lunch in the higher end flight sim controls market. Also bodes well for upstarts like hegykc. Been watching his development pace since the beginning and keep hoping he is able to meet expectations, his and ours.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

In my opinion, it was a little disappointing, but it is also an opportunity for flight simmers. They want to know what we want... Time to band together as a community or communities and show them directly what we want. A letter expressing interest in a particular line of controls (for me I would be keen to see some helo options) may gain some traction with enough interest attached (either with signatures or simply links to a relevant thread showing interest).

Put a little thought into it and it could give us an opportunity to direct some of the R&D on new controls, rather than continue to be led...

I got a set of VKB pedals this year. Fantastic. I have many HOTAS/pedals/etc, Cougar, original F22 TQS from TM, several sets of CH usb/gameport, Warthog, X45, X52, X65, Suncom F15, Slaw 109 cams, Crosswinds, etc. Yes, it's a problem. I have over a dozen mechanical keyboards. You get the drift.

VKB has been a product/company that has greatly impressed me. I think if they had some $ backing and a solid production plan/ability, they could really BE something in the sim market. As in not just coming to take part, but come and take over. If they produced a great throttle and just followed on with their latest sticks and variants, they would do great IMO.

So, obviously I agree with Chief wholeheartedly. While the one set I haven't picked up is the x55/56, I don't think I'm missing much, (and the aforementioned Logitech, hah), and IMO, VKB has the ball in their court right now. IF they wanted to, they could seize a pretty serious share of the market. With Star Citizen coming out sooner than later, and more and more higher fidelity simulation products being produced, there is NO better time to strike if you ask me.

I also wish TM would get off its ass and make a new higher end HOTAS, but most of all, wish CH Products would do the same. CH has been rolling with the same design for what now, nearly 2 decades almost with the Combat/fighter stick, throttle and pedals? Stagnation city, and it sucks.

Edited by Gman109

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

"new squadron of flight sticks"

i guess this squadron is from special operations so they were hidden stealth

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I am actually happy for updated T16000, been wanting to get one but it has been impossible to find where I live, at least from a non shady looking vendor and with warranty. With new model, some bound to get imported at least.

I hope the update isn't color only thiugh, and I hope twist rudder axis also got high precision hall sensors, since original model's throttle and rudder axes were apparently quite coarse.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Right...

That's blatant open lying. What's wrong with them? Are they so far behind in product development and do they invest so little in R&D that in the past 10 years that's all they've been able to achieve?

They just seem desperate for attention and that whole event feels like a poor attempt to get some spot light by waving their arms really hard with nothing to actually show for it. No one forced them to promess a whole new set of joysticks that doesn't exists.

For the first time I've grown much less fond of Thrustmaster and VKB products suddenly got a lot more attractive (if they could come up with a metal grip and throttle, maybe ffb). Good job Thrustmaster, great marketing strategy! Calling for such an event for so little almost feels like they're close to go bankrupt.

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In my opinion, F/A-18C was not likely to come out as a HOTAS product due to small number of buttons on throttle and lacking of a proper simulator for it. Yes, DCS: F/A-18C is going to be out soon but how many people will get it(!), how good will it be(!).

I am still hoping for an F-15C HOTAS which could very well contain the controls of F/A-18C.

They could have just done the F/A-18C stick though.

They could have just done the F/A-18C stick though.

Which has less buttons than Warthog/F16. Apart from people wanting a full replica, I doubt many would be interested.

An inexpensive hotas (X52 style) and rudder is a good thing, but I've also been expecting a bit more from " a squadron of new joysticks".

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Very disappointing was looking forward to some new or future products, this was absolutely worthless, i guess I can focus my attention and spending else where.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I'm waiting for Saitek X56, maybe the fixed all the X55 issues

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Right...

That's blatant open lying. What's wrong with them? Are they so far behind in product development and do they invest so little in R&D that in the past 10 years that's all they've been able to achieve?

They just seem desperate for attention and that whole event feels like a poor attempt to get some spot light by waving their arms really hard with nothing to actually show for it. No one forced them to promess a whole new set of joysticks that doesn't exists.

For the first time I've grown much less fond of Thrustmaster and VKB products suddenly got a lot more attractive (if they could come up with a metal grip and throttle, maybe ffb). Good job Thrustmaster, great marketing strategy! Calling for such an event for so little almost feels like they're close to go bankrupt.

Agree, opening paragraph.

I have never seen a company miss the mark by so far.

I wonder how cheated those ho paid to travel miles for this blatant lie. Shame on you TM, I will not buy any more of your products because of this, a squadron of joysticks?

Anyone from TM commented yet on the hype let down?

In such a niche community, they hav completely fooked me off with this.

Pathetic.

However, it has opened the door for hegykc and replica. Do a crowd fund now a Hegykc and take advantage of TMS own goal!

Edited by Mr_Burns

I worked with/helped Thrustmaster when they released the Warthog... this does not surprise me at all!

Care to elaborate?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Where can we even get VKB, though? Out of stock everywhere I look.

They're working on the next batch of products. :thumbup:

Their Black Mamba had a final production run and is now gone - forever. Their next high-end stick is going to be the "Gunfighter" and "Gunfighter Pro" (will come with an extension by default). The Gunfighter is basically the replacement of the Mamba, with the same high-quality internals (steel gimbal and steel cams, exchangeable grips) as the Mamba.

They're also working on new grips for the Mamba and Gunfighter bases, one inspired by WWII warbirds (the KG-12 in metal), one inspired by the grip of the real-life Su-35 (supposedly metal as well), as well as stand-alone throttle quadrants (one of which is inspired by WWII planes, the other a more modern one). Future stuff.

Until then, they'll be offering a more mid/low-end type controller called "Gladiator" to bring in some $$$ for production of the higher-end stuff. There'll be a Gladiator Pro with the same high-quality gimbal and cams as the Mamba/Gunfighter series, as well. A "Gunfighter Plus" is also in the works, that has a built-in throttle.

Also, there's always the awesome T-Rudder pedals (currently MkIVs) series, with steel cams to be had, too.

So, in a nutshell - VKB is working on good stuff, but because they're a small team it will take longer than most of us might like; however, as a VKB convert myself (see signature), It's well worth the wait.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

In my opinion, F/A-18C was not likely to come out as a HOTAS product due to small number of buttons on throttle and lacking of a proper simulator for it. Yes, DCS: F/A-18C is going to be out soon but how many people will get it(!), how good will it be(!).

I am still hoping for an F-15C HOTAS which could very well contain the controls of F/A-18C.

Really? So how did we get the Warthog? The Hornet and its controller would be far more popular than the warthog.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT