A-10/Su-33 GBU Mod?

efs2

Guest IguanaKing

The mod referenced in that thread is just something I did with LOPE. With Alfa's advice I finally was able to fix the appearance of the AGM-65Ds on the LAU-88 on station 9. My mod includes the GBU-10 and GBU-12 in the armament available for the A-10. I feel funny calling it a "mod" though, because using LOPE made it extremely easy, and the LOMAC A-10 already has the ability to handle this weapon. Do you have LOPE? I could post the MEInit.xml file, but it would overwrite any mods that you have already made, so it'd be best for you just to add the GBUs to what you already have with LOPE.

I have the original MEInit.xml still in place. I could use that MOD. :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Do you have LOPE?
Nope. I've seen references to it, but never any discussion that would explain what it is. And a search at LockOnFiles did not turn up a download called LOPE.

So what is LOPE? And where do I get it?

edit: I found it. The LockOnFiles search function apparently is not to be trusted. I'll probably be back with more questions later.

Guest IguanaKing

Here's my modified MEinit file. I couldn't post from home last night because my internet connection has been about as predictable as the weather lately. :mad:

Edit: Updated version on next thread page.

rgr that thx iguana.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I got them LOPE'd on easy enough...now how do you use them with no symbology?? I know you have to designate them as a target in the ME, but it seems like you just have to guess when you're in parameters for a hit.

And can you attack multiple targets on one pass? I tried dropping then switching targets and dropping another one, but both hit the same target...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest IguanaKing

Just obtain LOS with your target until your pipper becomes active and starts giving you a range to the target. Then, punch the (letter) "O" key to switch to CCRP. At that point you will get a box at the top of the fall line. Keep that box centered on the fall line. When you are near release parameters, the box moves down the fall line. Release is automatic once within parameters in CCRP mode. They don't work too well on moving targets, so don't use them on vehicles that are still moving.

I haven't tried hitting multiple targets yet, but I don't think pushing the "switch targets" button does anything unless you are in easy radar mode in the game. Its theoretically possible if you have enough altitude so you still have LOS on the next target when the first one is destroyed and are still within release parameters. But, I think your targets would have to be pretty far away from each other for it to work.

Ok., don't want to open another topic for the question, so I'm gonna post it here:

How come Su-27S can carry two S-13 rocket launchers on the engine nacells (sp?) pylons, and Su-33 can't?

Is this is an oversight from ED, they forgot to make this possible for Su33, or is it the case IRL?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

Oh yea...

but check this out, Breadfan

2*S-25 on single wing pylon

0906638.jpg

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Guest IguanaKing

Whoops. I just realized that the last-minute LOPEing I did to that MEInit screwed the LAU-88 up on station 9. I just have to make a few quick edits on that file and I'll post an update shortly.

Edit: Here's the update.

Guest IguanaKing

I'm really gettin' into it now. I just corrected the weights of the AGM-65s available to the A-10, and the totals depend on the missile type AND whether or not an LAU-117 or LAU-88 is mounted.