Help! Need a TrackIR 4 Profile

I searched and someone posted one here but the link with the profile is dead :(

Anyway I just got my TrackIR 4 Pro and Im really not happy. I know it takes time to get used to but whatever the TrackIR software loads up for LOMAC just seems bad in game.

First its uber senstive. I want my view centred if Im not moving my head. But it still moves as it senses the slightest of movements.

I guess my ideal profile would be to have it centred if Im not moving much, and have crisp quick camera movment when Im actually moving my head.

Personaly I tried some editing but I dont think I know what Im doing :(

Please help, few profiles would be cool so I can check them out. Oh and do tell how to install them and how to make sure thats the one TrackIR loads when Im in LOMAC.

Thanks in advance,

Any help is of great value

:Core2Duo @ 435FSB x 7 3.05GHz : ATI x1900xtx: 2GB Patriot @ 435Mhz : WD 250Gb UATA: Seagate 320Gb SATA2: X-Fi Platinum:

you get the profiles with the software. Try the F10 button, there you can choose the actual speed of the movement.

Flip

madrebel.png

sig.jpg

"Imagine the reason that people hold on to

hatred so stubbornly is because if the hate

is removed, the pain will set in. Do not follow where

the path may lead. Go instead where there is

no path and leave a trail."

Oh boy Im ready to give up on this thing... And I see that it has profiles, but whatever it loads, its not helping.

How would I a do a 1:1 with this thing?

I would like my camera to move as much as my head does in real life. Maybe a bit more...

I feel like I need some neck stabilizer because its just wayyy to sensitive.

Edit- Just tried "excluse load" and made a profile with 100 smoothing...much better, but still not right.

:Core2Duo @ 435FSB x 7 3.05GHz : ATI x1900xtx: 2GB Patriot @ 435Mhz : WD 250Gb UATA: Seagate 320Gb SATA2: X-Fi Platinum:

Adjust more dead zone towards the middle of the profile.

How do I do that?

P.S Im going to take a brake hopefully someone will pass me along a good one............I need a food/coffee/sleep break:lol:

Thanks Gunja thats a nice profile.

First thing I noticed was that it didnt have zoom and I think its better that way:)

However I still think its nice to have it. So I enabled the Z axis and set a big dead zone and that seems the best way to go.

However here is a big question.

Why when the Z axis is enabled the cockpit at centred view is zoomed in straight at the HUD? Is there anyway to enable the Z axis and keep the distance from the hood at centred mode the same as in the default cockpit view? Thanks in advance.

Why when the Z axis is enabled the cockpit at centred view is zoomed in straight at the HUD? Is there anyway to enable the Z axis and keep the distance from the hood at centred mode the same as in the default cockpit view? Thanks in advance.

I too am new to the trackir4 and haven't been super impresed yet, ill give this profile a go.

I don't think there is a way to move the default view back, but i just lean forward then press the recenter button, but then you loose the deadzone you created as your technically zoomed out.

Any help on this would be great.

cheers

Also guys, if you enable the heads in the profiler, you can see how much your virtual head moves in relation to your actual head. stick with it, after a while it will become 100% natural and you wont even realize you are doing it.

If anybody still wants some help 1:1, my icq is 72536213. I am usually contactable between 1500 gmt and 2200gmt

One other note, tir will behave differently from one game to the next even with the same profile, it depends on what the max view available is within game. (i.e. max view left/right is about 160 degrees either way with lockon.)

That's because the average angle of the maximum and minimum zoom angle will be the default angle when you use analog zoom control. To widen the default zoom angle, you can increase the maximum (and minimum) zoom angle.

Open \Config\View\view.lua and edit the numbers shown below.

-- Camera view angle limits {view angle min, view angle max}.

CameraViewAngleLimits = {}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_27] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_33] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_25] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_39] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iMiG_29] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iMiG_29K] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iA_10] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iF_15] = {20.0, 120.0}

The default values are {20.0, 120.0} and they will make the default zoom angle 70 degrees. You might want to try {20.0, 160.0} that will make the default angle 90.

• Like 1

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Visit my site Beyond Visual Range.

Thanks TekaTeka Ill try that.

But first I need to figure this out.

So I launch LOMAC and my trackIR doesnt work in it at all....as if its not there, my HAT swtich is fine on the joystick though.

I start my backup copy of LOMAC and it works fine....

Anyone got any ideas.

Its as if it doesnt exist...Try restarting the game, the machine and its the same thing.

Remove the TrackIR files in the Config and Input folders. When you go into your in game options menu it fuxors TrackIR. You'll have to do this every time you go into the menu.............until ED fixes it.

Cheers mate it worked:)

And I think I finaly got this all sorted out.

TekaTekas advice worked. So I used Gunjas profile added the Z axis with a big dead zone and its cool now. Getting a hang of it :)

Thanks for all the help.

• 1 year later...
That's because the average angle of the maximum and minimum zoom angle will be the default angle when you use analog zoom control. To widen the default zoom angle, you can increase the maximum (and minimum) zoom angle.

Open \Config\View\view.lua and edit the numbers shown below.

The default values are {20.0, 120.0} and they will make the default zoom angle 70 degrees. You might want to try {20.0, 160.0} that will make the default angle 90.

This was a big help .

Iam using 190.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asteroids

Update this

:D

also drop the light filtering back to 140-160. anything above this value will cause shakes on the screen.

am certain that you will start to like it as soon as your setup probs are sorted

• Like 1

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog