A sneak peak of .. Leavu3

Ok, Sorry could not figure out how to attach files. I will include complete logs. I have looked in scrips folder and all files are there. The export.lua has been updated with the dcs remote lines.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm sure it is somthing simple. sorry for the long post. I tried to attach without luck.

Hawkeye60

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just hope it doesn't break the few home pits/helios people use for MP, but if that's the cost to keep the riffraff out then it is what it is.

do you know how hard its or how much efforts some pit builder had to go through to build their pits so they can enjoy the game . easy for you to say because you dont know.

Edited by simo1000rr

Ok, Sorry could not figure out how to attach files. I will include complete logs. I have looked in scrips folder and all files are there. The export.lua has been updated with the dcs remote lines.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm sure it is somthing simple. sorry for the long post. I tried to attach without luck.

Hawkeye60

well hmm..

I checked your files and couldnt find anything wrong - however - I saw you have a lot of different alpha & beta installations. Which one have you been testing with? Can you test also with the standard non-beta 1.5?

I mean the ED developers are currently working on implementing the allow_ownship_export switch and it may be forced off in the current alpha versions - I dont know.

If the standard 1.5 or singleplayer doesnt work, then jump on rve ts and lets see what s wrong.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Thanks, Ive tried with both 1.5 release and alpha. Possible conflict in export.lua ? I use dcs bios and the saitek fip scrips.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Thanks, Ive tried with both 1.5 release and alpha. Possible conflict in export.lua ? I use dcs bios and the saitek fip scrips.

hmm. leavu and dcs remote are made to support any other mod simultaneously, however, the other mods might not be.

Just for testing you could try 1.5 with an edited export.lua to only include the dofile on dcs_remote.. Purely for testing purposes. Again, you can always jump on rve TS to get help.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Ok, Found I could connect if I removed the saitek scrip and only had dcs bios and remote in the export.lua. The saitek uses lua for windows. Did not think that would conflict. Could I try and use a different port by changing all conifgs?

As a Work around, I could swap out different export.lua files when flying FC3, as the saitek mod does not support it but I would prefer a more elegant solution.

Thanks again for the help

Awesome work... but this really has the potential to completely destroy competitive online play :/

Well it's up to the admins to decide what is allowed in their servers, events and competitions.

I expect it should only be a few days before ED releases their announced on/off switch for local data exports.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

Hey Yoda,

Point 1) great work,

Point 2) Did you posted somewhere also the DLink server code ? Would be great to had also the code/github/binaries that is running on build.culvertsoft.se:12340 available for LAN parties (probably also good for you as if this gets popular, your DLink server might be overloaded).

PS: I am also skeptical about having this on publics right now (like RvE guys raping everyone else on buddyspike yesteday with - one F15 distance as AWACs and two F15 in mountains with radar off). So maybe for a common courtesy you should not use this on publics until the ED block of local exports is out for admins.

Edited by ZerXen

"Vympel offers R-27EP anti-radar air-to-air missile, I really want to do a SEAD against F15s :lol:"

Hey Yoda,

Point 1) great work,

Point 2) Did you posted somewhere also the DLink server code ? Would be great to had also the code/github/binaries that is running on build.culvertsoft.se:12340 available for LAN parties (probably also good for you as if this gets popular, your DLink server might be overloaded).

I know I have not been clear about this - A standalone DCS Remote = dlink server :). Just Download the dcs remote on any machine you like and run it there. NOTE: Edit its config file (dcs-remote-cfg.json) so it doesn't try to connect to a missing DCS and spam log-errors.

PS: I am also skeptical about having this on publics right now (like RvE guys raping everyone else on buddyspike yesteday with - one F15 distance as AWACs and two F15 in mountains with radar off). So maybe for a common courtesy you should not use this on publics until the ED block of local exports is out for admins.

It will come down to a per-server basis - For example we will host a dedi server soon where cockpit tools/cockpit mods/home cockpits are allowed.

If we are requested by other server admins to not fly in their servers with leavu I will respect that. I cannot speak for others trying to get into server with mods, nor am I a leader of my squad - but if I see something that should not be there I will let them know. But the new setting in the game (a few days ETA?) will fix that regardless.

So far though I have not received any messages, but if there is some concern, just PM, email or hop on rve TS. Remember however that we have had guys from like 10 diff squads on the dlink so it can be difficult to reach out to all for you - I for one do not have their contact information - nor am I logging their details (and adding such logging might even be legally questionable).

I recommend you do not post in this thread with such message - as it will lead to crazy trolling and I will most likely miss that message anyway.

If you are a server admin feel free to message any of the RvE veterans like Myself, Flame, Yorz, etc.

I hope you make the decision based not on who screams the loudest, but actual public opinion or your own squad's internal opion. Possibly one or two reasonably neutral votes like "How do you like flying with leavu/cockpit mods in our server?" "Do you approve of others flying with leavu/cockpit mods in the server?"

If you got like 2% of the community being anti-leavu, It would be a little sad to see it go away imo. But if like 40% are against it for your particular server, then definitely dont have it on your server.

--------

On the behaviour of awacs + sneakers (or whatever you call it :)) - I have not seen that personally with leavu, but it would not surprise me, as I also agree such behavior is a powerful tactic already used by many non leavu users in most servers. Obviously it is made more powerful with flight data link - but so is flying high with good spread, grinders & what have you.

/ My 2c

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

Its really sad what people are trying to do . Data link tactics and improving situational awareness is actually part of nowadays fighter pilots tactical air maneuverability . i cant believe that people try to say that it takes away the realistic concept of the Sim Actually i find it on the contrary that it improves the realistic feeling of fighter squadron and team work .

for god sake people were crying out loud for ED to improve the data link and they kept comparing it to BMS falcon , An outdated sim that can actually have an up to date data link .

The guys at =RVE= were really generous enough to let this to the public so one thing we could do is show a little pit of appreciation to the guy's work and not attack it plus its there for every one to use it and its free also you can use it with the SU 27 so the SU27 fan boys can stop their crying about it if you think its destroying your realistic feeling of the combat sim simply dont use it and let others improve their tactical playing.

I know what most are going to say is that the F15 version that the game has was without data link well might as well lets stay stuck to WWII planes for all fairness .

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2760115&postcount=1282

dont get mad if it happens.

A kind reminder, we do have the option to ban players indefinitely, if anyone is cought using MODs which are so called "cheating" we will ban and that player will not be able to enter any future BuddySpike event.

simo is clearly doesn't understand it works for SU/MIG and gives them an unfair advantage too....you F-15 fan boy, learn to use your RWR and radar and you can get plenty of situation awareness from your sensors i'll stand by the fact if they wanted it they would of put it in the game.

Edited by OldE24

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

So, you're a fan boy if you like an added element of realism? I guess I'm a fan boy too. The closer we get to the real thing, the better. And as he said, the flanker, as well as all fc3 birds get it. So how does that make him a fan boy? Sounds like you're a hater more than he's a fan boy.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2760115&postcount=1282

dont get mad if it happens.

A kind reminder, we do have the option to ban players indefinitely, if anyone is cought using MODs which are so called "cheating" we will ban and that player will not be able to enter any future BuddySpike event.

simo is clearly doesn't understand it works for SU/MIG and gives them an unfair advantage too....you F-15 fan boy, learn to use your RWR and radar and you can get plenty of situation awareness from your sensors i'll stand by the fact if they wanted it they would of put it in the game.

You don’t understand the concept that im trying to explain. Im not talking about an aircraft perse , Im talking about having a feature that the whole software ( DCS ) lacks which is an improvement that’s realistic and is by so far implemented in all aircraft that we know off nowadays that is being the DATA link. If it improves team work so why not every one use it even if it’s a SU . I know that its not typical for SU because it has western sympolgy but who cares.

Do you think having a kneeboard where you can magically press ( LCTRL+K) mark your position on the map is realistic. Or Do you think clicking an F10 that can brings up a map where you can magically measure your distance and bearing and tell it to your fellow wing man is realistic , NO but it helps in situational awareness and both sides use it .

Any way whatever the outcome on this matter I really don’t care because it not the end of life. Enjoy your game and happy flying .

because there are people who DO not use mods they just dont, they play the game the way ED released it and by adding this you give a GROUP the ability to cheat players who use no mods that's my issue with this. IF ED put it out to EVERYONE then it would be fair......

because there are people who DO not use mods they just dont, they play the game the way ED released it and by adding this you give a GROUP the ability to cheat players who use no mods that's my issue with this. IF ED put it out to EVERYONE then it would be fair......

Thats a pretty far reach. By your logic, DCS should ship with track ir and a hotas warthog because if you dont have them you have disadvantages. This is really no different than helios or exporting guages. You take a lot of untrue things for granted when you say it "gives the ability to cheat." Thats nonsense. It's a tool to raise situational awareness, it doesnt reveal anything that isn't already known to a player or players.

Chill guys. I don't want this thread banned. :).

Everyone can configure their server to their own liking.

Thats a pretty far reach. By your logic, DCS should ship with track ir and a hotas warthog because if you dont have them you have disadvantages. This is really no different than helios or exporting guages. You take a lot of untrue things for granted when you say it "gives the ability to cheat." Thats nonsense. It's a tool to raise situational awareness, it doesnt reveal anything that isn't already known to a player or players.

:megalol: :megalol: :megalol: :megalol:

yoda might wanna look at this http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2763624&postcount=1335

Edited by OldE24

Pretty much this ends the argument.

:megalol: :megalol: :megalol: :megalol:

yoda might wanna look at this http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2763624&postcount=1335

They didn't call the mod cheating, they are only minding the hurt feelings of some people. While i Agree this mod should be limited to the F-15C as it did have Link16. I dont see this mod as any real harm to the Mplay state of DCS which favors realism over "feelings".

But hey if Buddy spike wants to go down the hand holding of the feeling over fidelity, then that's a slippery slope. You know some one can feel that trackIR Is not fair, or having multi screens is not fair.