A sneak peak of .. Leavu3

Will support be added to export this to Apple devices?

mac, linux, windows: Desktop only. No plans atm to run on other devices. MAY MAY MAY (low percentage) run on android at some point.

IOS tables & iphone VERY unlikely. Too expensive to develop for - And i dont have the tools or skills :).

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the ask for idea on this, thought of a couple of things.

1. Is it possible to consider using the HSD on unsupported airframes by allowing the sharing of contacts to them on their HSD's? We can share markpoints, hows about our targets. (would need ability to increase range of HSD another way than tying to TDC)

2. More a question on AWACS, i see in single player it shows datalinked targets as hollow. Is it a design choice to make this not erxtend to multiplayer as I didn't see it there.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Considering the ask for idea on this, thought of a couple of things.

1. Is it possible to consider using the HSD on unsupported airframes by allowing the sharing of contacts to them on their HSD's? We can share markpoints, hows about our targets. (would need ability to increase range of HSD another way than tying to TDC)

2. More a question on AWACS, i see in single player it shows datalinked targets as hollow. Is it a design choice to make this not erxtend to multiplayer as I didn't see it there.

1. Most information is simply not available through the regular export.lua API so there is very limited information that I can share for many planes. Besides, it's too much work for me to support all possible planes which have some data available

2. Leavu only uses ownship data export (which for single player includes data from AI wingmen). For some reason, in single player, AI wingmen export pretty much all targets in the mission. Don't know why but it doesnt affect multiplayer since we dont have ai in-flight wingmen there.

3. "Leawacs" will require server admins to install the mod - Leawacs will then transmit information over the datalink network - otherwise there is simply no data to show

Fill = Locked

Hollow = Not locked or unknown lock state

Yellow: own radar contact - enemy or unknown

Green: Own radar or dlink friendly locked

Blue: Buddy on dlink

Red: Buddy target over dlink - enemy or unknown

to summarize:

Shape: Lock State

Color: Iff

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Two questions:

First, the only line that I see in the export file for the dofile in order to also use Leavu3 with Helios is:

dofile(lfs.writedir() .. "Scripts\\dog.lua") Are there others as Leavu2 had about 4 dofiles?

Second, how do you get multiple copies of the export of the screens so you can use one for the HSD and a separate one for the RWR and later a third one for Radar like it is done in Leavu2?

Looks good so far, but still reading.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Two questions:

First, the only line that I see in the export file for the dofile in order to also use Leavu3 with Helios is:

dofile(lfs.writedir() .. "Scripts\\dog.lua") Are there others as Leavu2 had about 4 dofiles?

Second, how do you get multiple copies of the export of the screens so you can use one for the HSD and a separate one for the RWR and later a third one for Radar like it is done in Leavu2?

Looks good so far, but still reading.

Nope, just 1 dofile for leavu3. It will load the stuff it needs itself.

Multiple screens = start leavu3.jar multiple times

AGRASYUK

I have used autohotkey when running DCS with my voice program (VAC) and my tracker (TIR). If you wouldn't mind, please attach your autohotkey program. Just got Leavu3 to work for the FCR, RWR and HSD.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I now have 3 versions of Leavu3 running-one each for the FCR, RWR and the HSD and they fit inside the F15 Helios profile of Capt z.

My remaining questions are:

I am running Leavu3 without boarders so it appears that the only way to quit the displays is to use the task master and end the display tasks. Is there another way?

When the displays appear in the Helios profile, some of the wording, especially the info screen are impossible to read. Is there any way to keep the same size display but increase the size of the words?

I have 2 1920x1080 screens and if anyone wants the config sizes for the displays to fit in Capt Z's F15 Helios profile, let me know.

Ok I apologize for the ignorance but I'm completely confused on how to install this. I looked at the Readme and even that was a bit confusing. Do I drop the entire files into the Users/saved games/scripts? what is the executable? How do I start it. Be awesome if there was a step by step instructional of some sort. Thanks!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

You need both dcsremote and Leavu3 snapshots. Unpack the zipped files 'wherever you want' and run the .jar files. You need Java to run those. The lua files in the scripts subfolder, the rest wherever you want. It's early release as Yoda says so not much in the way of fluffy docs so if you aren't comfortable you might be better off waiting. Youy shoudl probably at a minimum know what you need to keep in your export.lua.

Ok I apologize for the ignorance but I'm completely confused on how to install this. I looked at the Readme and even that was a bit confusing. Do I drop the entire files into the Users/saved games/scripts? what is the executable? How do I start it. Be awesome if there was a step by step instructional of some sort. Thanks!

Bit of a challenge, i'm trying to think of a way to have, and then save, multiple setups on the same exe. I guess multiple folders and multiple exe's, right? It might be something to solve programatically, i remember leavu2 had a bigger system, but tbh, i do like the simplicity of this one.

Nope, just 1 dofile for leavu3. It will load the stuff it needs itself.

Multiple screens = start leavu3.jar multiple times

Thanks got it all working now. Amazing program thanks!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

i'm having difficulty trying to make the windows appear on a secondary monitor upon loading.

i have edited the leavu3-cfg.json file but once the resolution goes beyond the primary monitor it does not put it on a different monitor with out dragging it over. BUt this is looking great!!!!

i3dman

Perhaps I can help you as I seem to have everything running nicely with Helios. Do you have the number of screens set to 1 in the game? When editing the config file for Leavu3, you have to assume 2 screens.

i run 6 screens total and i would want this on the 4th screen with helios.

In the game i have the resolution set to span 4 of the 6 monitors.

what needs to be changed in the config as i don't see any monitor amount settings?

thanks man

I now have 3 versions of Leavu3 running-one each for the FCR, RWR and the HSD and they fit inside the F15 Helios profile of Capt z.

My remaining questions are:

I am running Leavu3 without boarders so it appears that the only way to quit the displays is to use the task master and end the display tasks. Is there another way?

When the displays appear in the Helios profile, some of the wording, especially the info screen are impossible to read. Is there any way to keep the same size display but increase the size of the words?

I have 2 1920x1080 screens and if anyone wants the config sizes for the displays to fit in Capt Z's F15 Helios profile, let me know.

To quit leavu3:

Right click the icon in the taskbar. Click close

Or

Click the icon in the taskbar, then alt+f4

To increase the text size, edit the symbolScale parameter in leavu3's config file

Bit of a challenge, i'm trying to think of a way to have, and then save, multiple setups on the same exe. I guess multiple folders and multiple exe's, right? It might be something to solve programatically, i remember leavu2 had a bigger system, but tbh, i do like the simplicity of this one.

Create a launcher script and have 3 different config files.

Or 3 different unzipped directories ( your choice).

Leavu3.jar also accepts a command line parameter - the path of a different config file.

i'm having difficulty trying to make the windows appear on a secondary monitor upon loading.

i have edited the leavu3-cfg.json file but once the resolution goes beyond the primary monitor it does not put it on a different monitor with out dragging it over. BUt this is looking great!!!!

Interesting. Could be a bug or limitation somewhere. As I don't have any secondary monitors... wanna jump on ts or pm and talk to me about the problem? We can probably find a workaround

so I'm having a bit of trouble starting this. The infinity icon shows up only momentarily then disappears and when I launch the leavu3 jar i get

augs5OO.png

any ideas?

thanks

edit: in the dcs remote log flie i get this error ERROR: DCS Remote failed: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unrecognized calling convention: 3

Edited by ajmpet
formatting and ending

so I'm having a bit of trouble starting this. The infinity icon shows up only momentarily then disappears and when I launch the leavu3 jar i get

augs5OO.png

any ideas?

thanks

edit: in the dcs remote log flie i get this error ERROR: DCS Remote failed: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unrecognized calling convention: 3

no clue :S. Havent seen that. Can you upload your dcs remote log file somewhere? So i can see all of it?

Also what java version do you have? What OS are you on?

I only tested on win10, ubuntu 1404 and macos so far.

Also make sure your java jre is 64 bit!

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

no clue :S. Havent seen that. Can you upload your dcs remote log file somewhere? So i can see all of it?

Also what java version do you have? What OS are you on?

I only tested on win10, ubuntu 1404 and macos so far.

Also make sure your java jre is 64 bit!

twas the incorrect version of java my bad derp works perfectly in fact it's awesome