DCS don't start after upgrading to 1.5

Snake-fx

After upgrading to the last version ( using the updater that automatically start when launching DCS ) the sim don't start. Windows 7 show this message.

Then clicking on close the program it say that is impossible to start the application and that I must click on ok to close that notice.

I have searched on the forum and I have seen many users having a similar problems and they have solved installing msvcr120.dll or installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013. But unfortunately none of this solutions work for me.

I have tried the repair function of DCS but also don't work.

fsscr001.jpg.dc356c5d62825f3d6573471625629662.jpg

Edited by Snake-fx

My configuration:

Windows 7 (Italian language)

Motherboard MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING

8 GB RAM ddr3

CPU Intel core I-4570S

Radeon HD6970 2gb 880 mhz

DCS World is installed on a different hard disk from where windows is installed

• ED Team

Hi Snake-fx

please attach your whole logs folder zipped to a post here, we will try to help you

Navigate to C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\logs

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

After upgrading to the last version ( using the updater that automatically start when launching DCS ) the sim don't start. Windows 7 show this message.

Then clicking on close the program it say that is impossible to start the application and that I must click on ok to close that notice.

I have searched on the forum and I have seen many users having a similar problems and they have solved installing msvcr120.dll or installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013. But unfortunately none of this solutions work for me.

I have tried the repair function of DCS but also don't work.

After updating the software you mention above, You may also need to restart the PC. Did you restart after updating them?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

This is a Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Runtime Issue,

Make sure you have the 2013 Runtimes installed, if you just installed them reboot.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

After updating the software you mention above, You may also need to restart the PC. Did you restart after updating them?

No, I have used ( as many times ) autoupdate that start when you launch DCS. Clicking on "update", then when finished it launch DCS World, but the mentioned advice appear. Following restart have no effect.

This is a Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Runtime Issue,

Make sure you have the 2013 Runtimes installed, if you just installed them reboot.

I have installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Runtime but that don't solve the problem. Also after reboot.

1.2.6 uses DX9 and Lower System Specs.

Try Running DCS as Administrator

Also Make sure your not running DCS1.5 w/ the Integrated Intel HD Graphics.

Also a Detailed System Spec read out would be helpful.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• ED Team

Would it be worth checking Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 runtime install as well?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1.2.6 uses DX9 and Lower System Specs.

Try Running DCS as Administrator

Also Make sure your not running DCS1.5 w/ the Integrated Intel HD Graphics.

Also a Detailed System Spec read out would be helpful.

I run DCS as Administrator from the beginning of his Installation.

Absolutely I don't use the Integrated Intel graphics!

Would it be worth checking Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 runtime install as well?

I have tried installing Visual C++ 2010 but nothing change.

Today I have restored a backup of the DCS World with Acronis True Image, so now I have the 1.2.6 regularly functioning, better than nothing :smilewink:. Probably this week I will try to update the "test" installation that I have on the other hard disk, to the 1.5, to see if a new update now can work.

However when I originally have updated to 1.5, I have used the torrent method but I remember that two times it stop to functioning. Than trying to restart the update, it check the already downloaded files and start the download from where it stop, so I thought there were no problems, but maybe some files could be corrupted? Maybe it is better to don't use the torrent method?

Edited by Snake-fx