Aileron behavior and effectiveness

Reflected

Two years later and this still has not been fixed even after being reported? And 4 years after the initial report. Just think about it, one of the most combat relevant flight features of this aircraft is still wildly off nearly half a decade later. This is extremely frustrating. Its almost as if they entire reason people pay out the wazoo for the advanced flight models is for things like this to be correct.

Edited by KenobiOrder
  • Like 2

@NineLine: I have recently revived the Sabre and the module is generally very good. But when I fight againsta Mig-15 I need the aileron control to work near Mach 1. Right now this is no fun at all. Please plead with the team to get this issue addressed!

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

As far as i'm aware that was one major advantage the F86 had over the mig was with its all moving tail and hydro-boosted controls it didn't lock up at all where the mig had major lockup issues at M~M.75-.82'ish.  But currently not only will your controls lock but they lock in the position they were at when locked.  Which is kind of a big issue.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

I have bought this module and spent a lot of time on it.
This problem has always been there.

I have over 10 modules and from now on I intend on not buying any since this problem has never been addressed. It's quite obvious that most of my modules will suffer the same fate.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 1:00 PM, NorthAmericanAviator said:

You guys at ED still don't care about this issue? I understand that you have other stuff to work on and such, but wouldn't it be better to just get this bug out of the way? Fix it and move on.

If this gets fixed, more MiGs will be splashed. For some that's a problem, for others, not. 😉 ED please remember, the MiG-21 was (is) pretty awesome. Don't sweat the small stuff and just fix the Sabre.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

• ED Team
2 hours ago, TLTeo said:

@BIGNEWY @NineLine please report this bug again or something, it really is getting silly 😞

it is reported, I will ask the team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 4/16/2021 at 3:57 AM, Squiffy said:

If this gets fixed, more MiGs will be splashed. For some that's a problem, for others, not. 😉 ED please remember, the MiG-21 was (is) pretty awesome. Don't sweat the small stuff and just fix the Sabre.

Not really. It´s more sluggish at those speeds meaning no roll rate. Just no ridikonculous lock up.. And if you are trying to fight a sabre using roll, you are making a mistake...

• Like 1

Sabre is one of the last planes I don't yet own and I'm holding off from buying it until this bug is squashed. It's one of the primary historical characteristics of the Sabre.

• Like 1

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Now that looks interesting!! Waiting for the update to go live...

DCS 2.7.0.5118 Open Beta

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.7.0.5118/

DCS: F-86F Sabre by Belsimtek

• Aileron Control at Mach .9+ Needs looked at - Fixed

I hope they didn't just only look at it 😅 but actually fix it

.50cals are next ED

Fox

• Like 1
Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

19 hours ago, kengou said:

Sabre is one of the last planes I don't yet own and I'm holding off from buying it until this bug is squashed. It's one of the primary historical characteristics of the Sabre.

Ha! Apparently ED wants you to purchase the Sabre. Was just reading this thread yesterday, was cool to then see the fix listed in today's notes.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Monkwolf said:

Ha! Apparently ED wants you to purchase the Sabre. Was just reading this thread yesterday, was cool to then see the fix listed in today's notes.

Just saw that! I may purchase it indeed. Will wait to hear positive feedback for this change.

• Like 1

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

• ED Team

In todays patch on open beta 

DCS: F-86F Sabre by Belsimtek

Aileron Control at Mach .9+  fixed

In my tests there is no Aileron lock now, just stiffness. 

Enjoy 

• Like 6

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to Aileron behavior and effectiveness
  • 4 weeks later...