Leatherneck Q1 Development Update - Part I

Cobra847

Great news, very pleased to see the progress of the module. Congratulations to the team effort and development.

Now LN not get me wrong, the F-14 was the first aircraft to be announced after the MiG-21bis, and the project has now become secondary, leaving behind other announced and started up later. Why guys.

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news, very pleased to see the progress of the module. Congratulations to the team effort and development.

Now LN not get me wrong, the F-14 was the first aircraft to be announced after the MiG-21bis, and the project has now become secondary, leaving behind other announced and started up later. Why guys.

I think you are misunderstanding the situation. Just becouse the F-14 was announced first doesnt mean that it was ever slated to release first.

The F-14 was announced first yes.

But the AJS 37 was already in development

(and they said they were working on other aircraft already that were further along)

They Announced the F-14 because they had been hinting about it for sometime and because its such a loved aircraft so the hype would help leatherneck and their sales for other modules.

But they had always ment to release the AJS 37 (And probably F4U) before the F-14.

Indeed, when the F-14 was first announced, it was clearly stated that they planned to have 2 other modules before it. They simply haven't formally announced them yet, though they did confirm the steam leak to be correct.

Back on topic, thanks for the update. Lots of good info and nice pics. I really hope you can get your carrier into the base game as that will ensure it is compatible with multiplayer (for everyone). I don't think it will be an issue, but you never know.

Fantastic update! Another module to look forward to! Thanks LN!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Hey Leatherneck once again it's a great job.

F-14 a future great module and I'm really excited by future update for MIG 21bis.

Bye Skull

The detail levels are insane :).

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Stunning, awesome what else is there to say! The detail on the wings is absolutely astounding. Fantastic work guy's.

This is gonna be the module of the century!!!

Loved that close up shot of the side of the cockpit in flight, the detail level on the crew's heads and the ejection seats.......nice, very nice.

Looking forward to part two :thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

You didn't come up with a DCS: Rainbow Dash April fool's day announcement, so I take it being officially conformed derpyconfused.png

Keep up that good work on the Tomcat, absolutely amazing salute.png

Guess we're going to see some Viggen stuff in pt. II, ED said it's planned for the first half of this very year... which actually is hard to believe due to the hard lack of things shown yet fsgrin.png

• Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

You didn't come up with a DCS: Rainbow Dash April fool's day announcement, so I take it being officially conformed derpyconfused.png

Keep up that good work on the Tomcat, absolutely amazing salute.png

Guess we're going to see some Viggen stuff in pt. II, ED said it's planned for the first half of this very year... which actually is hard to believe due to the hard lack of things shown yet fsgrin.png

Cobra said that Pt.II would be about the F-14 aswell.

Part 2 focuses on the Tomcat and drops next week.

It could be that it mentions the Viggen but unlikely since they will most likely want to Focus when they make the big announcement and not just make it a footnote.

Sounds interesting indeed. While visuals look excellent I am somewhat concerned about the capability in avionics department. Tomcat is complex bird, quite complex. At the same time looking at all the woes and troubles making simplistic MiG-21 gunsight work as expected, I have my doubts.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Sounds interesting indeed. While visuals look excellent I am somewhat concerned about the capability in avionics department. Tomcat is complex bird, quite complex. At the same time looking at all the woes and troubles making simplistic MiG-21 gunsight work as expected, I have my doubts.

Darth-Vader-I-FIND-YOUR-LACK-OF-FAITH-DISTURBING.jpg

^Off with his head!

Fantastic update Leatherneck, so much worth the wait. Appreciate all the work fixing MiG-21bis issues now and in the future and supporting its fan base with a paintkit template!

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer