How to fire the big anti ship missile?

fighter1976

Well the Su-33 we have should be able to carry the Kh-31 (AS-17 'Krypton'). I know that later Su-27 variants (such as the SM) can carry both the Kh-31 and the Kh-35 (AS-20 'Kayak'). But I suppose they are both for different threads.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

....the big anti ship missile(can't remember it's name)?

It sounds like the missile you have in mind is the "Kh-41" - an airlaunched version of the 3M80 "Moskit" proposed for arming the Su-33 at one point. However, although the Su-33 was previously displayed with a mock-up of it at airshows, neither the weapon(airlaunched version) nor the Su-33's ability to deploy ASMs actually materialised.

It was never associated with the Su-27 though.

Well the Su-33 we have should be able to carry the Kh-31 (AS-17 'Krypton').

No the Su-33 has the same radar(basic N001) as the Su-27 and therefore no means of acquiring surface targets for radar guided ASMs.

I know that later Su-27 variants (such as the SM) can carry both the Kh-31 and the Kh-35 (AS-20 'Kayak').

Yes but the Su-27SM has an upgraded version of the N001 radar with added air-to-surface modes, while other Su-27 derrivatives(such as the Su-35) have entirely new and more sophisticated radars.

Yes, but in the game the missile exists...

Yes in earlier iterations of the sim(lomac) you could deploy it from the Su-33 though a special procedure(simulating target data obtained from an external source), to omit the fact that the Su-33 has no "ground radar" for the purpose.

However, that didn't address the realism problem with an airlaunched version of the misssile itself not being operational, so the feature was removed. The missile still exists in the game as the SSM version(deployed by the Tarantul III class missile boat).....and should really be renamed accordingly to "P-270" or alternatively "3M80".

So it can't be launched?

No not anymore - well not from aircraft anyway :)