Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

9 hours ago, Porkchopper said:

Nor do I. Comparing screenshots taken today in the current open beta, with those taken a year ago, show no difference. Same oversaturated colors.

I think the wording of the announcement is confusing. They're saying the Normandy map "is getting" a major update, but this appears in a newsletter released in concert with an update. Just not the update the blurb refers to. Hopefully something is still forthcoming. It's my least flown map due to it's bizarre color palette.

Get Barthek's texture mod for the Normandy and give it a go. It only changes summer textures so far, but these are the worst offenders in stock version anyway. Makes the map more pleasant to fly.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

13 hours ago, Art-J said:

Get Barthek's texture mod for the Normandy and give it a go. It only changes summer textures so far, but these are the worst offenders in stock version anyway. Makes the map more pleasant to fly.

wait. normandy has seasonal textures by default?

My personal wishlist after half a decade with DCS: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216873

^ Yes it does, although no snowy ones. There's spring, summer and autumn scenery. Winter mission dates share textures with autumn. These are the best ones in my opinion, as an artist who made them was not on LSD or acid and because of that they're the only ones with relatively normal colours :D. 

Spring ones are bad but acceptable if your're drunk or wear sunglasses, but summer ones are absolutely over the top with colour balance. Unplayable without Barthek's mod for me.

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Now that there has been a recent update to the Normandy map, does anyone know what Ugra plans on doing next? Are they still working on Normandy, or have they gone back to Syria/started something else?

There are still a lot of issues on the Normandy map. Follow the river from Le Harvre for example, and just about every bridge is either borked (vehicles fall through), under water, or both.