Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

To make this useful and worthwhile, I think it will be some work, and you would want track that was damageable as well... I would rather take some time and do it right :)

Agreed :)

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

To make this useful and worthwhile, I think it will be some work, and you would want track that was damageable as well... I would rather take some time and do it right :)

if you attack vehicles on roads then those vehicles will drive off the road and stop

trains can only stop before reach the damaged part of the track...same as taxiing AI aircraft on damaged runways/taxiways

i think the AI brain is smart enough already for that - recognize obstacles on the network or "see" damaged road/taxi/runway/rail networks

sign-pic4.jpg

Oh yeah, and AA on the trains as well :)

54ace50962aef68bd22a20fe1e057b3e.jpg

Holly Cow!!!

I have heard of the Quad Flak 38 on armoured trains but I never realised they used 88 as well!

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

if you attack vehicles on roads then those vehicles will drive off the road and stop

trains can only stop before reach the damaged part of the track...same as taxiing AI aircraft on damaged runways/taxiways

i think the AI brain is smart enough already for that - recognize obstacles on the network or "see" damaged road/taxi/runway/rail networks

Ahhh, but what if AI was not able to react in time, considering that the physics of the train are modeled well enough where momentum makes it derail? A train running off a bridge that's been taken out comes to mind. Would be nice to see it derail and cars tumbling everywhere. :)

train-reck-gif-sandbox-1114369.gif

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I was thinking more of this ;)

[ame]

[/ame]

Unfortunately I cannot find the actual scene from Dark Blue World, it is very impressive.

Project IX Cockpit

I'm wondering if modifying the tracks could possibly introduce other unseen issues and could affect everyone even if there were no trains in the mission. A happy medium would be the ability to destroy the train or any bridges along the way. I'm thinking the job of destroying track was mostly left up to the bombers and ground forces anyways.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

• ED Team
I'm wondering if modifying the tracks could possibly introduce other unseen issues and could affect everyone even if there were no trains in the mission. A happy medium would be the ability to destroy the train or any bridges along the way. I'm thinking the job of destroying track was mostly left up to the bombers and ground forces anyways.

Its always possible, but I cant imagine not having any trains in a mission would effect anything. But software works in weird ways...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team

As I mentioned before trains and railroads are two different features. And create destructible railroads without trains make no sence to me. So we'll start with trains. ))

Please guys don't ask me about original ideas of RRG. I wasn't here when they started their campaign. I'm in the project from this January and doing my best with all stuff that were created before or were in production when I came here. But I doing such things for almost 20 years so I'm expecting good progress for DSC WWII in future. Stay tuned!

As I mentioned before trains and railroads are two different features. And create destructible railroads without trains make no sence to me. So we'll start with trains. ))

Please guys don't ask me about original ideas of RRG. I wasn't here when they started their campaign. I'm in the project from this January and doing my best with all stuff that were created before or were in production when I came here. But I doing such things for almost 20 years so I'm expecting good progress for DSC WWII in future. Stay tuned!

Awesome, thank you for the insight into the Normandy map it is making me feel happy to see it is getting such level of attention :thumbup:

Please keep on dropping the occasional screenshot if you can they are great to see

Project IX Cockpit

Its always possible, but I cant imagine not having any trains in a mission would effect anything. But software works in weird ways...

What I meant was, if the tracks become destructible objects on the map and the potential impacts it would cause for people who don't desire trains in their missions. It may be something to consider if more objects = more processing. I'm not criticising anyone's ideas or the current plan... just thinking out loud. We all know how FPS hits can hinder the experience.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

Cool...IMO I do not see the need to simulate track damage and destruction.

Damage to the trains and the visual effects are what matters and will provide the desired results.

(BTW...I'm a fan of secondary explosions and shockwaves where appropriate)

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

There are two features actually:

- train as a object for missions;

- train as a transportation unit for warehouse-airfield supply system.

It takes time to make any of them.

- train as a transportation unit for warehouse-airfield supply system...

This could be just a triggered waypoint action item possibly?

That is wonderful to hear! :thumbup: I've purposely avoided coming to these sections as I don't want to get too excited before things are an actual reality. Would really love to see WWII stuff factored into DCS. Okay, I'm out of here before I start to shake with anticipation... ;)

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Cool...IMO I do not see the need to simulate track damage and destruction.

Damage to the trains and the visual effects are what matters and will provide the desired results.

(BTW...I'm a fan of secondary explosions and shockwaves where appropriate)

I agree.

Plus we need the map yesterday. Seems like it's going to be delayed( hope not) already.

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2

• ED Team
- train as a transportation unit for warehouse-airfield supply system...

This could be just a triggered waypoint action item possibly?

To be sure: now we have a group of warehouses and system that supplying airfields with fuel and armament. The only problem here is that system don't use real trucks and trains for supply convoys. And this I would like to change.

http://digicom.bpl.lib.me.us/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1036&context=ww_reg_his

My grandfather served in the 716th Railway Operating Battalion (B co.). The above link is an interesting read and describes some of what was done to get the railways and stations back into operation. Starts around page 50.

"DEAD-END" ROUNDHOUSE

When the SNCF laid out Matelots roundhouse, they did a good job. And when the American Air Force "laid out" Matelots roundhouse, they too did a "good job". Both the roundhouse itself and the surrounding installations had been subjected to severe bombing action ... in the French vernacular so recently acquired from the Germans, they were "kaput".

• 3 weeks later...