Operation "Case Blue" - Round 1

gregzagk

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to this. I've never been very big on WWII planes in DCS mostly because I didn't have anything to do with them, now that's no longer the case!

I especially like the TF-51 recon concept. Great idea to bring non-combat roles to a WWII environment and simulate the reconnaissance roles that the P-51 sometimes had.

Hey ... i guess the server just crashed :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

btw ... the flakscript does work :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

;2728754']btw ... the flakscript does work :music_whistling:

.... YUP. The first burst as I attacked the Sukhumi oil derricks today scared to crap out of me. Pretty tight grouping and they cover a heckuva large area. BOOOOM.

That said - I knocked out one of the derricks with my SC50s... how does a particular side view damage states of potential targets? F10 only shows our assets, and the web map only seems to show the absolute ownership - not any damage state.

i.e. if I was going to fly from nalchik tonight to hit those derricks again, how would I know if #2 was down/damaged in order to prevent my wasting a trip?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

also... can the TF51 capture intel on more than one target per sortie? can it carry multiple intel flags and deliver them / spawn multiple bomber flights if successful?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Hi there

I'm having problems selecting a plane on the server (keeps me as a spectator).

I have registered on the website (and was approved),

I've downloaded and placed the autoexec.cfg,

My ping is 130,

and I have no problem in other servers.

:helpsmilie: :cry:

Thank you

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

• ED Translators
Hi there

My ping is 130,

Thank you

Always look at the chat messages. (TAB)

AKA LazzySeal

;2728754']btw ... the flakscript does work :music_whistling:

The Flack in DCS can be a bit much for WWII aircraft, that looked like it was radar guided flack (the bursts were really close).

Glad to see it working!

The script is based off of Sithspawn & Stonehouse's original script (thanks guys!) but heavily modified to make it performant enough and work for Blue Flag. It simulates a Flak site with 10 guns, as well as time of flight for the shell, reload times for each gun and gunner skill.

Make sure when you get near an enemy site you start to change altitude and direction or the first flak burst will actually be 10 flak guns who've had ample time to lineup their first shot on your nice level flight.

Pretty happy with it at the minute as hits are quite rare (as they were back then as well) but terrifying when they do! :)

Another tip, there is a limit to the declination all the guns can go to...

Feedback on all aspects is appreciated though.

how does a particular side view damage states of potential targets? F10 only shows our assets, and the web map only seems to show the absolute ownership - not any damage state.

i.e. if I was going to fly from nalchik tonight to hit those derricks again, how would I know if #2 was down/damaged in order to prevent my wasting a trip?

There was a bug yesterday that was fixed last night where zones damage states weren't properly shown. They should be now.

You'll get damage state on PAK INFO and on the website (indicated by the green bar)

also... can the TF51 capture intel on more than one target per sortie? can it carry multiple intel flags and deliver them / spawn multiple bomber flights if successful?

Currently no, by design. If you overfly another zone and capture more intel, it'll replace your old intel with the new.

Again feedback on this is appreciated. :)

Hi there

My ping is 130,

Thank you

Read the chat and type red or blue

Think long and hard as you can't switch again without asking an admin

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

After doing some ground pounding on Axis side with a buddy I have the following feedback:

1. 10 flak guns seems a bit excessive. Most flights will probably be 2-4 aircraft and I suspect this will be rough on most players. Large flights would have a much easier time managing, but I suspect those sizes will be exceedingly rare.

2. Once we destroyed the targets at Bzyb we got a message saying a transport was taking off from Sochi. We flew towards the airfield but didn't see the troop transport on the way, or at the airfield itself. Does it actually spawn at the airfield and take off or is it already in the air?

We should be able to know the details of the friendly transport aircraft, such as flight altitude and speed. Maybe I missed that in the SOP?

3. Axis AI aircraft are getting stuck on the runway and taxiway at Gudauta.

4. A specific AI BORT number would be nice, so we could easily identify whether aircraft are AI or player. I'd request specific BORTs for each player aircraft too, but I understand this would be time consuming for you guys to implement.

Edited by Terrificfool
Adding information

I would suggest changing from the addtgt style flak to the vecflak style unless it is a critical target for the side. Vecflak even with 10 guns will be more forgiving as it will not focus all ten guns on the one target unless you are very unlucky or on your own. Of course I am assuming you are using the addtgt style flak - that's what the youtube clip seemed to be.

Edited by Stonehouse

After doing some ground pounding on Axis side with a buddy I have the following feedback:

1. 10 flak guns seems a bit excessive. Most flights will probably be 2-4 aircraft and I suspect this will be rough on most players. Large flights would have a much easier time managing, but I suspect those sizes will be exceedingly rare.

I would suggest changing from the addtgt style flak to the vecflak style unless it is a critical target for the side. Vecflak even with 10 guns will be more forgiving as it will not focus all ten guns on the one target unless you are very unlucky or on your own. Of course I am assuming you are using the addtgt style flak - that's what the youtube clip seemed to be.

Thanks for the feedback! Yes Ciribob is working on tweaking the Flak script so it shoulb improve in the following sessions.

2. Once we destroyed the targets at Bzyb we got a message saying a transport was taking off from Sochi. We flew towards the airfield but didn't see the troop transport on the way, or at the airfield itself. Does it actually spawn at the airfield and take off or is it already in the air?

We should be able to know the details of the friendly transport aircraft, such as flight altitude and speed. Maybe I missed that in the SOP?

3. Axis AI aircraft are getting stuck on the runway and taxiway at Gudauta.

4. A specific AI BORT number would be nice, so we could easily identify whether aircraft are AI or player. I'd request specific BORTs for each player aircraft too, but I understand this would be time consuming for you guys to implement.

Yes the Transport aircraft are spawning in the air to avoid taxing issues. The info about speed and altitude should be in the SOP asap. It misses still important info as there are some things not finalised yet.

Very nice idea about the Bort number. Will do it asap and will check the Gudauta issue.

Thanks again!

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

I would like to sign up for this :)

Had a quick go on the testing server last night and went for RED team, but if possible I'd like to be flipped to BLUE?

Didn't test for long but is seemed ok, very heavy flak as discussed, FPS was a little wobbly here and there but maybe not entirely the svrs fault.

Cool though :)

Thanks

Oh lord - So after two flyouts not knowing anything about prop handling to my big surprise I have not only to manage the engine.. But as well turn on the radio in order to be useful - While looking at flip switches and wondering who the uff forgot to remove their alarmclock that are constantly ringing my plane start accelerating downwards and I only realise it when I hear the sound of flaps coming of my module.. I like this prop-life!! I hope to catch someone on TS that can show me some basics.. might just end up buying a Armed-Mustang for this event!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i could help you with it but ... oh ... just realized, you want to fly mustang ...

i can still help you ... testing the fabulous damagemodel of the Pifty1 in all its facettes :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Part of the dogfight over guduata last night:

Flak has been tweaked to fix the fps loss some of you reported.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Part of the dogfight over guduata last night:

Flak has been tweaked to fix the fps loss some of you reported.

That was an awesome furball :) ill be on the server again to shortly....hopefully Ill be a bit better at getting my bird off the ground this time