Operation "Case Blue" - Round 1

gregzagk

Landed near our City Pyatigorsk to deliver intel, but message said I'm not close enough. Then I ejected and message was that enemy forces captured me.

[ATTACH]138227[/ATTACH]

Also check for the TV towers structures or the oil Derricks to define your distance from the zone center.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I encountered a bug today in OP Case Blue. After I connected to the server I wanted to spawn at Gudauta which belonged to our red forces at that time (today around 1742Z), but I exploded immediately on spawning. I tried different slots, all with the same result. There were other players operating from Gudauta without problems, but I think I saw at least one other player with the same problem. I then tried to spawn at Maykop which worked just fine.

Edit: Same problem at Sochi.

Edit2: After reconnecting to the server I could spawn at Sochi (different slot though). Haven't tried other slots at Sochi or Gudauta.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

BREAKING NEWS :

GERMAN BREAK-THRU IN THE WEST FRONT

German are walking..eerrr flying on the coast line !

http://www.twomoreweeks.net/index.php/breaking-german-forces-pushes-the-west-front/

:smartass:

That's awesome :)

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

• ED Translators

Xcom, Greg.

RED forces took gudauta but there is an issue there, red forces can't spawn FW-190. It's spawning in hangar and instantly explodes. BF-109 on the other hand can spawn in hangar alright...

AKA LazzySeal

• ED Translators
One Dora barracks bombing...

Shitty track replay with mouse headtracking but you'll get the general flak infestation feeling...

:joystick:

That was tight :wacko:

AKA LazzySeal

Hello,

when Operation ends,will be here any kind of stats?

Like pilot name - No. flights - hours .. etc

thanks

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

I encountered a bug today in OP Case Blue. After I connected to the server I wanted to spawn at Gudauta which belonged to our red forces at that time (today around 1742Z), but I exploded immediately on spawning. I tried different slots, all with the same result. There were other players operating from Gudauta without problems, but I think I saw at least one other player with the same problem. I then tried to spawn at Maykop which worked just fine.

Edit: Same problem at Sochi.

Edit2: After reconnecting to the server I could spawn at Sochi (different slot though). Haven't tried other slots at Sochi or Gudauta.

Xcom, Greg.

RED forces took gudauta but there is an issue there, red forces can't spawn FW-190. It's spawning in hangar and instantly explodes. BF-109 on the other hand can spawn in hangar alright...

Thanks, checking this out. There was also a problem in Nalchi in which BF-109's don't have throttle for some reason :doh:

Hello,

when Operation ends,will be here any kind of stats?

Like pilot name - No. flights - hours .. etc

thanks

Not available for this round but planning to have them back in the next. Will have statistics for total pilot numbers etc again though.

Greg

The server is not showing up in the list. I have been trying for a while and I know there are players active.

It's up again. Had a network issue in the server area. Thanks for the notice.

Greg

It's a bug with transports/bombers. If one transport/bomber is on the way to target and then someone order next transport/bomber, then the first one will be destroyed. And it seems that transport/bomber of one side affects to transport/bomber on opposite side.

I can see that one transport was removed by the transport manager after being damaged tonight as it stopped heading for the drop-zone and instead RTB'd, but otherwise I've not seen any issues. Captures seem to work well over the weekend as well as bombing.

Would you mind giving some more detail of exactly what you saw so I can investigate?

Thanks! :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hey guys I am having a weird issue. :D Red side FW-190 slots explode and despawn me but BF-109 and TF-51 slots on the same airfield are fine. Anyone experience something similar? Could there have been an issue when I picked the side?

Hey guys I am having a weird issue. :D Red side FW-190 slots explode and despawn me but BF-109 and TF-51 slots on the same airfield are fine. Anyone experience something similar? Could there have been an issue when I picked the side?

You're not the only one. Check the previous page ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I can see that one transport was removed by the transport manager after being damaged tonight as it stopped heading for the drop-zone and instead RTB'd, but otherwise I've not seen any issues. Captures seem to work well over the weekend as well as bombing.

Would you mind giving some more detail of exactly what you saw so I can investigate?

I was thinking about this while playing tonight, since I had seen a bomber magically vanish in midflight once before, but had no idea what happened or how to go about reporting the issue.

Just a few minutes ago, I was flying Blue and one other player was flying Red. Only two people on the server. I took off from Gudauta and attacked Bzyb. The Red player ran a reconnaissance mission over Gudauta. I saw the server message that an enemy bomber was inbound from Sochi-Adler to Gudauta. Very shortly after seeing that message, I destroyed the last ground vehicle at Bzyb. The server message reported Bzyb was closed. All perfectly normal and working as expected so far, right?

The next server message reported a friendly transport moving to Bzyb. Almost at the same time, the next message popped up and reported the enemy bomber destroyed. I never spotted the bomber, let alone shot at the thing. I have no reason to believe the Red player shot it. Nobody else was on the server.

So yes, I believe there is a bug at work here. It's certainly possible that captures could still happen with this bug. You just need an AI bomber or transport to complete its trip before some player triggers another event.

I hope this report can be helpful somehow. Still enjoying the server.

Two things that came to my mind regarding Op Case Blue:

- Are there different mission times like in BlueFlag? Of course, night missions don't make sense here, but what about dawn/dusk times at mission start/end? It would be nice to have some variety here.

- How about setting the F-10 map to not show anything, not even the own aircraft? The way it is right now it just serves as a GPS system that tells you your exact position in realtime which is by far out of era here. In a WW2 mission like this navigation should be done by map and compass IMHO, like it has been IRL. It is an important aspect of aviation and not having to care about it takes away much of the fun for me.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Different times of day will be available in the next round.

There is also the kneeboard map that can show you your current position so removing the f10 map won't be so efficient I think.

Greg

Good to hear that I can make some use of the cockpit illum in the future :thumbup:

I totally forgot about weather, so thanks @White Owl for bringing that up. Different (maybe even dynamic?) weather would indeed be a great addition! Clouds might be a problem though, because AFAIK they aren't synched in MP.

You're right about the kneeboard. I haven't thought about that feature, because I never use it. But it would still be an improvement, because it would allow people like me to use the F-10 map for proper navigation without getting spoiled by the aircraft-symbol.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

Link to the tacview track with bugs.

What's happen.

On mission start BLUE Tu-95 are flying some where near Gudauta. On timeline 00:05:25 RED Tu-95 spawning over Sochi and BLUE Tu-95 dissapear. This red Tu-95 had complite sortie.

Next. I'll will give a list of aircrafts that spawn with disapearing of previous aircraft.

BLUE Tu-95 Gudauta 00:36:56

BLUE Tu-95 Tbilisi 00:40:28

BLUE Tu-95 Sukhumi 00:49:42

BLUE Tu-95 Tbilisi 00:53:40

BLUE Tu-95 Sukhumi 01:00:00

BLUE An-26 Tbilisi 01:02:11

BLUE An-26 Sukhumi 01:10:10

BLUE An-26 Tbilisi 01:18:11

BLUE Tu-95 Tbilisi 01:18:53

BLUE An-26 Sukhumi 01:26:11

BLUE An-26 Tbilisi 01:27:10

BLUE An-26 Sukhumi 01:35:10 - This aircraft has complited full sortie and dropped troops.

Next queue of spawned aircrafts.

RED Tu-95 Sochi 02:25:36 - my favorite. it lived 4 seconds only because next aircraft spawned so soon

BLUE An-26 Tbilisi 02:25:40

RED Tu-95 Sochi 02:44:08

RED Tu-95 Sochi 02:48:17 - i don't know what happened with this aircraft because i leave the server so track is end.

All events was with trigger messages.

Иногда лучше сказать: «Я не знаю», чем пытаться что-то донести до дурака.

Link to the tacview track with bugs.

What's happen.

On mission start BLUE Tu-95 are flying some where near Gudauta. On timeline 00:05:25 RED Tu-95 spawning over Sochi and BLUE Tu-95 dissapear. This red Tu-95 had complite sortie.

Next. I'll will give a list of aircrafts that spawn with disapearing of previous aircraft.

BLUE Tu-95 Gudauta 00:36:56

BLUE Tu-95 Tbilisi 00:40:28

BLUE Tu-95 Sukhumi 00:49:42

BLUE Tu-95 Tbilisi 00:53:40

BLUE Tu-95 Sukhumi 01:00:00

BLUE An-26 Tbilisi 01:02:11

BLUE An-26 Sukhumi 01:10:10

BLUE An-26 Tbilisi 01:18:11

BLUE Tu-95 Tbilisi 01:18:53

BLUE An-26 Sukhumi 01:26:11

BLUE An-26 Tbilisi 01:27:10

BLUE An-26 Sukhumi 01:35:10 - This aircraft has complited full sortie and dropped troops.

Next queue of spawned aircrafts.

RED Tu-95 Sochi 02:25:36 - my favorite. it lived 4 seconds only because next aircraft spawned so soon

BLUE An-26 Tbilisi 02:25:40

RED Tu-95 Sochi 02:44:08

RED Tu-95 Sochi 02:48:17 - i don't know what happened with this aircraft because i leave the server so track is end.

All events was with trigger messages.

Thanks thats very helpful! I'll hopefully have some time to find it tonight.

• Like 1

Full cloud coverage works ;) also it seems dynamic clouds works. At least in the only mission i tested, i had same clouds.

Different time would be nice. Wind and rain as well. For some reason, our guys are way better at take off with wind, as we always trained with crosswind =)