Operation "Case Blue" - Round 1

gregzagk

OPERATION%20CASE%20BLUE%20HEADER_zpsftmtgfgp.png

POWERED BY "BUDDY SPIKE"

www.buddyspike.net

caseblue-logo-trans-for-light-bg1_zpsjoi3ioxh.png

WW2 24/7 Online Dynamic PvP Campaign for DCS World 1.5

Operation:CASE BLUE is a WWII version of "Blue Flag", based on a historic campaign.

Case Blue (German: Fall Blau), later renamed Operation Braunschweig, was the German Armed Forces name for its plan for the 1942

strategic summer offensive in southern Russia between 28 June and 24 November 1942.

Created by:

Xcom , Greg, Crash, Ciribob

SERVER NAME : 373vFS DCS SERVER

SERVER STATUS : ONLINE FOR TESTING

ROUND 1

OFFICIAL START : FRIDAY, 8TH OF APRIL - 18:00 ZULU TIME

OFFICIAL END :FRIDAY, 17TH OF APRIL - 21:00 ZULU TIME

www.buddyspike.net (need to create an enjin account and press "join website")

to access planning rooms and information about buddyspike's events. After registering to the

site you can select which side to fly with (submit Allies or Axis application here: http://www.buddyspike.net/caseblue )

Round 1 will be on the stable version of DCS World. It will run for 6 days if no other victory conditions occur first.

REAL TIME WEB BASED MAP : http://opblueflag-buddyspike.rhcloud.com/

Check the Campaign's status on a real time basis.

SOP - INFO :

We highly recommend you to place the autoexec.cfg file to your saved games/dcs/config folder for better connection in the server (less lag) as 104th & TAW proposed.

Link: http://www.foinikas.org/ftp/public/DCS_World/Briefings/Buddy%20Spike/autoexec.rar

autoexec.cfg file should include one of the following:

For 8Mbit down and 2Mbit up:

if not net then net = {} end
net.download_speed = 1024*1024
net.upload_speed = 256*1024

or

For 2Mbit down and 1Mbit up:

if not net then net = {} end
net.download_speed = 256*1024
net.upload_speed =  128*1024

"BUDDY SPIKE" WEBSITE: www.buddyspike.net

Teamspeak IP: 89.163.173.82:1337

No password needed

ALLIES HQ FORUM : http://www.buddyspike.net/forum/m/32856486/viewforum/6989574

AXIS HQ FORUM : http://www.buddyspike.net/forum/m/32856486/viewforum/6989579

REGISTRATIONS ARE OPEN DURING THE CAMPAIGN

FEEL FREE TO REGISTER YOUR SQUADRON OR AS A LONEWOLF HERE : www.buddyspike.net

Squadrons & Lonewolves Registered for Operation "Case Blue Flag" ROUND 1

LINK: http://www.buddyspike.net/casebluereg

PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD IN CASE THE SERVER CRASHES - OR REPORTED DOWN. Thanks in advance

CASE%20BLUE%20AIRCRAFT1_zpssszwsrun.jpg

Edited by gregzagk

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we make it 7 days instead of 6 ? It they a specific reason for 6 days ?

Some people have only one fixed day per week to play. Depending on which day the transition falls, you may prevent a few people from playing it. I also suggest to start the event on Monday and end it on Sunday, so the server start (usually crowded) happen in working day, and we have a massive final battle for the last day on Sunday.

Either way, thank you for the fantastic job !

• ED Translators
Already training and looking forward to participate! NOBs (LOL) will show their irresistible charm once again... :D

Make sure to lubricate the server very very good for this one!

See ya up there!

which side you will be on?

AKA LazzySeal

For the Germans what bomber will be used to simulate bombing runs? I see only the bear for the russians

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Cool beans - DoW will field some folks for sure...

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Looks great so far :thumbup:

Just one thing: How about setting the F-10 map to "map only"? Having a GPS-like own position marker on the map doesn't really fit to a WW2 setting and takes away all the fun of proper landnav. :(

To the blueflag admin, Went on as the TF-51 to gets intel comms menu works on the ground and as you take off you cant enter comms menu, Do you need to be over the target area to get the comms menu up?

Have you used the correct comms button? I don't know how it is with the TF/P-51, but on some planes there is a special comms/mic/PPT button that actually makes use of the aircrafts radio instead of just beeing a "cheat" which the standard ' key (the one to the left of the return key) is. In the A-10C you even have three different comm keys depending on which radio you want to use. So maybe it's the same with the TF/P-51?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Can we make it 7 days instead of 6 ? It they a specific reason for 6 days ?

Yes will check how it goes and we may change this ;)

For the Germans what bomber will be used to simulate bombing runs? I see only the bear for the russians

It will be the same type for both sides but with different skin. The pdf is still WIP missing some pictures. Tonight we changed the Tu-95 to AN-30 as the Tu-95 was not reducing speed.

The Tu-95 was initially selected as it has rear gunners.

To the blueflag admin, Went on as the TF-51 to gets intel comms menu works on the ground and as you take off you cant enter comms menu, Do you need to be over the target area to get the comms menu up?

As QuiGon said, I think it's related to your keys. Like when you are in the KA-50 in which you have to press another combination once you are airborne (Alt + \ ).

Greg

This is awesome already. is it design though that the two TF's on each side have the same skin or are there no skins for it?

4 lives might be a tad hard though....the life system is for reducing the throwaway chance of your plane, here everyone is pretty careful just taking off. Thus only useful for stopping the ditch and pickup scenario.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Pikey, as far as i know, the life system trigger on take off. If you die while trying to take off, it shouldn't remove a life, except if you like "crash land 100m after runway".

depends if you actually take off, basically how it works is if you leave the ground and trigger a takeoff event with DCS, we catch that and take down a life.

About the lives, this is still in testing, as we need to balance it better for WWII style.

I think generally because engine failure and getting shot by AAA is much more likely, the lives are harder to preserve.

As of now, the lives limit is on 7.

is it design though that the two TF's on each side have the same skin or are there no skins for it?

The Red side (Axis) use the "Bare Metal" skin. The Blue side (Allies) use the "Gunfighter" skin.

The SOP pdf file should be finalised the next days as for now it has some old pictures and some missing (skins).

Also a highly priority for us now is to tweak some ground units position as many of them are not well placed through the map. (trees, blocked by buildings etc).

Greg

Another point about lives worth highlighting. If you manage to limp to a friendly oil derrick or city and crash land within 2km of the center, then eject once you're on the ground, you'll be rescued by friendly forces and get your life back.

This won't work on airfields but as Xcom said that's OK as you should get your life back anyway when DCS thinks you've landed.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Re the airfields, it was a little bit of a shame and confusing there as I ejected over my home airfield and it informaed me I was captured. Perhaps that coudl be reconsidered?

Another point about lives worth highlighting. If you manage to limp to a friendly oil derrick or city and crash land within 2km of the center, then eject once you're on the ground, you'll be rescued by friendly forces and get your life back.

This won't work on airfields but as Xcom said that's OK as you should get your life back anyway when DCS thinks you've landed.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Yes will check how it goes and we may change this ;)

It will be the same type for both sides but with different skin. The pdf is still WIP missing some pictures. Tonight we changed the Tu-95 to AN-30 as the Tu-95 was not reducing speed.

The Tu-95 was initially selected as it has rear gunners.

As QuiGon said, I think it's related to your keys. Like when you are in the KA-50 in which you have to press another combination once you are airborne (Alt + \ ).

Greg

Yea it is sorry for been noob had a great fly yesterday thank you for this :thumbup:

Re the airfields, it was a little bit of a shame and confusing there as I ejected over my home airfield and it informaed me I was captured. Perhaps that coudl be reconsidered?

No worries it on the list :) I was just scrambling to get everything done.

The message will be changed to not appear if you eject at a friendly airfield and some other tweaks

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord