Medevac Campaign

Im glad I led you to a clue. I have the saved track... if you're interested?

one complaint is the going back a mission. I could see if you stuffed like maybe 3 different simple posssibilities of missions. Like very generic CSAR or Medevac missions perhaps even gunship missions that you cookie cuttered out of the quick mission builder. And if anything you go back to one of those. But to Land at the first supply drop in the mission after the door gunner incident, and screw up my landing and offload the supplies but lose my rotor... I had to quit. So in my opinion yes I f*k up but one objective was done and the helo wasnt totalled, just part of the rotor was heavily damaged. Nevertheless going back to a specific LONG medevac mission I already did ? major turnoff. I love to campaign and I know Ill end up doing it. But my god the flight back from the medevac after the Laager is 50 miles. Thats not short in a Huey.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:O How on earth haven't I spotted this campaign before, I've been dreaming of flying these type of missions ever since the Huey landed.

Thankyou very very much for doing this.

Cowboy10uk

Edited by Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Ive just completed the first mission (1hour 10minutes of flying). And I have noticed two things. The trigger which ends the mission is already activated when hovering 20 feet above the farp. Maybe you can adjust them a bit? And there was a second medevac huey standing next to the farp. Is this intended?

And in the briefing there is a little detail missing. Where to land exactly. It just says fly to mineral vody, not to land at dublin farp next to it.

But the radio audio addition is nice.:thumbup:

Can someone post where to find the latest updated version as I could not find this campaign in the user files. Step by step how to install for a newbie would also be greatly appreciated.

You can always find the download link in post #5 of this thread (threads got merged, that's why it's not the first post).

I won't post the download link here because it might change in the future and then I'd have to keep updating this post, too, or someone might accidentally download an older version.

Create a new folder:

C:\Users\{Your Username}\Saved Games\DCS\Missions\Campaigns\en\DustOff

And unzip the files from the download archive into it.

After that, the "Campaign" main menu item in DCS should show the DustOff campaign under "My Campaigns". :thumbup:

I've done the first mission, well almost I crashed like 1 or 2 miles from the FARP while trying to change frequencies to request landing. So far it was nice but I could not figure out how to listen to the music on 135.4, I'd be grateful if someone could quickly explain me how to use the radio because even though I follow the operation in the Huey manual I can't seem to make it work.

Thank you

I'd be grateful if someone could quickly explain me how to use the radio because even though I follow the operation in the Huey manual I can't seem to make it work.

Take a look at this (the AN/ARC-134 VHF Radio Set):

Screen_160510_01.jpg

First, right click on the knob labeled "OFF" and "PWR" in order to set it to the PWR position ("Power" aka "On", obviously ;)).

Next, rotate your mousewheel over the knob labeled "PWR" and over the knob labeled "VOL" until the frequency, including the decimals, has been tuned.

That should be all you need in order to receive the music in mission 1. :thumbup:

(I'm omitting battery and inverter requirements here.)

In order to transmit on the VHF radio, you need to set the Transmit Interphone Selector switch on the C-1611/AIC Signal Distribution Panel to the "3" position.

So, to sum things up: switch radio to on and tune frequency in order to listen to the music. Tune frequency AND set Transmit Selector switch to position 3 in order to also transmit on this radio, for example when requesting landing clearance from a FARP or an airport.

Hope this helps. :thumbup:

Thank you Yurgon for the help.

Sadly it didn't work I still have no music, but when I flew the mission I managed to call Berlin ATC so I suspect it might have something to do with the mission itself, I don't have any knowledge about mission creation but maybe nothing is being broadcasted on 135.4. If I had a clue what to look for I would try to check in the mission editor but I don't think I'd find anything because of my very limited knowledge.

Edited by allarda
Typo

Sadly it didn't work I still have no music, but when I flew the mission I managed to call Berlin ATC so I suspect it might have something to do with the mission itself, [...]

I just checked the intro-mission in its latest 5.1 release and couldn't get the music to play, either (only took off and flew until I got the message about not hitting the comms tower). Wavehopper, could you check if it works for you? I haven't flown the Huey a lot since the Gazelle came out, but I don't think I forgot how to tune the radio. ;)

I just flew it in 1.5.3.52478 (Release version)

Hey guys. Just a quick message to let you know it's progressing nicely.

Regarding the music, the latest version didn't have it as I wanted to spend some time working on it to make it sound more realistic (sounds great now).

I originally included it as a sorry to Yurgon for putting him through a hellish early mission (which got removed thanks to his feedback).

Thanks for the kind words, and a big thank you to Yurgon for answering the questions in my absence.

I'd very much like Vietnam era music. I think it's great for the immersion. As far as thing's I've noticed...so far it's just one; There needs to be some kind of notification at the end of each mission to let you know you can end the mission and move on. I'm only a few missions in but there's nothing to let you know it's ok to close it out and move on. I've sat for a while just waiting and wondering. Nothing to terrible, but an observation none the less.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Just finished campaign. Had a blast! I really like how there are no "fireworks" and cheesy plot twists. Just straight forward workhorse everyday flying. Reminds me good time I had flying old Search and Rescue: Vietnam MedEvac. I just noticed you plan to do more missions, I can't wait man!

Thanks once again!

[sIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/21oydlx.jpg[/sIGPIC]

ヒューイ最高!o(≧∇≦o)

I've also noticed that the aircraft commander is talking throughout the campaign, giving help. The problem is that the player is sitting in the aircraft commander's seat, for a helicopter. Again, not a big deal, but its noticeable to anyone familiar with the military and/or helicopter operations. It should probably be the copilot.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Fly from the other seat then.

He asked for constructive criticism and that's what I'm giving. Your advice isn't really a fix, it's a work around from the users end...

Sorry for the terse reply sniper, I had a very stressful weekend (everything seems to happen at once). I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

I'll replace the Apache's (there are a couple of times Apache's appear) with Cobra's to make them more era specific, and look at editing text. Actually I have a lot of work to do regarding the text part so that should keep me busy for a while.

Edited by Wavehopper

Pilot can fly left seat if he wants to. Robert Mason did that sometimes because you have a better visibility from left seat. I never considered it to be a problem, I remember first mission in official campaign also had you flying on the right seat while getting commands from left seated commander. Never seen anyone complain about that before.

It is a matter of getting directions and commands while being a pilot. I'd say if there is more people complaining, then maybe Wavehopper could change text lines to make them sound like it was copilot helping out, not someone in command. I personally never thought there is a problem TBH ;)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/21oydlx.jpg[/sIGPIC]

ヒューイ最高!o(≧∇≦o)

During Vietnam the ship commander was usually in the left seat, not all the time though. Its commanders choice whether to fly pilot or copilot.

Its good practice to learn to fly the huey from both sides. On more than one occasion doing one of these missions I was killed and had to switch to the copilot position to finish the mission.