Buccaneer by the BANA Project

Unlike Phoenix Squadron the book Vulcan 607 does have plenty of detail relating to the actual mission, plus its run up and planning etc. I was also disappointed with Phoenix Squadron, but highly enjoyed Vulcan 607.

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

• 2 weeks later...

Would love the Buccaneer for DCS. I have been a fan of her since is was tiny. I have a joystick given to me by a pilot after they last flew at Lossiemouth in the 90's. Was a sad day to see them fly so wonderfully and the land one after the other park up and fold their wing for the last time. They single handily saved the Tornado in the gulf war with her amazing ability to skim the dunes at 10 feet and designate targets for them. A very impressive aircraft most forgot. This would be a dream aircraft for me. Keep up the great work.

Edited by Jateu

Still working away here! The flight model is under constant development, we are tweaking and adapting it for the most 'realistic' feel we can (within the current confines of the SFM). It already feels pretty good, but there is still some way to go before we are happy to let you guys have fun with it. Work continues also on 3D model tweaks and advancements, animation tweaking etc.

Of course, we do this only around (usually very busy!) real working lives so some weeks mean more progress than others. But we are steady ;)

Of course, we can always do with more hands to make light work! Coders, modellers, texture guys - feel free to drop me a PM if you can make any contributions.

Hopefully, we'll get a video or at the very least some in depth screenshots soon. Two weeks, be sure ;)

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The only replacement for a Buccaneer is a Buccaneer".

It looks AWESOME Starway!!! I can't wait to fly it off a carrier and ARF with it as well.

One slightly off topic question for you Starway; Is it possible that you will ever get back to the AD Skyraider project that you were working on a while ago?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are pleased to share some progress news with you. Please be Iaware this is still wip.

Best,

Starway

Just to know, why this Buccaneer is using a Flanker HUD? And a Mirage sound? Is this just a base to until you guys create the original HUD and Sound?

Note: I can't wait to fly this jet!:pilotfly::thumbup:

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just to know, why this Buccaneer is using a Flanker HUD? And a Mirage sound? Is this just a base to until you guys create the original HUD and Sound?

Note: I can't wait to fly this jet!:pilotfly::thumbup:

Looks great.. Any olans to do some clickable switches

Right now we are using existing FC3 avionics. Unfortunately our coding skills are rather limited. We are still looking for team members to help us here. But if we won't be successful on this, we might release a version with SFM and Su-25T avionics.

Best,

SW

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

It had a Strike Sight - a very simple type of HUD. In case of radar guided attacks, the Blue Parrot radar provided heading information to a Targeting Circle. There was an Aiming Mark aligned with the aircraft nose, and indicators for roll angle and a simple TAS indicator below the Aiming Mark. In Depressed Sightline attacks, the Aiming Mark could be depressed for dive attacks, or in Laydown mode it was used to designate the aim point for the Control and Release Computer to calculate the release point.

When we get to the point of advanced system modelling we will hopefully produce an accurate interpretation of the Strike Sight, but until then, to provide usable weapons functionality we've got to use the Su-25T avionics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The only replacement for a Buccaneer is a Buccaneer".