P-51D in DCS 2.0.1 Nevada Problem

chuckgrimes

Hello

SEE ATTACHED (Screen Shots) and I hope they Upload with this Post.

Since I purchased DCS 2 Nevada NTTR on 12/12/15 I've been trying to land the P-51D and

the Free Defaulf TF-51D with NO success.

The problem is when I try to maintain a straight runway center Line Approach to McCarran Int'l

the closer I get, the more the RUNWAY MAP Moves to the right. By the time I get Over the Runway numbers the end of the runway has move to the right. It's hard to explain whats

happening and I hope the Screen Shots will help show the problem.

Chuck

1430162396_NEVADAAPPROACH.thumb.jpg.c49b307270e889d38b1c96566c783931.jpg

1628962243_OVERTHENUMBERS.thumb.jpg.b1b5c82eaedb7c97cf54efe57740dbb0.jpg

in DCS 2.0 NTTR there is only Instant Action

Mission editor also works - it would be a way to experiment with various settings to see exactly when this occurs.

I've flown the TF-51D out of Mccarran, from the mission editor, and I did not notice then phenomenon you're describing.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I didn't notice it, in that one case.

• ED Team

Simple air start, aligned to the runway.

place it in your C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Missions folder and then you will see it in the mission category on the right ingame

P-51D or TF-51D

after you have finished landing save the track file at the debrief screen and then attach it to a post here, it is the easiest way to see what you are experiencing

The tracks are a little temperamental, but we may get lucky as this is such a simple scenario

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Just woken up, and drinking my first coffee, I will take a look :)

edit:

The track file does not play back correctly, this happens sometimes, ED is aware of the issue.

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Navigate to C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha

a guide can be found in my signature " How to attach stuff to posts "

• ED Team

thanks, sadly the logs do not show anything I can see that would produce this behaviour.

could you attach your autoupdate_log.txt just to make sure there is nothing unusual in it.

It can be found in your alpha install location

e.g C:\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha

• ED Team

Thanks, nothing unusual in the log as far as I can see.

I have not been able to reproduce the symptoms you are seeing in the P-51, and with the track file not working it is difficult to diagnose.

The only thing I can suggest is checking you have no axis conflicts, also check special options for the p-51, and your desired auto rudder setting

BIGNEWEY + Chuck,

I was able to play the track and take control and land successfully.

I did this without the "Sync controls with HOTAS" enabled, my normal setting has this disabled.

Chuck, until you supply a control input such as throttle, gear down, etc., the plane will just drift to the right (due to torque I guess) and nose into the ground.

You need to provide some kind of control input before you "lose" the plane. Again, with no control input, the plane would "appear" to drift to the right of the line to the runway.

Are you sure you have the control axis set correctly? Can you control the plane at all (throttle, pitch, roll, etc?)

I don't know what to tell you other than check your control settings, particularly the axis settings, and let us know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

I have control of all 3 Axis ,Yaw,Pitch and roll on approach and I always make it to the runway.

On the approach the torrian moves to the right and I checked in the Mission editor ,there's

No wind set. Is there any where else in the mission were some wind might be set in ?

I have all CH PRODUCTS ,Throttle,Yoke, petals , and have the controls mapped.The P-51D

and TF-51 in DCS 2 NTTR are the only two with this problem.