Problems Qualifying - Game Bugs - Report them Here!

What do you mean that everything looks different?

The campaign will automatically progress after each successful mission. The first mission with the player in the cockpit is called Ground Handling and it tests your ability to start, taxi and shutdown the aircraft.

There are practice missions for each qualification mission and you access them through the mission editor.

There was a game engine update this week so the graphics may look different as the devs continue to update and refine the textures.

The module manager should install the latest copy of the campaign so if you are up to date on patches then you have the latest copy.

Please post more about the differences you see and we can help sort it out.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

there is an issue with the first (taxi) mission on current Open Beta 2.5.6.

- examiner confirms my startup procedure

- we taxi around, get total 2 confirmations on looking good (first by the flags, second on exiting the runway towards the parking area)

- the jeep continues about halfway through the parking area, turns slightly left and continues past the parked civilian plane and the building through the fence elsewhere

- I am sitting there next to the civilian plane (can't follow due to the fence) and nothing happens...

Reproduced 2 times - yesterday and today.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having a problem in mission 2 (take off and EFATO), after start up and taxi towards the runaway. When halting short of the runaway for the final check and take off clearance, as per request, the instructor behind does not slow down and crashes right into me. I hear the "you damaged the aircraft" reproach, followed by a system crash. First time I could shut down DCS from the task manager, second time I had to power the PC down, everything froze. No crash file was created, but the error is reproducible. I am going to try to request clearance while moving and stop on the left side of the runaway..

EDIT: confirmed third time: the instructor goes right to the threshold, ignoring me all together. He then stays there.. I continued before he could ram into me, then the mission proceded without problems

Edited by gabgio

Nunc est bibendum, nunc pede libero pulsanda tellus

We have some updates planned with new voice overs so we will retest and see if we can correct it.

Which version of DCS were you using when this happened?

on latest beta release, 2.5.6.49314

By the way, great campaign, I am finally having enough time to dig in re-learning the A-10 the proper way, and this series of missions is a huge help!

Nunc est bibendum, nunc pede libero pulsanda tellus

• 1 month later...

Mission 5 Basic Maneuvers Bug

In Mission 5 after diving to 7000' , the instructions given are maintain 220 knots at heading 040 at 7000'.

Nothing happens after this point. The same behavior is exhibited in the practice mission.

DCS Open Beta 2.5.6.50979

Edit: Just flew practice mission again and got past this point by flying below requested altitude.

Edited by bmodrow

AMD 3950X, MSI Meg Ace X570, 64GB GSkill Trindent, 2 x 1TB EVO 970 Plus NVMe, 500GB Evo 970 Plus NVMe, 4 EVO 850 SSDs, RTX 2080 Super, AOC 34" Ultra Wide 3440 X 1440, Track IR, VKB Gladiaor K, VKB T-Rudder, Thurstmaster TWCS

Five times I have attempted to accomplish Lesson 9, five times a fail. I’m an ATP pilot so I know how to fly instruments, but the trigger after the missed approach isn’t working. Three times I have turned to the 040 heading, twice I have been run into a mountain, I’m at 7000 with autopilot and 260 KIAS (okay, maybe 261), and twice I have been given no further instructions including my last attempt as I flew way past the waypoint I went ahead and turned and got a terminate for being off 040 course.

Admittedly I’m in the Beta version, but what gives? Is there a way to bypass this mission?

Without a trk file it's hard to see how you are conducting the flight.

The triggers are centered on the waypoints so if you fly to the waypoints they should activate. If not try a DCS Repair or uninstall and reinstall the campaign.

It's possible depending on speed and how easy or aggressive you make your turns that following the FE instructions only you could miss the trigger zones. Be aggressive in your turns (it is a combat jet not a cessna) so try and get on direct heading to the waypoint as soon as possible.

You can compare your flight to Recon Stewart's video as the logic has not changed much. We have some updates planned so we will see if we can make the trigger zones more forgiving.

• 7 months later...

So flying mission 9 - after first touch and go I climb to 7000 @ heading 120 - the FE says to turn 040 @ 260knts - I do and part way through the turn he terminates stating I went beyond Q- for speed... first time I was at 259knts and second time I was at 266knt... both happened at the exact same time during the turn. From my experience with the campaign (which is awesome btw!) both are well within the limits. This happened in the practice mission as well but i figured I'd just do the qual mission as it's easy enough, relatively.

Flying the A-10C II version in open beta.

It could be something changed in the game engine recently as we thought we had set the limits correctly and didn't see this in our testing.

Usually you get a warning for speed violation first and get terminated if you violate the limit a 2nd time but from what you have said your speed didn't go above the limit so not sure why it would terminate you. 

Please post a trk file if it happens again and we can investigate further.

4 hours ago, Sabre-TLA said:

It could be something changed in the game engine recently as we thought we had set the limits correctly and didn't see this in our testing.

Usually you get a warning for speed violation first and get terminated if you violate the limit a 2nd time but from what you have said your speed didn't go above the limit so not sure why it would terminate you. 

Will do, I'm gonna fly it again right now so if it happens I'll post it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sabre-TLA said:

34 minutes ago, TroonYaDig said:

Will do, I'm gonna fly it again right now so if it happens I'll post it.

Well it happened again... same spot right before I get to 040. Here's a link to the track (ignore my crappy flying - I got some nasty weather on this one!😎)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pN6TNED6JIf9I2Qa1YZU6_UtfQD4lDRr/view?usp=sharing

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

Decided to re-fly this campaign as I have been away from the A-10C for quite a while.  Mission #2, after startup, when the instructor checks my startup procedure, he says that I missed a item, CMSP MWS should be on.  I have the switch in the ON (center) position, and I have attempted it in both the standby position on the dial and also in the MAN position.  In both cases he says I missed it.  Also, I never have the ATC option to ask for taxi, all I have is F3 call for startup, so I have to wait for the startup time to expire.  What am I doing wrong here?  I have flown this mission twice before without issues.  Thanks.

We haven't made any recent changes to the code so do you have any Mods installed?  Like Viacom or any others as it's been shown that mods can mess up triggers at times. Please try again on a clean version if you do.

If not, try a DCS Repair.  We have seen in the past that sometimes the install gets corrupted for whatever reason and a repair usually corrects it.

We will also retest the mission to confirm something hasn't changed in the game engine and will fix it if it has.