Cannot Add Controller Binding for Mirage 2000

ekg

I'm using x-55 rhino throttle and stick. I'm trying to get Button 1 for airbrake toggle and Button 35 for parachute (both) on the throttle. When I click OK the screen goes dark. There appears to be an error in the LUA scripts based on the dcs log attached. I'm running DCS 1.5 OpenBeta (latest)

The Error:

As a workaround you can try editing the bindings in game (i.e. launch cold start instant action and then when in game modify the settings).

00188.249 ALERT   LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string  "./Scripts/Input\Data.lua"]:1591: attempt to index local  'defaultCommand' (a nil value)
GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:
   [C]: ?
   [string "./Scripts/Input\Data.lua"]:1591: in function 'getCommandAddedCombos_'
   [string "./Scripts/Input\Data.lua"]:1647: in function 'getKeyCommandDiff_'
   [string "./Scripts/Input\Data.lua"]:1666: in function 'getKeyDiffs_'
   [string "./Scripts/Input\Data.lua"]:1729: in function 'saveDeviceProfile'
   [string "./Scripts/Input\Data.lua"]:1851: in function 'saveChanges'
   [string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\TabViewControls.lua"]:77: in function 'save'
   [string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\TabsView.lua"]:141: in function 'onOptionsSaved'
   [string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\Controller.lua"]:58: in function 'optionsSaved'
   [string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\Data.lua"]:142: in function 'saveChanges'
   [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_options.lua"]:72: in function 'onChange'
   [string "./dxgui/bind/Button.lua"]:22: in function 'callback'
   [string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:310: in function <[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:305>

dcs.log.txt

Edited by ekg
Error Added to OP

Hi to all now I have read this threat, and when I try to set up joystick warthog I get black screen without save the setting please let me know bye

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

I have solved with instal Targhet

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

Hi and sorry for my...english, before I have installed on my pc only the warthog drivers, then I had setup controller into dcs with get the black screen then I have to try to instal the TARGHET software by Thrustmaster and now for me work very fine and now I can turn off the light of the throttle

bye

No I have only instal it and have done set up controller into DCS as usual simple

TARGET is scripting for the Warthog. Won't work for Saitek.

Hmm... yeah. I think the proper fix is to made in the module. I have no issues assigning these buttons in the MiG-21bis module.

Guys, I don't think installing TARGET is a true solution, it looks more like a workaround.

Let me explain:

I think that, when installing TARGET driver, the "ID" of the joystick & throttle change (Windows ID). So, from DCS point of view, it's like there is a new joystick and a new throttle. DCS then doesn't re-use old personal configuration files (linked to old ID of devices) but creates new ones.

For those having the "black screen" issue, I suggest you try to remove all personal configuration files linked to M-2000C input (controls).

To do so, erase (or, safer, move elswhere) your Saved Games/DCS/input/M-2000C folder

Then restart DCS, go to options, re-do your assignations (all will be reset to default).

If this works, then all is good, you can delete the old folder (the one you moved earlier).

If it doesn't work, then sorry you may replace your old folder in its original place.

My guess is that, because lots of things changed in the M-2000C inputs since the first beta release, DCS isn't able to cope with it without a "reset" at some point.

I can't tell for sure, because I made such a reset preemptively a little while ago. And so far, I didn't had the "black screen" issue.

Hope this helps,

++

Az'

spacer.png

I tried that it still doesn't work :(

Here is the error in the dcs log after trying this. Looks to be the same issue.

00188.249 ALERT   LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./Scripts/Input\Data.lua"]:1591: attempt to index local 'defaultCommand' (a nil value)
   [string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\TabViewControls.lua"]:77: in function 'save'
   [string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\TabsView.lua"]:141: in function 'onOptionsSaved'
   [string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\Controller.lua"]:58: in function 'optionsSaved'
   [string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\Data.lua"]:142: in function 'saveChanges'
   [string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:310: in function <[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:305>

I am currently experiencing the same problem. I have only just purchased and downloaded Mirage 2000 a few hours ago. I have gone into settings to map my Saitek X52 Pro. Once I attempt to save and exit out of settings, I too am stuck on the black screen. I am forced to restart DCS World to exit black screen. Once I open DCS world again, all original joystick settings are back to default. Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone have a fix? I decided to post this message as I have had this problem from a clean install today. I have no back up files for the Mirage 2000 so I have no files to move/copy. I do not have this issue with any of my other modules. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I tried that it still doesn't work :(

Here is the error in the dcs log after trying this. Looks to be the same issue.

00188.249 ALERT   LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./Scripts/Input\Data.lua"]:1591: attempt to index local 'defaultCommand' (a nil value)

That is not a M-2000C error log. That is a DCS internal error when parsing the ./Scripts/Input\Data.lua file. The other errors are cascading from the first one.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

That is not a M-2000C error log. That is a DCS internal error when parsing the ./Scripts/Input\Data.lua file. The other errors are cascading from the first one.

But it seems to be M2KC specific. I can reproduce this error when trying to change any control mapping for the M2KC, but have no trouble when doing the same for other aircraft.

So I deleted my Saved Games settings but I got the error again.

In my eyes, that, the stack trace and a brief inspection of the mentioned routines, indicate that this problem originates from the ...\M-2000C\Input\*\default.lua file(s).

To me it seems, as if there is a problem with the definition of the combos. The ED code seems to be unable to access them (nil variable) - maybe there is somewhere a malformed definition, a missing } or { or something like that?

Edited by Flagrum

No, for my don't work editing the controlls in game....

Hi and sorry fir my english, first this is an problem ( for my ) only with this module.

Second I believe to solved with targhet programm (only thrustmaster owner) but nothing...

I thik to reset all setting is no necessary/ no result, but today I have see that 1) run the game

go to setting and selecting M-2000C now exit from the game without make changes. 2 ) run again the game and go to make personal setting without any problems, yes, This could be a case, however, 'it worked, I hope in the next patch

Thanks for all the assistance from the users on this. Last night I was able to bind my CH Pro HOTAS to the controls without a CTD, via the method above. Set everything up in-flight and no CTDs. Granted you cant access any special features specifically for the Mirage, but at least it'll fly.

Cheers all!

-Jeff

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• 7 months later...