MS Flight Sim X

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just regarding that ridiculous water colour, I'm not sure what planet the FS guys are from, but their oceans seem to consist of giant vats of blue ink, not actual water. I saw this in the screenshots (from ages ago) yet they never seem to change the obvious faults, do they?

I suppose they like to keep the free/payware scenery modders in business....

I liked the readme: this doesn't work, that doesn't work.:))))

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

"FSX Demo requires 15.0 GB of free hard disk space" :mad: no wonder why my pc was having problems with the installation process :cry:

I will have to let this pass on until I am not limited to a laptop

It's 1.5 Gig's needed...

Just regarding that ridiculous water colour, I'm not sure what planet the FS guys are from, but their oceans seem to consist of giant vats of blue ink, not actual water. I saw this in the screenshots (from ages ago) yet they never seem to change the obvious faults, do they?

That vibrant blue color is ideal for the weather, time, and location settings used in the screenshots. I mean what else do you expect from a tropical, lush, summer shot?

The color and depth of the water does change as weather, clouds, sky, and season change. I flew at sunset and dawn, and the water was very realistic looking...dark grey, murky. It looks amazingly great with a thunderstorm going.

Also...I must add, bumpmapping on the runway in rain and snow looks goooooood!

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

Flight model is really better, the aircraft always moves a bit and you need to do micro corrections, and no more ufo movement if you do strange maneuvers.

ED should teach how to do cockpits to Microsoft, really, but at least MS gives work for the addon to tons of people, creating interest about FSx (they're smart in this).

The sound is cool, views are cool, zoom is now soft. Scenery is about the same with more objects and the same ol blurred texture like fs2004. Water is awesome! Missions are funny! Lights effects are awesome. Now let's wait october for the full version adn DX10, it will improve performance 6 to 8 times then DX9, and they'll release a free patch with tecnology upgrade.

By the way, with 3 years of separation and a lot less money (I imagine), ED still has a cool sim better than FSX in some aspects.

Robbie.

Ive got a few more screenies here

I used FRAPS for screenies since it gives FPS info, 1280x1024 all sliders maxxed on a A64 3500+, X800XTPE AGP 256MB, 2GB DDR400 spec system.

plugging in fs9 aircraft seems to "mostly' work too.... havent put in the gauges etc so some are missing textures/gauges here and there... good for a bit of fun too. The Lagoi Hind flies gorgeously compared to fs9.

vvs504sig.jpgvvs504sig.jpg

BomberWing, VVS504 Red Hammers -

http://www.vvs504.co.uk

FSX Demo Impressions

this is what I think:

- Nice water, really nice.

- Same old scenery with more objects but same old tecnology (with same old problems)

- New aircrafts...

- Medium low performance (we need DX10...)

- Ugly cockpits (same as fs2004)

- Nice view controls (smooth, mouse view..., smooth zoom in and out..)

- Nice sounds

- Nice flight model (better than fs2004)

In other words It looks like fs2004 with few good addons, I don't feel it as a new sim. Let's wait for final version and see...

edit:

- great light effects on surfaces..

Robbie.

- Nice water, really nice.

- Same old scenery with more objects but same old tecnology (with same old problems)

- New aircrafts...

- Medium low performance (we need DX10...)

- Ugly cockpits (same as fs2004)

- Nice view controls (smooth, mouse view..., smooth zoom in and out..)

- Nice sounds

- Nice flight model (better than fs2004)

I'm glad to hear about improved FM. Can't wait for my demo. My broadband sucks!

IMO, I'm pretty dang satisfied with FSX, partially because I didn't expect what I got in the first place.

It completely is a revamped engine, and if you have the computer to run it, the results are simply STUNNING.

I mean, this must be the first flight sim ever, to go all out and enter next-gen, with Bump-Mapping, HDR, bloom, real-time shadowing, real-time reflections, AI widelife, sea, land, and air vehicles! These aspects surpass even next gen FPS shooters!

Flying in rain yielded amazing results for me, seeing clouds reflecting on the runway, oh my bumpmapping is amazing!

Immersion has been increased in the VC, with natural head movements added, and everything feels more polished as zooming, panning, and switching views is alot more smoother and gradual.

Flight Dynamics have noticably improved when doing radical stunts, the planes dont just go BAZERK and do UFO typed dynamics. The Beaver actually yawed left and went into a flat spin when I pulled it up for a tailslide.

Only downside was the fact that you really need a good computer to run everything maxed out. I had frames from 9 to the high 20's at most with settings closed to Ultra High.

Don't forget, that a vanilla MSFS might as well be last year's MSFS, after you install addon after addon! PMDG...Flight1....RealAir...!

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

probably a bit to do with dual core cpu and the extra video ram you have ;)

But yeah without fraps it does seem a whole load smoother - I also force AA/AF so that hits the frames as well.

Still just tinkering rather than flying properly - i got all the gauges etc working on my lago hind now ;) Best fun Ive had in an msfs helo for ages!

vvs504sig.jpgvvs504sig.jpg

BomberWing, VVS504 Red Hammers -

http://www.vvs504.co.uk

It's nice :) Definately worth upgrading.

Works slow on my system at 1280x960 and all set to default ultra-high, anisotropic etc etc., but I expected that.

I like improved FM too.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Ok, downloaded it from the micro$h|t site in 6 minutes (not bad), and, how surprisingly (NOT), the installer has made 2 attempts to connect to some stange ip...

Let's see if it will break the 20 fps barrier... Oh, at least it won't give me random slideshows like lomac does, so technically (optimization wise) FS 10 should be better, but then again in lomac I start with 60 fps on the su-25T and after 10 minutes it drops to 12, five minutes later I get a steady 4 fps. In FS 10, I will get 18 fps no matter what, for like a day. I guess it is really hard to make smart programming features, as everybody is working with all kinds of interactive, lots of excess info, SDKs. A prgoram that required 2mb 6 years ago, now needs 60mb, with the same functionality, but with some cool animated buttons or whatever.

LOL, they should make a seperate code optimization SDK to correct all the excess processes that are being triggered by those SDKs.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

3 threads about FS X merged in one.

please, do not clone threads.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

bumpmapping in what way? (I haven't downloaded it yet) What about the damage, are they still afraid bin laden jr. will train for apocalyptic flights on it, or did they finally enable crash damage, so we can have something like the su-25t?

Yes, I've just done wild crash landing, with lots of skiding, sparks and stuff on wet runway.

Though if you hit something like directly, you just have smoke, explosion, and panomaric paused crash view.. something simmilar to what we know already from previous version.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Yes, I've just done wild crash landing, with lots of skiding, sparks and stuff on wet runway.

Though if you hit something like directly, you just have smoke, explosion, and panomaric paused crash view.. something simmilar to what we know already from previous version.

Yes tried the demo, im impressed by the lowness of the fps, and the lack of crash dynamics (especially 'hollow' wheels, that are extended, but damaged, so they are there, but have no mass or supporting strength) makes it muwah..

The CRJ-700 VWS sounds quite gay too and lacks minimums and altitude callouts, and the thrust reversers produce no actual thrust (no powered pushbacks in FS x). The things I liked were the cockpit, which was quite functional and the engine stall during negative Gs on the Otter. The time limit came as a surprise as well, but that will be cracked in the next days. ;)

It really is FS-2004 with lots of add-ons, nothing shockingly new, I hoped for better crash dynamics, and thought they only disabled the bin-laden crashes against buildings, and not your normal landing gear f-up, but they didn't so that sucks big time.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy: