A-6 "Intruder" by Razbam

YoYo

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if you guy's have seen this video. It's 4 years old but still wets my appetite for all things RAZBAM especially for DCS. There's an A-6 intruder in the video.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 4790K / EVGA 1080ti SC / 32GB DDR3 / 1TB SSD / Oculus Rift S / X-56 / MFG Crosswind V2 / ButtKicker + Simshaker for Aviators

Funny i find this post just now...Even though a fighter would be my preference an all,i was actually thinkin the last few days of some sorta combined bomber type thing.....Maybe even a specialized type bomber like the f117..An intruder would be awsome cause we now know the frame work for a pilot and rio is being worked on for the 14 and up comming f4

The "SCALES" of aeronautical performance will weigh heavily on your next move..

Funny i find this post just now...Even though a fighter would be my preference an all,i was actually thinkin the last few days of some sorta combined bomber type thing.....Maybe even a specialized type bomber like the f117..An intruder would be awsome cause we now know the frame work for a pilot and rio is being worked on for the 14 and up comming f4

The F-14 rio technology will be most probably Heatblurs property and hard linked to the module. It's not like ED adding basic feature in the DCS platform that everybody can study and use afterwards.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Man imagine having the A6, F14 and the F18 all on the same deck and you can fly all of them

Imagine management of carrier ops. Who's got the Ouija Board?

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

I'll messcook before I volunteer to do that job lol.....

~Rob

lol

Still, I hope someone is thinking of giving players the tools to manage the ship in some way. Or allow a form of ATC. An optional slot that can be opened or locked by an admin. For some servers it would not only be a great immersion tool to add to the fun, but also an efficient tool to keep the tempo up and avoid the downer of being smashed to bits coming off the wire from the next guy who didn't check up in the pattern.

It's the seemingly little things that bring a game to life.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

I was a Squid from 71 to 74 and a proud Airdale. I watched the Tomcats get their start at NAS Oceana.

Keep in mind that I'll buy and fly anything in DCS. But, as for the A-6, I thought they were ugly as a mud fence and way too noisy on the flightdeck or in a pattern on shore. Their sharp screech was deafening compared to the Phantoms' thundering roar.

On the other hand, watching that funny thing scorch the air as it zipped down the cat with a gazillion pounds of ordnance just had to be considered miraculous. MERs and TERs everywhere!

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

I have been reading some A-6 stuff here this week, one source said twenty eight 500lb bombs could be carried, and another stated that the KA-6D could hoist 13 tons of fuel on five stations and internals. This is off of a carrier deck mind you....

Intruder be like "do you even lift Bro?"

If anything, the EA-6B could be added as an AI carrier aircraft if there is a lack of public information to make a 4 seat multicrew DCS module out of it. The model looks good so far cubanace.

Yeah, it would be great if Razbam could make the EA-6B, sometime after the A6. That would be a very unique plane, our first and only electronic warfare plane, and it would be a great complement for the AV-8B and F18C. :thumbup: