how to slow down TDC cursor?

wolle

In the latest open beta version the TDC cursor can be assigned to an axis. So, I assigned it to my Warthog throttle's slew control knob. But it still seems to work like a switch, in particular it is very hard to make small adjustments to the TDC position. So, I tried to reduce the saturation values in the controls settings, but as soon as I set them to anything under 100% it stops moving altogether. What am I doing wrong? How to adjust the sensitivity of the TDC axes?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

When I tune my Slew control I set it to;

Joy_x...... Deadzone 5

Saturation Y 60

Joy_y...... Deadzone 5

Saturation Y 60

No change to Saturation X (stays at 100). Curve is 0 If it's too slow change the Sat Y to 70, to fast try 50...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Same here , if i touch saturation TDC no longer works.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

First I want to thanks for TDC axis.

I also can confirm it needs some fix in saturation because when it is changed it does not work.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

I'm not at home, so no DCS for me just now but...

What I did with FC3 aircraft, where the TDC was waaaayyy too quick with the HOTAS Warthog, was setting curves and saturation (IIRC) in a TARGET profile.

Perhaps this would work for the M-2000 as a workaround until the next patch?

Edited by Azrayen

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

TDC is now 50% slower. I will try to use a TDC speed factor option for you to set it to your liking.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Thanks Zues , its so hard getting the contacts to lock sometimes .

also the thing about the Warthog mini-stick is that it has variable sensitivity and in other airplane i can move the TDC faster or slower depending on the situation.

(what i`m saying is that one speed is not suitable for all purposes )

also , can you have the TDC 'snap' to contacts that are pretty close to it?

sometimes i find myself having to move the TDC over the contact several times until i get it just right , so much time is lost while doing this.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TDC is now 50% slower. I will try to use a TDC speed factor option for you to set it to your liking.

Is the threshold bug fixed? Currently what makes axis tuning unusable is that the TDC will start to move only after the axis reaches 50%.

TDC should move immediately, then we can add a dead zone and reduce the speed ourselves, just like it is done on A-10C.

It looks like current TDC has a built in 50% deadzone which makes any tuning useless, as any attempt to reduce the speed put it in that built-in deadzone (this is what happens when others say the TDC stops moving when saturation value is changed).

Edited by PiedDroit

• ED Team

I have just a question if it is going to be implemented in the next update to test it out or later.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

I have just a question if it is going to be implemented in the next update to test it out or later.

Right now it is not a priority. We want to have the systems working as intended before we get to the really small stuff.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."