LotAtc 4 DCS - 1.0.0

Will setup executable properly upgrade to next version (even beta RC ones)? Or should I uninstall and clean after previous installation first?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

What do you mean "push"? As in instead of having them in the "out" position?

I mean activate, I did not see correctly sorry. On M2000C to have transponder working I activate M1 M2 and M3 and on your screen M-2 is not at same position than 2 others.

Will setup executable properly upgrade to next version (even beta RC ones)? Or should I uninstall and clean after previous installation first?

If you come from 1.0.2 and below, there is a special operation on server to do, check procedure on https://www.lotatc.com/download.html (search for "special" ). If you come from 1.0.3 and more, you can upgrade by launching setup exe directly.

pm is out.

From the log file, i hang on [LOTATC] [1/5] LotAtc core loading...

Edit: also it got problem to load Qt5Network.dll

Edited by mwd2
Add error...

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

pm is out.

From the log file, i hang on [LOTATC] [1/5] LotAtc core loading...

Edit: also it got problem to load Qt5Network.dll

PM sent! :)

I received some external help from McFLurry. Between him and Dart we were able to get the Huey to do like it is supposed to, well, as far as us non aviators know lol....

thanks you guys for helping!!!

~Rob

Great! :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

DArt, I have three suggestion and an apparent bug to report!

Firstly: I suggest to draw the distance/bearing ruler on top of units on the screen. It is a bit annoying trying to read the info on a screen with a lot going on (and especially a lot of aircraft in close proximity) when the units are drawn over the ruler. This could be an option to toggle the draw priority.

Secondly: requesting ability to set a third type of altitude readout - "kft", thousands of feet. As GCI calls target altitude in thousands of feet I believe it'd be best to be able to show the altitude as such instead of full or short (flight levels i.e. hundreds of feet). This also shortens the labels on the screen making a busy situation more readable.

Third: ability to change target label outline (and pointer) color. at my currently preferred map color the label pointer is almost impossible to see making a situation very hard to decipher if there are a lot of aircraft in close proximity.

And the bug?: DCS chat in the "all" chat tab in lotATC shows every user as red regardless of side and regardless of which side the lotATC user is on.

Thanks for one of the most useful DCS external softwares!

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Hi!

Firstly: I suggest to draw the distance/bearing ruler on top of units on the screen. It is a bit annoying trying to read the info on a screen with a lot going on (and especially a lot of aircraft in close proximity) when the units are drawn over the ruler. This could be an option to toggle the draw priority.

Definitly, it is feasible, I add it for 1.1.0 ;)

Secondly: requesting ability to set a third type of altitude readout - "kft", thousands of feet. As GCI calls target altitude in thousands of feet I believe it'd be best to be able to show the altitude as such instead of full or short (flight levels i.e. hundreds of feet). This also shortens the labels on the screen making a busy situation more readable.

Copy, make sense, add it also.

Third: ability to change target label outline (and pointer) color. at my currently preferred map color the label pointer is almost impossible to see making a situation very hard to decipher if there are a lot of aircraft in close proximity.

Make sense too :)

And the bug?: DCS chat in the "all" chat tab in lotATC shows every user as red regardless of side and regardless of which side the lotATC user is on.

Affirm, I have no more the data from DCS from now. I need to rework this part, it is part of my todo list :)

Thanks for this great feedback! :thumbup:

Hi !

With the changes to F10 map units labels in 2.5, I started using lotATC again, and I have a couple of suggestions / feature requests to improve readability. (most of it based on real world ATC software)

• I have this weird behavior with labels, when I hover a plane's label, it will reposition itself on the 6 of the plane. I find that extremely annoying, when i set a label on the right of the unit, I'd like it to stay there. An option to disable that behavior would be great.
  • An option to make the link between unit icon and it's label more visible, I personally find it too discrete.
  • An option to make labels showing up by default always at the same place (usually right side of the unit).
  • A way to filter ground units off the map, most of the time I don't need to see them (only their threat range) and it makes the situation unreadable when planes fly over areas with many ground units (generally airfields).
  • A way to apply multiple filters in the unit list, I generally want to display all planes and helicopters.

Those are the most important things I can think of for now, I hope it can be implemented (especially label things, that's IMHO the most critical).

I'm available for any questions/precision about what I mentioned above, and I'll come back with more feedback if I have any :pilotfly:

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

Hi !

With the changes to F10 map units labels in 2.5, I started using lotATC again, and I have a couple of suggestions / feature requests to improve readability. (most of it based on real world ATC software)

• I have this weird behavior with labels, when I hover a plane's label, it will reposition itself on the 6 of the plane. I find that extremely annoying, when i set a label on the right of the unit, I'd like it to stay there. An option to disable that behavior would be great.
  • An option to make the link between unit icon and it's label more visible, I personally find it too discrete.
  • An option to make labels showing up by default always at the same place (usually right side of the unit).
  • A way to filter ground units off the map, most of the time I don't need to see them (only their threat range) and it makes the situation unreadable when planes fly over areas with many ground units (generally airfields).
  • A way to apply multiple filters in the unit list, I generally want to display all planes and helicopters.

Those are the most important things I can think of for now, I hope it can be implemented (especially label things, that's IMHO the most critical).

I'm available for any questions/precision about what I mentioned above, and I'll come back with more feedback if I have any :pilotfly:

Thanks for this complete feedback, very appreciated! :thumbup:

Users feedback are very important to enhance LotAtc.

For labels, it is planned to rework them, I am currently revamp the UI for 1.1.0, it will give the keys to do this work after :) (and preparing more ATC stuff).

I take note of all these topics, perhaps some could be add for 1.1.0 (like filters)... otherwise in next releases :)

Looking forward to test these improvements !

:D I literally posted this two days ago. Look at DArts response to the request 4 posts above yours (post no. 362)

Let's say it was to back up your suggestion, I did read, I swear :music_whistling:

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats! Great Program Easy to use and excelent.

I got a question, could it be possible to add some kind of audio Warning when new contacts appear not in the current screen and when Radar Contact is lost?

I really dont know if this is how it works IRL

Cant Wait for 1.1.0 for the server side Keys!

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

I'd like to add one more request to the "my dreams come true LotATC wishlist".

When playing AWACS, I often have flights, JTACs, giving me coordinates. Whether it is their location, Contact Point for CAS flights, shot down Pilot. Also I have lots of coordinates from briefings: Target locations, navigation points. It's possible to have eyes on location using the in game cursor and coordinates or enter them in the drawings .json file. But both methods are just too time consuming and not fit for a busy night. What would be perfect and I hope it wouldn't be hard to implement would be a button to add a point with text. But instead of pointing a cursor to the right location, a dialog window would pop-up with fields for coordinates: N/S & E/W and a name. That would be perfect !!! And it would solve so many problems !!! Cheers.

Edited by Skitter

Agree with you :)

With Alt+left click you can already put text on cursor location but it does not give the coordinates, I could add it. The missing part is to be able to add text draw within entering coordinates directly, it is on my todo list...

Perhaps for the 1.1.0, who's know....

I am considering buying lotatc, however I would like to know what AWACS/GCI functions does it have... especially if:

- TA and AO data shows when you pair two contacts with BR line

- Does it enable setting custom length of velocity vector for the pair (i.e. 7min)

- Does it simulate MTI in a sense, that if contact drops into shadow that it can extrapolate and indicate Memory target

If none of this is available, would it be considered for the future updates?

thx

- TA and AO data shows when you pair two contacts with BR line

BRAA between contact gives you: bearing, range, altitude, aspect. With the coming 1.1.0 in few days, you will have also interception cap/distance/time.

All values can switch between imperial and metric units.

- Does it enable setting custom length of velocity vector for the pair (i.e. 7min)

Currently you can choose between 1 and 120 seconds (I can increase if needed) or the zoom independent mode.

- Does it simulate MTI in a sense, that if contact drops into shadow that it can extrapolate and indicate Memory target

Not at this moment, it is on my todo list, no ETA on that but certainly come on future releases...

LotAtc is user-feedback driven, I try to implement what users need/ask (of course depending of time needed as I develop it after work and on night). So everything is possible in theory :D