The M-2000C and complexity

Zeus67

Hello folks,

I just want to make you aware of something that can become an issue, or not. It depends on you actually.

The aircraft is slowly becoming more complex with each update. The next update will bring a major change to the radar. From this update forward you will not only have to fly the aircraft but also manage the radar as well.

The antenna is now fully stabilized, except in Close Combat Mode, and with that you will need to play close attention to the antenna elevation. You no longer can scan by pointing the aircraft up or down.

So you will have to pay attention to where the antenna is looking at.

Also, this means that it will take time to set the aircraft up for combat. This is not critical if you start from the ramp or the runway. But it will if you start from the air.

Most airborne mission place the enemies at 20 to 40 nmiles away and frankly that distance is quite low at the speeds you will be traveling. Trying to set the M-2000C systems (radar, ecm, rwr, etc) for combat will take some minutes of your time and in this case you will still be heads down when you are in weapons range and will be blown from the sky.

So my recommendation is, if you have a HOTAS system to set it up for radar/weapons management. If you don't select a series of key presets that will help you work the radar/weapons. Trying to set things up on the fly with the mouse is prohibitively long in missions where the enemy is too close (60 nmiles or less).

I believe that you should keep these mapped to keyboard/HOTAS system:

• Radar antenna elevation (we will enable an axis)
  • TDC (the axis problem will be solved at the same time with the antenna axis creation).
  • Radar IFF interrogation/NWS
  • Radar IFF interrogation panel switch (off/sec/cont)
  • Close Combat Modes
  • Radar range selector
  • Radar PRF switch (it will become very important in the near future)
  • Jammer
  • Master arm switch
  • Magic Select switch
  • Super 530D select (the button next to Magic select, a.k.a. Weapons 2 Selector)
  • Gun select

Optional:

• Radar bar selector
  • Radar azimuth selector

Please be advised that the radar search cone for 60 azimuth and 4 bars is now smaller. The lateral width remains at 120º degrees but the height has been reduced from 12º to 8º. The reason is that at 4 bars, the antenna overlaps the previous scan elevation. For this reason radar antenna elevation management has become critical.

Another change that will be coming is the lock/unlock buttons.

It seems that there are two buttons. One lock/unlock toggle and another toggles between TWS and STT.

This change is coming, as soon as I solve the coding problems for the TWS/STT toggle and the auto STT.

While the main topic of this initial post seems to be about the radar, actually it isn't. It is about workload management.

From the next update onward your cockpit workload will increase. So be prepared for it.

• Like 1

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Thanks for the update, looking forward to the radar improvements. :thumbup:

I have some of the keys already on may HOTAS and Thrustmaster MFDs. :D

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pretty much par for the course, same as fc3 f15. HOTAS FTW, good work :-)

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Outstanding! This is where a full switch by switch 4th gen fighter really starts to shine! It challenges the pilots work load management ability which will set pilots apart.

Great job, Razbam, this aircraft is coming along incredibly well and I haven't regretted buying into the beta for a second. Keep up the great communication!

Im prepared for it Im playing only M2000C.

So Im ready buddy bring it on 1.5.3 as 2.0 is empty in MP. :)

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Yes BUT so empty in MP, i cant believe it.

2.0 is so better.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Great news I wish to have this wonderful machine but I´m waiting on steam version...btw when comes that beast on steam...thx RAZBAM

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

More workload = love it

+1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

You fellows are doing a superb job with the Mirage, thanks very much and keep it up.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

My experience is that with a head to head engagement you go right from Super 530 into Magic range and we assume the Super 530's miss and thus having the HOTAS controls for close combat, and magic 2 select and vertical scan on the stick are vital as if you take your eyes of the bandit in the merge its game over. And thats just AI :)

So bindings bindings...the way to know what to bind is to run engagements repeatedly with AI in single player so you can add them in realtime as you first thought of it. Then repeat the process in PvP and refine.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

More realistic workload = love it

+1

:thumbup:

Thanks RAZBAM.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

This kind of info is really useful - I hope it will also be well explained in the manual, so that people joining the simming community with zero experience will be able to understand the way it works, rather than simply which buttons to press.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2