Rope across cockpit

Wayc00lio

I've always wondered why there is a piece of rope across the top of the front instrument panel.

I don't see it in this vid:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZON5gqGHsA[/ame]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

Ah, ok. Cool. Good idea then!

I thought it looked more like a quick repair job LOL!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

Ah, the old bungi cord question arises again. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It's holding left and right halves of the plane together.

Already implemented as far as I know.

For ease of maintenance access. :lol:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Side note - I found it interesting to see how far the pilot moves the flight stick to get changes in the aircraft's attitude. That must make fine adjustments much easier compared to my cheapie joystick.

His flight stick is significantly longer than on a computer flight stick. More hand input, but the same degree of motion at the gimbal. Some sticks (TM Warthog) can be extended, which gives the same degree of accuracy. Something I highly suggest people who want more accurate input explore.

476th vFG Alumni

His flight stick is significantly longer than on a computer flight stick. More hand input, but the same degree of motion at the gimbal. Some sticks (TM Warthog) can be extended, which gives the same degree of accuracy. Something I highly suggest people who want more accurate input explore.

Is that an official extension for the TM Warthog? Outside of people sticking a PVC tube in there to make it longer that's the first time I'm hearing it can be extended. Just curious to know because I am eyeing it on Amazon, just waiting until some kind of sale comes up to snag it.

Is that an official extension for the TM Warthog? Outside of people sticking a PVC tube in there to make it longer that's the first time I'm hearing it can be extended. Just curious to know because I am eyeing it on Amazon, just waiting until some kind of sale comes up to snag it.

I have bought metal 10cm extension from Sahaj. The guy has made web page in the meantime (http://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com/). Anyway I would not recommend to go longer than 10cm except for some special usage. With extension longer than 10cm, centering spring on Warthog is not strong enough to center the stick by itself.

If you fly mainly planes maybe 7.5 cm will be the best for you. 10cm planes/helis. I think longer than 10cm is only suitable for helicopters.

After I bought extension I have never unmounted it from my stick.

I'm still not sure why the extension is not provided by Thrustmaster. I think it should come in the box along the new Worthog. At least one.

Edited by marluk
[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

iirc,

it was a backup autopilot system,

wrap cord around stick, hold it in place

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I have bought metal 10cm extension from Sahaj. The guy has made web page in the meantime (http://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com/). Anyway I would not recommend to go longer than 10cm except for some special usage. With extension longer than 10cm, centering spring on Warthog is not strong enough to center the stick by itself.

If you fly mainly planes maybe 7.5 cm will be the best for you. 10cm planes/helis. I think longer than 10cm is only suitable for helicopters.

After I bought extension I have never unmounted it from my stick.

I'm still not sure why the extension is not provided by Thrustmaster. I think it should come in the box along the new Worthog. At least one.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

476th vFG Alumni

Does the helmet have a display in it? What's the cable for if not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DCS 2.0 NTTR, EVGA GTX980 Ti Hybrid, 4790k, 16GB, 27" Apple Cinema Display, Thrustmaster HOTAS, Saitek Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 and...Oculus Rift CV1.

Complete noob .:doh:

Does the helmet have a display in it? What's the cable for if not?

Well, radio would be one possibility that comes to mind. :) However, considering the date of the video, it is possible.

Well, radio would be one possibility that comes to mind. :) However, considering the date of the video, it is possible.

Not sure it's radio :) Thick cable and goes to visor. Radio cable usually integrated into oxygen mask no? A quick Google suggests Scorpion Helmet Mounted Display

DCS 2.0 NTTR, EVGA GTX980 Ti Hybrid, 4790k, 16GB, 27" Apple Cinema Display, Thrustmaster HOTAS, Saitek Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 and...Oculus Rift CV1.

Yes that is the HMCS cable you see in the video.

Is it feasible to simulate a helmet mounted sight do you think?

iirc,

it was a backup autopilot system,

wrap cord around stick, hold it in place

Nah, You use it to keep the A-10's transmission in gear when the synchros are shot, and it constantly wants to pop out of top gear while cruising. :lol:

Practice makes perfect.