A little tech help, please.

Belisarius

I need a little basic computer help as I am old and a complete tech moron.

How can I get the detailed briefing files included with the World 2 A10c Red Flag campaign from my desktop computer hard drive to my I pad?

If you are kind enough to answer please keep it simple..assume I have NO computer knowledge, which I don't. Thanks in advance.

Couple of options . Email it like bobert said, and access it from the IPAD via email (gmail, or whatever email app Ipad has (I'm an Android guy).

Or upload it to box.com or dropbox.com or google drive or Microsoft OneDrive

I'm sure IPAD has clients that you can download for all of the above cloud/drive providers.

Finally, if you have a Kindle account, you can email it to the address that Amazon assigned to your Kindle, and it'll show up as a book in the Kindle app. If you're a Kindle user.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I prefer OneDrive. I have it on all of my devices. If I can access a file in My Documents on my computer, I can access that file on my phone, Surface, iPad, or xbox one... or on someone else's device if it's connects to the internet and I can log in to OneDrive. I have two terabytes of space, so I'm not concerned with running out.

Here's how you go about it:

1. Check to see if you have OneDrive on your system
    Hit WindowsKey+E on your keyboard to open Windows Explorer.
    If you see OneDrive on the left side of the screen, you're already good to go, skip #2
  2. Computer: If you don't have OneDrive, goto:
    https://onedrive.live.com/about/download/
    Click download and follow the instructions. Pretty easy evolution.
  3. iPad: Download OneDrive onto your iPad by going to:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/onedrive-cloud-storage-for/id477537958?mt=8
    (note: easier if you click this link from your iPad)
  4. Once you have OneDrive on both your Computer and iPad:
    Hit WindowsKey+E to open Windows Explorer
  5. Copy and Paste the following line into the address bar at the top of Windows Explorer:
    C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\campaigns\DCS NTTR A-10C Red Flag Campaign
  6. Right click on the folder called Docs and select Copy
  7. On the left side of your Windows Explorer screen click on OneDrive (the right side of the screen should change)
  8. Right click on the right side of the screen and select Paste
  9. Rename the folder from Docs to something more appropriate
  10. On your iPad open OneDrive and sign in to your Microsoft Account. You should see the folder you renamed on your computer.
    If you don't see it on your iPad right away, wait for a few minutes for your computer to sync the files to OneDrive on the cloud

You should see the folder you renamed in OneDrive which contains all of the campaign PDFs in subfolders named by the mission number

Fair winds,

strongharm

Edited by StrongHarm

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

The easiest for me is to copy the PDF files to the Book section of ITUNES (just select the pdf file you want to move and drag it over the ITUNES book section). Then plug in your IPAD and do a sync (make sure you are syncing all books).

Then they will show up in the IBooks app on the IPAD.

attachment.php?attachmentid=135939&stc=1&d=1457066596

itunes.thumb.JPG.1f423a13575357f9be5d4281b249e903.JPG

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

+1 Sabre! That would be the easiest method.

I would still recommend setting up OneDrive if you have the time and inclination. It allows for more filetypes, stays in auto-sync, and is easier to organize.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Well, I'm using Dropbox(https://www.dropbox.com/) and GoodReader (http://www.goodreader.com/).

This is most convenient system for me because I already use Dropbox and I love GoodReader app.

If you are also using some cloud drive and GoodReader, this would be the most easy way for you also.

1. Open Dropbox (or some other cloud storage) folder on the PC and copy all PDFs there.

2. Open GoodReader app on the iPad. Choose your cloud storage and select PDF you want to read.

Good luck!

Edited by marluk
[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

Outstanding! That's good to hear Belisarius. FYI; I keep several gb of family photos and documents on OneDrive for archiving purposes. It's good to have an external backup drive to safeguard your data, but unless you put that in a firesafe after every time you backup, your data is still in danger. Also, be aware that the files that you put on the OneDrive cloud are available not only through Windows Explorer, but also on the internet. Just go to http://onedrive.live.com and sign in. You'll see all the files in your browser. Now the interesting thing is, if you want to share those files with someone (or everyone), you can click on a file or folder on the webpage and choose 'share'. You then have the option to share with one person and send them an email, or to generate a small URL you can send to anyone and everyone who will be able to access it... but only if they access it through the small URL you give them. Microsoft has done a superb job of securing their cloud. Your OneDrive files are on the same infrastructure that's holding sensitive financial data for some of the biggest banks and companies in the world.

File example (F-35 pic):

http://1drv.ms/1p7FRcB

Edited by StrongHarm