[Fw-190 D-9]Cockpit Mod with RLM66

AEsqfMi.gifv

tm2deHS.jpg

First version Availabel now!

Download (06.03.16):

[Mediafire]: http://www.mediafire.com/download/c63p9fct5jckgm7/Fw-190D_RLM66_Standard__Cockpit_by_5tuka.rar

[DCS User Files]: (will follow)

Installation: Copy the Mods folder over to your DCS World main directory. After that launch the game and go to settings -> special -> Fw-190 tab. Select "RLM66 Standard" in the cockpit texture bracket. You can disable this mod anytime by accessing your settings and setting it back to "standard".

Hope you enjoy it and am looking forward to your feedback! mobile.gif

Edited by 5tuka
  • Like 1

Creator of the

Immersive Daimler Benz Soundmod

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thx for the tip, don't have the Ka-50 but devrims english cockpit mod for the Mi-8.

My issue was that I oculdn't find the description.lua in the aircraft directory to create the texture code. After more digging I finally found out I had to acess the Cockpit.edm to get the lua.

Tested it and it indeed works. Glad I have this sorted out now.

Maybe I can go further making a more clean and a more used version, the current one is quite in the middle.

Creator of the

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd like to provide lua file, but I don't have that module, so can't extract lua file from cockpit EDM file.

You can use UBoats' application to get the description lua file.

Please make a little search for it.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

here is the lua

You can use UBoats' application to get the description lua file.

Thx guys, got it working fine now!:thumbup:

As a fellow cockpit texture modder , may I ask how did you accomplish that nice looking reflective glass effect on the gauges? Or is it a trade secret

No secret at all, the gauge reflections are within the fw190cpt_glass_gauge.dds. I simply made the Alpha channel brighter to increase the effect unfortunately it's no real reflection but a static alpha overlay). You can do the same for cockpit glass reflections.

Creator of the

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Update

Some new screens with the fresh reworked soft leather and minor improvements on other parts of the cockpit.

t81ktcx.jpg

I also attempted to simulate scratched glass on the gauges for either this or a possible weathered version. Still needs tuning but I think it's not too shabby.

rOUGI0Y.jpg

Edited by 5tuka

Creator of the

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very nice looking. I can almost feel that plush soft leather.

Thanks for tip. No hijacking intended but I dont think the Mi-8 cockpit has a separate ...glass-gauges.dds so I'm trying to do a faux effect.

Keep it up:thumbup:

Wow, going to be awesome!:thumbup:

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2 Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit/ X52 & CH Pedals/ MSI DS502 GAMING Headset

Update

tm2deHS.jpg

(Screenshot made with flat shadow setting)

After shifting my mind a little and ressearching I've found the ED "rough" leather texture to be unsuited so I remade it from scratch. Looks much smoother now + I tried to incooperate some wrinkels at corners based on real photos.

Other improvements include some touchups for the shadowing on the main panel and brightness adjustments for some parts that were still off. Specular has been reverted to the default as I've not found any improvement yet - may change in future.

As for now I think it's ready for a "beta" release. Keep in mind some areas may still appear a little rough but I will try to sort things out in future updates as freetime permitts.

Download [Mediafire]: http://www.mediafire.com/download/c63p9fct5jckgm7/Fw-190D_RLM66_Standard__Cockpit_by_5tuka.rar

( Download via DCS User files will follow)

Installation: Copy the Mods folder over to your DCS World main directory. After that launch the game and go to settings -> special -> Fw-190 tab. Select "RLM66 Standard" in the cockpit texture bracket. You can disable this mod anytime by accessing your settings and setting it back to "standard".

Hope you enjoy it and am looking forward to your feedback! :mobile:

Edited by 5tuka

Creator of the

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

Awesome work!

AEsqfMi.gifv

tm2deHS.jpg

First version Availabel now!

Download (06.03.16):

[Mediafire]: http://www.mediafire.com/download/c63p9fct5jckgm7/Fw-190D_RLM66_Standard__Cockpit_by_5tuka.rar

[DCS User Files]: (will follow)

Hope you enjoy it and am looking forward to your feedback! mobile.gif

This is really awesome, Stuka!