Throttle Problem: Joystick Cannot Fully Throttle Back (X-52 non-pro)

I am running DCS with Windows 7 and using a Saitek X52 joystick and throttle. Until a couple of days ago, everything worked like a dream, but now I cannot get the throttle to fully reduce power A full calibration and test of the Saitek shows that it responds correctly and fully on all axis but in DCS the throttle, pulled fully back, only reduces power down to about 50%. My short term solution has been to change the throttle axis to the "Slider" button on the throttle and this does produce the full throttle movement in DCS - but of course I'd much rather be flying using the the throttle handle. I've tried everything:

• Running for a USB 2.0 port
  • Checked the potentiometer
  • Tried in all USB port
  • Uninstalled DCS (1.5 and 2.0)

Any Help will be appriciated

Check your throttle setting in Axis Tune in the controls section for dcs

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

You did calibrate it again in windows, right?

Do you use any software to program the Saitek X52?

Saitek joysticks should work without programming software, other then the drivers.

1. I can't find the calibrate thing in windows it was there one min' and gone the next.

2. I don't program the joystick with the SST only in the ingame "adjust controls".

3. I'm using the latest drivers from the saitek website.

In windows start menu search box type: "set up usb game controllers" and open it.You should be presented with a list of game controllers.Select Saitek x52 Throttle, and click Properties.Open Settings tab, and click Reset to default button.Click Ok.

Hope this fixes your problem

In windows start menu search box type: "set up usb game controllers" and open it.You should be presented with a list of game controllers.Select Saitek x52 Throttle, and click Properties.Open Settings tab, and click Reset to default button.Click Ok.

Hope this fixes your problem

There is no settings tab :(

Type joy.cpl on Windows Start box. You see this window:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/GFHBrennus/Untitled-1-5.jpg

Select the X-52, click Properties and test the throttle. Probable the Z axis in the image.

http://padstarr.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5716&d=1398634216

If joystick are OK there, the problem is in DCS assignments, can be change in one recent patch.

If the axis are not OK do the calibration in Settings Tab. Follow the on screen instructions.

But do the calibration through Saitek software is more recommended.

BTW - I too don't see this Settings > "Reset to default"... ?

Edited by Sokol1_br

Try this.Deleting calibration data registry files should help

I had same issue with mine it was because i made the mistake of plugging in my x52 before I had run the driver install problem. So the drivers and SST would install but wouldn't work correctly at all and drove me nuts. Even though I could change some settings and it appeared to kind of work, it wouldn't load profiles even if I made a simple one with 1 key and saved it (that would work) but try and load it and fail!

I had to follow the instructions from Saitek to properly remove all traces of the drivers and software. Then re-install driver then SST (and do not plug in the x52 until the driver program ASKS you to plug it in, and then do so).

Here are the instructions you have to follow them all or the same problem happens again:

1. Unplug your device from the computer

2. Uninstall the drivers

3. Uninstall the SST programming software

4. Delete the Saitek folders from the following paths :

C:\Program Files

C:\Windows\Temp

5. Delete Saitek registry entries:

-Press and hold the Windows key on your keyboard and then press the letter R. This will open the Run box. Type regedit and then click ok.

The Registry Editor will have a list of folders on the left hand side. Go down into the following folders in order by clicking the + next to the folder name.

+HKEY_CURRENT_USER

+System

+CurrentControlSet

+Control

+Media Properties

+Private Properties

+Direct Input

Delete any folder inside the Direct Input folder that begins VID_06A3.

6. Reboot

7. Install the latest drivers and DO NOT PLUG IN YOUR X52 until the install program ASKS you to or you will have to redo this whole process.

Edited by wolf_SRB