Show some love for the A-10A?

Winston60

Would be nice to have a few new features in the A-10A. This module is easy to learn and very fun to fly for those who don't have the time to learn the C.

1. Fix the CBU-87's that fall short of the CCIP aim point.

2. Animate the EAC toggle switch so we can see at a glance if it's on or off.

2. Make the altimeter adjustable.

Come on ED.... make me a happy guy! :pilotfly:

Edited by Winston60

• 2 months later...
Would be nice to have a few new features in the A-10A. This module is easy to learn and very fun to fly for those who don't have the time to learn the C.

1. Fix the CBU-87's that fall short of the CCIP aim point.

2. Animate the EAC toggle switch so we can see at a glance if it's on or off.

2. Make the altimeter adjustable.

Come on ED.... make me a happy guy! :pilotfly:

Ah Hah!! I've been fiddling with this stupid EAC for an hour trying to Arm it!! How do I know if it is Armed!! This is my first time trying to use it, and I press the keys LAlt+4 and 5 but I see not way to tell if it is working or armed!! Thanks for this post.

But how can I tell if it is Armed or Off? :joystick:

The manual says nothing about EAC at all.. :mad: Or to turn on Electric when starting the engines.

And this post says that EAC isn't modeled for the A10a. So, is it, or isn't it? It's in the list of game commands. But then so is the P key for chute, and the A10a does not have a chute. So, am I wasting my time trying to figure out the EAC??? So confusing..

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

EAC on/off is definitely modeled. Turning EAC on is required to activate the PAC and the autopilot, so you can tell if the EAC is on by briefly turning on the autopilot. If the autopilot comes on, you can be sure the gun pipper will be stable when you fire the gun in A/G mode. :thumbup:

Still.... wouldn't it be great if ED would just animate the EAC toggle switch?

Edited by Winston 60

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Great! Thanks for the info. It would be nice if the manual had this stuff...

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

And about The Valley Campaign Broken? We need this fixed.

Already fixed internally, just not released yet.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

EAC on/off is definitely modeled. Turning EAC on is required to activate the PAC and the autopilot, so you can tell if the EAC is on by briefly turning on the autopilot. If the autopilot comes on, you can be sure the gun pipper will be stable when you fire the gun in A/G mode. :thumbup:

Still.... wouldn't it be great if ED would just animate the EAC toggle switch?

Another Question:

From a user point of view I don't see any benefit of turning EAC off once it's Armed? The cockpit switch doesn't move, no light comes on, I cannot see any indication of it being Armed within the game, so as an A10a pilot it doesn't seem to matter except just to turn it on and forget it. (Yes, it would be nice if cockpit switches/lights would reflect reality)

So, I am thinking of just making a macro on my x55 hotas that turns on EAC every time that I turn on LAAP (A key). No reason to use up a hotas button for EAC Arm and another button for EAC off? Make sense? Or am I missing something?

• Like 1

Other than the fact that you need EAC on to engage the PAC, you could do it that way as long as you use your autopilot once before firing the gun in A/G mode. If you don't have EAC on the gun pipper will rise significantly when firing the gun.

So you're right about just turning it on and leaving it on in the A-10A. There's really no reason to turn it off. I turn my EAC on when I go to A/G mode the first time, then immediately test to see that it's on by briefly switching on the autopilot. Then I'm good-to-go for autopilot and PAC use for the rest of the sortie.

After shutdown to repair and/or rearm and refuel in multiplayer, you again have to turn on the EAC as it goes off when the aircraft is powered down.

Isn't this a fun little airplane to fly? So easy to learn (compared to the C model) and it's very versatile hence my plea to ED to just fix a few items and this plane would be even better.

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Thanks,

Yes, this was my primary aircraft back in the old days of LOMAC. I wrote a 20 mission campaign for it. I don't fly it much anymore, but I always enjoy it when I do. I can actually have fun and accomplish some ground pounding compared to all the workload stuff in the A10c. Although that is fun to learn to..

LAlt+4 On

LAlt+5 Off

• Like 1

What works for me is EAC armed "LALT+4" , Ground Attack mode "7", and Cannon "C". (I think, I accidently deleted mine)

In Ground Attack the gun will fire with the gun cross as a sight, but the nose will rise.

In Cannon (mode?) you get the round pipper and the nose wont

rise when you fire.

If I remember correctly it is automatically ON when you switch to Cannon mode.

No, it does not come on automatically. You have to turn EAC on manually or the PAC and autopilot will not work.

Yes, the A10a does need just a little love...

I think it used to have NVG back in LOCKON. Today it still has Parachute Illumination Rockets. But with no NVG and the cockpit lights being WAY too bright, it is very difficult. And some controls for cockpit brightness would be nice..

And in the control options there is a Flashlight that I cannot get to work.

Really most of this is just little things..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

Here's another item that needs ED's attention. When closing the canopy, the closing sound continues well after the canopy is fully closed.

EDIT: This is fixed in 1.5.7! Thanks ED!

Edited by Winston 60