Upcoming RDI Radar changes

Zeus67

Thanks for the update Zeus!

What is the difference between sector mode and continuous mode?

Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update Zeus!

What is the difference between sector mode and continuous mode?

Jacks

Sector mode only interrogates those contacts that are near the TDC.

It creates a pie slice by using the TDC as the center. Anything inside that slice will be interrogated and marked accordingly.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

This screen works ok:

But if I lock a target dont see this double lines. I miss something (AI flight)?

I will check. It could be a radar thing, rather than you doing something wrong. STT track is different than TWS track.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Work perfectly razbam!! :)

Now mirage have everything I need AAR, AAM AG,IFF what can I ask more?

Edited by dartuil

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Work perfectly razbam!! :)

Now mirage have everything I need AAR, AAM AG,IFF what can I ask more?

INS :) .

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The double lines are only visible in TWS(PID) mode, if you switch to STT(PIC) they don't show up. Works like intendet or bug?

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

When I lock I have the double line if I lock again I can have the message to shoot.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

The IFF switch is the same of the Nose Wheel Steering? It doesn't work when i press the button, or it's just the S command without switch on the cloche?

The "S" command. When you are on the ground, it activates/deactivate the NWS. If you are in the air, it does IFF interrogation.

Zeus,

could you also please fix the altitude of the target in PID mode? it is shown in meters and not in feet. In PID it is correctly shown in feet.

Thanks for the amazing job!

I'll check and fix. Thanks.

The "S" command. When you are on the ground, it activates/deactivate the NWS. If you are in the air, it does IFF interrogation.

What i mean is if it's correct or not, that in the air the switch on the cloche doesn't move when i press the "S" command.

Thank for reply.

What i mean is if it's correct or not, that in the air the switch on the cloche doesn't move when i press the "S" command.

Thank for reply.

first you have to switch on the IFF in the IFF panel. Put it in SECT or CONT (the label is missing).

Only after this the "S" or the IFF button on the HOTAS will ask for IFF.

According this: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2693485&postcount=123 I noticed some of bugs (or maybe its a feature?).

RWS - IFF 2 friendly targets - is ok.

* A diamond for unlocked contacts that will appear on the upper left of the V symbol.

radar1_zpswisxclqk.jpg

TWS - IFF 2 friendly targets - double H is present but diamond not gone.

* A ||V|| or |H| for locked contacts. If you see a locked contact with a double pair of vertical lines, you are targeting a friendly.

Nowy-1_zps6449zpqe.jpg

STT - 1 friendly but no double H

* A ||V|| or |H| for locked contacts. If you see a locked contact with a double pair of vertical lines, you are targeting a friendly.

radar2_zpsvx9cftst.jpg

and cant operate horizontaly TDC in TWS or STT mode.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

According this: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2693485&postcount=123 I noticed some of bugs (or maybe its a feature?).

RWS - IFF 2 friendly targets - is ok.

* A diamond for unlocked contacts that will appear on the upper left of the V symbol.

radar1_zpswisxclqk.jpg

TWS - IFF 2 friendly targets - double H is present but diamond not gone.

Nowy-1_zps6449zpqe.jpg

STT - 1 friendly but no double H

radar2_zpsvx9cftst.jpg

and cant operate horizontaly TDC in TWS or STT mode.

I am checking this right now.

Another question about IFF.

What happens between Mirage flights?

Is enough turning ON the IFF panel to see other friendly Mirages as Friendly or also the IFF code must be set the same?

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Another question about IFF.

What happens between Mirage flights?

Is enough turning ON the IFF panel to se other friendly Mirages as Friendly or also the IFF code must be set the same?

At this time it is enough to turn the IFF panel ON.

first you have to switch on the IFF in the IFF panel. Put it in SECT or CONT (the label is missing).

Only after this the "S" or the IFF button on the HOTAS will ask for IFF.

I do but the switch don't move anymore in flight if not via mouse. I'll try a repair.

1997855561_IFFSWITCH.thumb.jpg.95b6e1dc9046ec4eedda434984f57fc5.jpg

I do but the switch don't move anymore in flight if not via mouse. I'll try a repair.

No need for a repair, I have the same thing. The button animation does not work while airborne. Seems like a small bug. Nevertheless the function works even if the button doesn't move.

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

• Radar antenna azimuth sector search (used when the selected search azimuth is less than 60º).
  • Radar antenna elevation.

Can anyone explain me how that is displayed on radar screen ? I dont see radar Azimuth or elevation infos on screen ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Radar antenna azimuth sector search (used when the selected search azimuth is less than 60º).
  • Radar antenna elevation.

Can anyone explain me how that is displayed on radar screen ? I dont see radar Azimuth or elevation infos on screen ?

I think the little caret indicating radar sweeps will show it (on top of radar screen), by only sweeping one portion of the radar screen. The radar screen itself covers the full 120° so that should be enough I suppose.

Maybe there's additional symbology as well?

Edited by PiedDroit

I think the little caret indicating radar sweeps will show it (on top of radar screen), by only sweeping one portion of the radar screen. The radar screen itself covers the full 120° so that should be enough I suppose.

Maybe there's additional symbology as well?

I will try to pay attention to that little square, on my next fly xD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]