Upcoming RDI Radar changes

Zeus67

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can it overheat if it's on for too long or is there no reason to not do the warm-up during startup?

We are seriously debating whether to simulate equipment overheat. At least for the time being, the answer is no. It won't overheat.

As I said, you can do the warm-up anywhere. IMO, the best time is when you are preparing for take-off. The time it will take you to taxi and take-off will be more than enough for the radar to be ready when you are in the air.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

That's the pulse repetition frequency. Basically sets how often the radar checks your surroundings.

akin to f-15 frequency (hi/med) selection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

*sigh* This is what happens when you rush things and do not fully test them.

The warm-up period is bugged. :cry:

It seems that placing the switch in P.CH does nothing. You will have to put it in SIL or EM for the warm-up period to start. :doh:

Of course, this means that now you have to wait 3 minutes for the radar to become operational. :joystick:

I'll fix this, but it is too late for this release. :(

Sorry about that.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Zeus awsome nice job are doing a great job!!!!!!!!

On a side not Zeus will be making Radar to actual light green and and yellow and a smaller curser and last shorten ADI on radar as seen in picture of real Mirarge 2000C

+1

... and how about the brightness dials for the various Radar display options?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

It seems that placing the switch in P.CH does nothing. You will have to put it in SIL or EM for the warm-up period to start. :doh:

Of course, this means that now you have to wait 3 minutes for the radar to become operational. :joystick:

Sorry about that.

Seeing how much this update adds i doubt anyone will mind about that very minor issue =P

Since having to wait 3 instead of 2 minutes is not a big deal => especially now that you have added IFF =>

But thanks for letting us know (so ppl know not to try using the warm-up mode) and keep up the great work.

Seeing how much this update adds i doubt anyone will mind about that very minor issue =P

Since having to wait 3 instead of 2 minutes is not a big deal => especially now that you have added IFF =>

But thanks for letting us know (so ppl know not to try using the warm-up mode) and keep up the great work.

You can take off with a cold radar, so you don't even have to wait.

Sorry about that.

How dare you make us wait one more minute ? That's unacceptable ! :megalol:

Thanks for your work Zeus !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It looks like the update in general was delayed :/

AFAIK it still is slated for today.

Could you share with us the correct position for the IFF panel?

I can see 1/4/3-1/3-2/3-3/3-4 position knob and one knob to the right with three positions.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hello Folks,

Due to me forgetting that today is update day, I did not update the manual with the radar IFF interrogation procedure.

Here's a instruction sheet in how to accomplish that.

1. This is the RDI radar IFF interrogation panel. It is located between the ISN and the RWR control panel

Radar_IFF_zpsavtjdk3x.png

To enable the IFF interrogation you must click the Interrogation Mode switch to either SECT or CONT. There is a bug in the panel that does not show CONT, but the switch will move.

There are new key bindings (untested) for this switch:

"Radar IFF OFF"

"Radar IFF SECTOR"

"Radar IFF CONT"

Look for them in Sensors.

No need to use the other switches. At least for the time being.

Note: The panel is too dark and the switch is almost invisible, at least for me. You will have to hunt for it with your mouse. We will solve that particular problem in the future.

To interrogate the contacts you must use the same key that is used to activate the Nose Wheel Steering. The default is "S".

The IFF works by being active. That is, only friendly contacts will show a symbol. Unknown contacts will not.

There are two main symbols:

* A diamond for unlocked contacts that will appear on the upper left of the V symbol.

* A ||V|| or |H| for locked contacts. If you see a locked contact with a double pair of vertical lines, you are targeting a friendly.

Currently the symbols remain for 30 seconds, basically since this is a test. The visibility period will be modified.

The PRF limitation is not enabled for this version, but it will come.

Please pass the word on the instructions.

Enjoy

First off, thank you so much for such great ongoing work.

I have some questions regarding the above:

1. Is the above figure labeled correctly (or, conversely, is the text legend correct)? It seems that the text (4) might refer to the figure (5), and maybe the text (1) and (3) should refer to the figure (3) and (4)? In which case, what is the figure (1)?

2. How are the interrogation codes used? Why are there two?

3. I thought IFF had 4 modes with 2 being civilian transponders ... or maybe that is just US?

First off, thank you so much for such great ongoing work.

I have some questions regarding the above:

1. Is the above figure labeled correctly (or, conversely, is the text legend correct)? It seems that the text (4) might refer to the figure (5), and maybe the text (1) and (3) should refer to the figure (3) and (4)? In which case, what is the figure (1)?

2. How are the interrogation codes used? Why are there two?

3. I thought IFF had 4 modes with 2 being civilian transponders ... or maybe that is just US?

My mistake. (3) and (4) are the same. So (3) and (4) == 3.

(5) in the figure should mean 4 in the instructions.

(1) is the interrogation code to be used (it relates to the IFF mode selected in the IFF control panel).

Thanks!

So, to summarize:

(1) = interrogation code to be used

(2) = Unknown

(3) and (4) = interrogation code

(5) = interrogation mode

Yes

Ok, so here is the corrected version:

Hello Folks,

Due to me forgetting that today is update day, I did not update the manual with the radar IFF interrogation procedure.

1. This is the RDI radar IFF interrogation panel. It is located between the ISN and the RWR control panel

Radar_IFF__zpsibjozr1i.jpg

To enable the IFF interrogation you must click the Interrogation Mode switch to either SECT or CONT. There is a bug in the panel that does not show CONT, but the switch will move.

"Radar IFF OFF"

"Radar IFF SECTOR"

"Radar IFF CONT"

Note: The panel is too dark and the switch is almost invisible, at least for me. You will have to hunt for it with your mouse. We will solve that particular problem in the future.

To interrogate the contacts you must use the same key that is used to activate the Nose Wheel Steering. The default is "S".

The IFF works by being active. That is, only friendly contacts will show a symbol. Unknown contacts will not.

* A diamond for unlocked contacts that will appear on the upper left of the V symbol.

* A ||V|| or |H| for locked contacts. If you see a locked contact with a double pair of vertical lines, you are targeting a friendly.

Currently the symbols remain for 30 seconds, basically since this is a test. The visibility period will be modified.

Enjoy

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hello Folks,

Radar_IFF_zpsavtjdk3x.png

"Radar IFF OFF"

"Radar IFF SECTOR"

"Radar IFF CONT"

Enjoy

Are these symbols showen only on radar or on hud too ?

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public

This screen works ok:

radar1jpg_swpxxen.jpg

But if I lock a target dont see this double lines. I miss something (AI flight)?

radar2jpg_swpxxee.jpg

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro