Radar lock

Sim Flyer

upon more playing i think the inability to STT may be due to jamming?? something doesnt seem right i ONLY ever see friendly jammers jumping around so i'm beginning to think the inability to STT may be a JAM thing or HOJ. i often get this kind of issue in CCM VS pull the trigger and acts like lock but no target in front of me?

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

i ONLY ever see friendly jammers jumping around

I've noticed the 'ghost' contacts created by jammers will respond positively to IFF queries, even though I know full well the contact is actually hostile (and the other contacts closer to the target's actual location don't respond to IFF).

I think the IFF logic is probably doing something like "if contact is not hostile then show the IFF response diamond", and ghost contacts are "fake" and therefore "not hostile".

I just noticed the close air combat modes auto-lock now, that's cool! :)

But I also have a question about the radar locking:

I noticed that when I am in STT mode (like for a 530 launch) and I switch to the gun I get that nice round radar-guided pipper with the range and so on. Ok.

But when I am in the close air combat mode and I switch to the gun I cannot lock the target. I get the standard gun symbology with the two lines and the snake, which are not guided by radar if I understood correctly.

Am I doing something wrong?

I noticed that when I am in STT mode (like for a 530 launch) and I switch to the gun I get that nice round radar-guided pipper with the range and so on. Ok.

But when I am in the close air combat mode and I switch to the gun I cannot lock the target. I get the standard gun symbology with the two lines and the snake, which are not guided by radar if I understood correctly.

Am I doing something wrong?

Used to work fine, apparently CCM has problems with this latest update: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2730591#post2730591

Same issue here at long ranges. This happens to me in the Mirage instant action Missile combat mission. have not flown any other missile combat mission yet to know if its consistent across other missions too.

Intel i7-8700k Coffee Lake@stock

G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16) 3200MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti

Maximus X FORMULA Z370 BIOS 1401

NZXT Kraken x62

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB (OS)

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB (Games)

Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt

Cooler Master HAF X

HOTAS Warthog | VKB MCG Pro GunFighter Mk. II | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5

Heatware

Same issue for me but in MP and SP as well.

Its hard to fight after thar. :(

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

same for me here

and after last update I've noticed some difference in STT work

now I don't need to press lock button twice to get STT lock on target to use 530's. I've successfully launched '530s after a single lock button tap

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]