Some bad news, depending on which side you´re on..

Prowler111

Gents:

As many of you are aware, i started a Harrier poll trying to decipher what the community was after "harrier wise", not surprisingly the Gr7/GR9 version was the absolute winner.

BUT, we stumbled into a brick wall, a wall that might put the Gr7/Gr9 at least 2 years behind..and that is weapons systems.

As you may know, the British version of the Harriers used a set of recce/targeting pods that are not available in the sim, being these the DJRP, Sniper and TIALD (which most if not all of it´s operational manuals are still classified). Not to mention also a pod carrying countermeasures in one of the 3 belly stations. Implementation of these pods could take us longer than expected, and i would really like to get a Harrier beta this year (fingers crossed).

I just wanted to be honest with you, no BS statements will come from us, this is the current situation and i put it out as it is.

So..as our 1st Harrier pack, we are going to create the AV-8B Night Attack version, this will allow us enough time to create the other system pods as we can get info on them and implement them in the sim.

So the road map would be AV-8B Night Attack followed by the GR7/GR9 versions and hopefully the AV-8B Harrier II Plus after at the end.

Best regards

Prowler

Edited by Prowler111
  • Like 2

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough, and very valid reasoning. Personally I did not care that much about which one it would be, only slightly was more interested in a British one since there are few British aircraft in sim and many American ones (and no, I'm not British).

Can't say no to a 25mm gatling :).

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Happy with any Harrier :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Not too bothered what versions come out first.

Good luck with getting more info for the British Harrier..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Thanks for the up front news, I for one would like to see a GR version the most and so would pay extra for the later version to ensure continued development.

Keep up the good work!

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Not a problem for me either.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Guys, no need to feel bad about this. Any Harrier will do.

Actually its the same like you would say: "Hey guys, do you remember like we said that we will give you the Aston Martin V12? Well it will be only the V8. :("

Hell we are still getting Aston Martin (Harrier) anyway so who would complain right? :D

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.