F-16 A, B, C, MLU

Frank00

No need to feel doofus, is not that big of a deal.

Did you guys give names to the jets?

I ask because we always did. 2001 was balls one, F-117 808 was bob and so on.

And then there are also the panels, it was never 4305, it was the bath tub. 4409 was the donut, 3308 was the lox panel, etc.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 2 weeks later...

Something is going to come up. Terrain following Radar (TFR)

Most F-16 do not have TFR. The AN/AAQ-13 can provide TFR capabilities to some F-16, but it is not block specific nor country specific. There are also many different systems that work similarly as TFR and some may work in tandem from TFR. There is Predictive Ground Collision Avoidance System (PGCAS), Auto GCAS, Digital Terrain System (DTS) this basically has a digital information on the area you are flying but will not account for building and other things that change ( this also has many subsystems). Lastly there is Combine Altitude Radar Altimeter (CARA)

As you can see, there are many systems and many versions of those systems. I'm sure there are even more that I have not heard off.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Keep in mind this not the same as TFR and are not related. Two different things.

577Lh7cEq80

yR5fL_QR8ao

JtwdEz_hw4g

obgNyjrnVMI

GYEgcUBaohw

7ADBGnHSFaY

eL4p3ahbeDQ

YNksT4duzRI

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

No need to feel doofus, is not that big of a deal.

Did you guys give names to the jets?

I ask because we always did. 2001 was balls one, F-117 808 was bob and so on.

And then there are also the panels, it was never 4305, it was the bath tub. 4409 was the donut, 3308 was the lox panel, etc.

We did name some of them, but only between us conscripts.

658 (80-3658) was Bleiebarnet (Diaperchild) or Hangardronninga (Hangar Queen), mostly due to an insane ability to chuck fuel out of the vent-hole under the wing on EVERY goddamn startup for a while before it was taken in for 200-hour maint, or because she spent an insane amount of time in the hangar with minor snags. ECS, Radar, various electrical faults and all the other fun things that comes with the amout of flight-hours she had (4000+).

666 (80-3666) was The Beast for obvious reasons.

279 (78-0279) we called Aircon (ECS-issues on deployment)

659 (80-3659) wasn't named, since that would incur the Wrath of the Crewchief, which wasn't someone you messed with.

There were others as well, but we mostly went with the tailnumber.

Panels were named, yep. Bathtub and LOX we used, but instead of the Donut (which I take is the ring just before the nozzle) we called Fiseringen (basically sphincter). Apart from that, the only other we named was 2408, which was the panel covering the EPU fueltank. We rarely called it that, and usually went by the connector-number which I can't remember from the top of my head.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Quick question for the F16 diehards and experts, can the F16 CJ mount CFT's ?

https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/why-dont-new-u-s-air-force-f-16s-use-these-futuristic-1712746714

From what I can tell from the forums over at F-16.net: no. The CJ's pre-Block52+ lacks both the attachments, the wiring and the plumbing needed, plus the structural modifications needed to fly with them.

Source: Plant#4s post on this page: http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11015&sid=6d0eb86074e4ac04d912c4790e6ec8d8&start=30

Mind you, I'm no expert on the later-model Vipers, as I only worked on the AM/BM with the MLU M2-upgrade which is said to bring the cockpit and avionics up on par wit the Block 50/52s. There's been other upgrades since then (think we're at M7 at this point), but just what they entail is unknown to me.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Quick question for the F16 diehards and experts, can the F16 CJ mount CFT's ?

https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/why-dont-new-u-s-air-force-f-16s-use-these-futuristic-1712746714

It depends. This has been covered in the forums extensively. This gets ask once a week. I guess people don't like the answer and will continue to ask until they get the answer they want.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205813&page=8

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=227363&page=20

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2905469&postcount=61

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3757828&postcount=255

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3640915&postcount=371

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3745350&postcount=164

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

click on image to enlarge

181109-Z-YH452-1006.JPG

Rainbow over Boca Chica Field

A rainbow appears over F-16 Fighting Falcons, from the 177th Fighter Wing of the New Jersey Air National Guard, on the flight line at Boca Chica Naval Air Station, Fla. on Nov. 9, 2018. 177th maintenance, operations, logistics and security personnel traveled to the Key West Naval facility to take advantage of the weather and fly numerous training sorties. (U.S. Air National Guard photo by Senior Master Sgt. Andrew J. Moseley)

To whom it may concern,

x-rjxUXRVUA

yg7d0Bt_W9Y

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

I don't know for sure but you can hear the pilot talking about it. Sound like they thought the centerline tank move because they felt the aircraft moving like they went to jet wash. In real time it is a flash. I can't see it in real time, it look like 1 or 2 frames, that F-14 was moving.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I don't know for sure but you can here the pilot talking about it. Sound like they thought the centerline tank move because they felt the aircraft moving like they went to jet wash. In real time it is a flash. I can't see it in real time, it look like 1 or 2 frames, that F-14 was moving.

Yeah. It sounds like they dismissed the idea of it being jet-wash and thought one of the stations may have popped of the jet.

Iraqi F-16 block 52 with AIM-7

https://media.defense.gov/2018/May/03/2001912185/-1/-1/0/180424-A-ZZ999-326.JPG

I wonder if this is a demo load or it can actually use them?

To whom it may concern,

It still remains to be seen which version of the Block 52 we'll get in terms of which weaponry etc we actually end up with. Don't think I've seen any info on that.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Your right but I was not posting it about the weapons possibilities for the upcoming DCS module, I just have not see it before. Most other photos of the Iraqi F-16 only show AIM-9 loaded.

Look how much fatter the nose tire is, they might be 52+

https://www.israeldefense.co.il/sites/default/files/iraqq.jpg

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

At around 1:50, you can see a typical F110 first start of the day. That cloud is not smoke, is fuel.

At around 8:08, during the gun strafing, check out all the dirt and dust that get thrown up by the vibration.

At 9:43, look at the aft transparency of the cockpit, you can't even see through it.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

xe_tazJMutM

Edited by Blaze

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "