Dear Eagle dynamics..... Open letter

Dear Sir/Madam

Can there be an option for changing cockpits to other aircraft in Big Shark?

For example, an option so that you can fly the Mig 25 using the Su25 cockpit graphics, or Su17 using the Su 25 cockpit etc.

I am a bit pi**ed off always having to use the Su33 cockpit all the time, so if it's a viable thing to do programming wise, it would be greatly appreciated for this feature to be available in the new simulator of BS.

Many thanks

Mizzy

PS I have no idea how to land the Su25t, it always crashes, can anyone give me a clue, I think I have already asked this question but cannot recall the answer. It is sooo sooo difficult to fly this aircraft that I am almost at the point of giving up!

Black Shark not Big Shark mate.

There is possibility right now. You don't have to wait till BS release. For example you can download mod with flyable F-16 with cockpit from F-15.

To get what you need You must only mess with LUA files. Maybe someone later will explain that for you.

A propos post scriptum:

(...) Once you have been flying this game for a while landing will be like riding a bike. Pretty soon you'll be doing it with no hands...

Practise! Practise! Practise! Don't give up. Otherwise go for arcade games. The military simulations in the future will become more and more realistic with advanced flight dynamics - just like LockOn FC.

Practice is the mother of learning indeed.

Be careful with your movements in the Su-25T because it can be quite unstable at times.

Btw, you can also try the broken-wings landing challenge of SuperKungFu's. ;)

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=17250

We have a couple of tracks there so you can see the Su-25T landing, although with a few wing parts missing. :P

PS. Never forget to deploy your drag chute or else the plane takes an age to brake.

"Where you will be reunited with an old friend...the thrill of battle." - Admiral Tolwyn, Wing Commander IV

PS I have no idea how to land the Su25t, it always crashes, can anyone give me a clue, ...
Hi Mizzy,

It is not very difficult to land Su-25T. Set your joystick curves to linear. On final approach, be easy on stick and throttle. Remember that the throttle is to be used to adjust/maintain vertical speed. The stick is to be used to adjust/maintain airspeed. Follow ILS guides and just before the touchdown, pull the throttle all the way back and let the airplane flare for a moment. And that’s it.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Black Shark not Big Shark mate.

But Mizzy is partially right - it's gonna be BIG :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, OC to 2,66 GHz), MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 250 Gb), 1,5 GB Corsair PC-3200 RAM, GeForce 7800GS 256 MB VGA (G71, OC to 535/1550 MHz, ForceWare 84.21), 2 x 300 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD (RAID 0), SB Audigy 2 ZS, 480W Thermaltake PurePower TWV PSU, Win XP SP2, MS SideWinder Precision 2, Belkin Nostromo n52 SpeedPad, HP L1902

Sorry I mean Black Shark, I have it in my mind it's Big Shark for some reason.

Thank you forum members for your help as always but it may be easy for you lot to virtually fly but for me this Su25t thingy is very hard!

As for the flying other airframes, I believe it's in the code that when you fly any other non flyable the cockpit defaults to the Su33 or the F15, I want the Su25 cockpit for my Mig 25 ;)

Mizzy

Guest ThomasDWeiss

The one thing I would like to have is a 2nd audio channel for Radio chatter, something that could easily be changed by the user, there are a lot of it in the net, so we could have it as background 'noise', that would add a lot to the missions.

Yes, that would be nice. But the file would have been too big not to be wearing thin.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, OC to 2,66 GHz), MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 250 Gb), 1,5 GB Corsair PC-3200 RAM, GeForce 7800GS 256 MB VGA (G71, OC to 535/1550 MHz, ForceWare 84.21), 2 x 300 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD (RAID 0), SB Audigy 2 ZS, 480W Thermaltake PurePower TWV PSU, Win XP SP2, MS SideWinder Precision 2, Belkin Nostromo n52 SpeedPad, HP L1902

• ED Team
nice!..but what about fm's?

Well, i just did a run with the F-16C, using the F-15C cockpit. I'm assuming i was flying with the F-15c FM, it felt that way anyway.

Oh and the best thing about it, now you can stand on the ground and not look like you're "hovering" above the runway. The wheels are where they should be ;)

Hmm....be careful GA ;) . Remember that we are testing the Black Shark beta and some aspects about it could be for development purposes only and might not be in the release version - I don't think the ability to assign cockpit/systems to AI aircraft via lua scripts is among them....but I don't know for sure ;) .

Well, i just did a run with the F-16C, using the F-15C cockpit. I'm assuming i was flying with the F-15c FM, it felt that way anyway.

No FMs are seperate from systems and remain unaltered - e.g. if you make the F-18C flyable via the meinit edit and assign the F-15C cockpit for it, you will get the associated F-15 avionics/WCS for it too but the F-18 AI flight model is retained.

Oh and the best thing about it, now you can stand on the ground and not look like you're "hovering" above the runway. The wheels are where they should be ;)

Yes and the reason for that is exactly the above :) .

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

*cough* some airfield improvements would be appreciated

Or just any new stock airfields in the other regions like Turkey, Romania, Georgia... even without terrain meshes.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Hmm....be careful GA ;) . Remember that we are testing the Black Shark beta and some aspects about it could be for development purposes only and might not be in the release version - I don't think the ability to assign cockpit/systems to AI aircraft via lua scripts is among them....but I don't know for sure ;) .

- JJ.

Hold on, you mean we may not have this feature in Black Shark! Why not?

I mean assigning a cockpit of your choice to a AI airframe isn't MI5 restricted information or code is it?

Is there anyone from ED that can clear this up please.

Mizzy

Hold on, you mean we may not have this feature in Black Shark! Why not?

There is an expanded use of lua scripts in Black Shark - partially to make it easier for the developers to implement changes and partially to allow more "modability" for the end-user, but some of this is still in an experimental stage.

I mean assigning a cockpit of your choice to a AI airframe isn't MI5 restricted information or code is it?

No it is a relatively simple script and it is working fine, so like I said, I don't think this particular feature will be removed.

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Not really interested in helo's so Black Sharks out for me at the moment. The one thing, other than improved FM's for existing planes, that would make it a worthwhile purchase would be an improved mission editor. Current ones sterile. Need some way of introducing random/conditional events to ensure

every mission does'nt play the same each time. Not a lot of work in this I believe and it would make a significant difference to playability.

Maybe if we get this we would grow to love the helo....;-)