Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 5

gregzagk

RED side please check RED HQ on the forums.

Thank you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Do you know why?

Probably the same reason why F-15s are blue and Su-27s are red.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Mirage went to blue, Fishbed to red.

So wait, us Red players are stuck between choosing the Su-27 and a plane with a dysfunctional radar scan arc?

Well, that seems perfectly fair and balanced, don't you think?

Both factions should be allowed both planes, unless you're trying to game this event in the favor a certain team. In which case, go right ahead, just don't expect people to thank you for it.

Probably the same reason why F-15s are blue and Su-27s are red.

Yeah, I assume that's the same reason the Su-25T and Ka-50 are on Blue and the A-10C is on Red. Coalition/plane options were already FUBAR. Changing the MiG-21/Mirage around doesn't substantially contribute to fixing this problem, and only has a negative effect on the current balance of Blue Flag, skewing it in the favor of a certain team that was incredibly vocal after their defeat in the previous event. I wonder who that may be?

Edited by Shively

Hey xcom,

For those of us who prefer to GCI (such as myself) are there additional tools that we can take advantage of? I've been using LotATC on the 104th server, and while it has it's own set of bugs, the system seems a lot more reliable than the current Forward Observer slot DCS has.

So wait, us Red players are stuck between choosing the Su-27 and a plane with a dysfunctional radar scan arc?

Well, that seems perfectly fair and balanced, don't you think?

Both factions should be allowed both planes, unless you're trying to game this event in the favor a certain team. In which case, go right ahead, just don't expect people to thank you for it.

Yeah, I assume that's the same reason the Su-25T and Ka-50 are on Blue and the A-10C is on Red. Coalition/plane options were already FUBAR. Changing the MiG-21/Mirage around doesn't substantially contribute to fixing this problem, and only has a negative effect on the current balance of Blue Flag, skewing it in the favor of a certain team that was incredibly vocal after their defeat in the previous event. I wonder who that may be?

It wasn't my decision to restrict these two planes to it's respective sides and I can only guess why it happened. Having said that, I'm generaly in favour of restricting planes to different sides (or even countries). While this is not a huge problem gameplaywise for the FC3 planes it is problemativ for the ground attack aircrafts, especially for the KA-50 since it has no counter part on blue side (Gazelle might change that).

Now the splitting of the MiG-21/M2000 ranks somewhere between. I can understand your issue with that decision. I'm also not totally happy with that decision, but mainly because I like to fly the MiG-21 and less because of balancing. But again, I can totally understand your problem.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Translators

Yeah we can only speculate why they put Mirage on BLUE side. But both options I have in mind still doesn't work well, even if we assume MiG-21 will be fixed before round start:

1) They decided to put Mirage on BLUE side because of whole country setting, lol OK! So let's put KA-50 on RED only, Su-25T on RED only. A-10C on BLUE only.... And mi-8 RED, huey BLUE...

Where is logic in that...

2) THey decided to put Mirage on BLUE side because it has counterpart like MiG-21 on RED side. Again I don't see logic in that.

Counterpart of MiG-21 is Mirage F1!

Counterpart of Mirage 2000C is MiG-29!

:dunno:

AKA LazzySeal

Yeah we can only speculate why they put Mirage on BLUE side. But both options I have in mind still doesn't work well, even if we assume MiG-21 will be fixed before round start:

1) They decided to put Mirage on BLUE side because of whole country setting, lol OK! So let's put KA-50 on RED only, Su-25T on RED only. A-10C on BLUE only.... And mi-8 RED, huey BLUE...

2) THey decided to put Mirage on BLUE side because it has counterpart like MiG-21 on RED side. Again I don't see logic in that.

Counterpart of MiG-21 is Mirage F1!

Counterpart of Mirage 2000C is MiG-29!

:dunno:

Agree with you and Shively.

on

1. Ka-50 - it's the only attack helicopter available in DCS ATM. If there was a counterpart available from "Blue" countries we could all bet that both sides would have dedicated aircrafts. One option to have a kind of "asymetrical" balance would be removing Ka-50 from Blue side and A10-C from Red.

2. Su-25T - A - it’s the only one playable aircraft in DCS capable of carrying anti radar missiles. B - Only 3 prototypes and 8 production Su-25T were build. On the other hand Georgia operates Su-25 as also had produced it on its own. Additionally there are other countries in NATO that are using it. So there are enough arguments for having it on both sides.

3. A10-C - there may be some arguments to have it on the RED side but it's to some extend questionable to have it there.

4. Mi-8 - only on RED?... One of the most widely produced and operated helicopter... used also by many countries being part of NATO... sorry but no argument to have it only on Soviet block countries.

• Like 1

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Mirage and MIG on opposite sides is good for IFF but I don't see the MiG being effective at all in this 120/ER/ET scenario, whilst the Mirage can just about hold its own. This would make much more sense in an 80s environment.

Removing Ka50 from Blue and A10 from Red would make sense to me.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Mirage and MIG on opposite sides is good for IFF but I don't see the MiG being effective at all in this 120/ER/ET scenario, whilst the Mirage can just about hold its own. This would make much more sense in an 80s environment.

Removing Ka50 from Blue and A10 from Red would make sense to me.

Mig21, even the m2000 to some extent should not cost lives. "along with the hawk and L39"

Mig21 does very well with enhanced models. but atm both the m2000 and the mig21 radars are broken.

Why you guys are debating about the "fair" and "balance", while the campaign has already massive balance issue from player count and quality. You can't get things 1:1 fair, or you rather go play Tennis Simulator.

Having A-10, Su-25T and Ka-50 on restricted side could be fun to test, instead of staying in the "this not gonna be balanced" speculation. That'll make a nice assymetric scenraio with one side having very good helis, and one side having good planes. :)

As per "X or Y" country has X or Y plane justifying their assignment to both side, this could apply in a 2000ish scenario, but not in a warsaw pact/Nato pact scenario where those country had not flipped their vest yet.

Per all the complain i see on internet, they is a lot of folks wants this kind of scenario. Still, no need to be sad, BuddySpike team is actually making their best to have everyone happy by having several bluflag variant so it may eventually happen :)

There is no logic. Just war :gun_smilie:

On a serious note, our will is to provide different concepts and scenarios each time in order to "force" both sides to adapt to new situations. This should lead to better training and help improve our flight sim skills.

We mostly try to balance stuff like player numbers and features. For example we have SU-25T's in both side as they are the only module for now, able to fire SEAD missiles. Our plan is to separate A-10C's/SU-25T's also on a next Blue Flag campaign in which SEAD missions won't be against Long range Ground radars.

So let's hope for the best concept choice and prepare for the worst. :)

tumblr_njqe76RH0v1rrx588o1_500.gif

• Like 1

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

• ED Translators
There is no logic. Just war :gun_smilie:

On a serious note, our will is to provide different concepts and scenarios each time in order to "force" both sides to adapt to new situations. This should lead to better training and help improve our flight sim skills.

We mostly try to balance stuff like player numbers and features. For example we have SU-25T's in both side as they are the only module for now, able to fire SEAD missiles. Our plan is to separate A-10C's/SU-25T's also on a next Blue Flag campaign in which SEAD missions won't be against Long range Ground radars.

So let's hope for the best concept choice and prepare for the worst. :)

tumblr_njqe76RH0v1rrx588o1_500.gif

It is a point. But do you consider current state of module? MiG-21 is broken now, and until patch it is not an asset. You picked nice timing to do that separation ;) (sarcasm)

1. Ka-50 - it's the only attack helicopter available in DCS ATM. If there was a counterpart available from "Blue" countries we could all bet that both sides would have dedicated aircrafts. One option to have a kind of "asymetrical" balance would be removing Ka-50 from Blue side and A10-C from Red.

2. Su-25T - A - it’s the only one playable aircraft in DCS capable of carrying anti radar missiles. B - Only 3 prototypes and 8 production Su-25T were build. On the other hand Georgia operates Su-25 as also had produced it on its own. Additionally there are other countries in NATO that are using it. So there are enough arguments for having it on both sides.

3. A10-C - there may be some arguments to have it on the RED side but it's to some extend questionable to have it there.

4. Mi-8 - only on RED?... One of the most widely produced and operated helicopter... used also by many countries being part of NATO... sorry but no argument to have it only on Soviet block countries.

You did comment all my points using logic. But why not comment my point about MiG-21 not being a counterpart for M2000C at all (mig-29 is)?

• Like 1

AKA LazzySeal

lmao anyone who argues that no model enlargement is the most realistic obviously has never been in a real aircraft

no one is trying to argue that fact it's for balance.

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

no one is trying to argue that fact it's for balance.

Trust me mate, there are people arguing it should be off for realism too. I agree it's shitty that it can be exploited but that's down to how incompetently implemented it is.

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the enlargement thing is mandatory

cute-dog-funny-glasses-pet-Favim.com-42794.jpg.9526efa66263d82d4045b1045d3c0670.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Trust me mate, there are people arguing it should be off for realism too. I agree it's shitty that it can be exploited but that's down to how incompetently implemented it is.

Well, they are saying that it is exploitable in a way that lets you see things unrealisticly, therefore they want it "off FOR realism". That does not mean however that anyone is saying the setting itsself represents reality, it just resembles it the most atm (;

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

Well, they are saying that it is exploitable in a way that lets you see things unrealisticly, therefore they want it "off FOR realism". (;

I believe they want to off so that unscrupulous folks cant exploit it, not for realism. I have my fingers crossed that there will be a fix/update for IC and maybe even a fix for this exploit tomorrow with an update. If there is a fix for this exploit then the enlargement will be turned to small, at least that's how I understand it.

JD

AKA_MattE