Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 5

gregzagk

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Server is lagging really hard, can't load crates etc

My system:

Intel Core i7 4770K@3.5Ghz, 16Gb Crucial 1600mhz DDR3, MSI GTX660 Gaming, Scythe Mugen 4, Samung 850 EVO 500GB, Fractal Design Define R4, WD Green 2TB, Windows 10

TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Rudders

DCS:

A10C, UH-1, F15C

"When everything seem to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it..."

Henry Ford

Any possibility to add limited Airplanes? Not just 4 pilots per player( I find that too much..)

but actual limitations.

Of course by destroying or capturing special targets either side would gather or loose Airplanes.

Makes it more of a strategic war then a tactical dogfight...

Just my 2 cents

oh, following this thread is becoming more and more difficult :)

had to read 10 pages back to catch up!

A "little" hint on our next variant of Blue Flag (Will not affect the currently running variant) -

mustang-14.jpg

Screen_140828_162403.png_Thumbnail0.jpg

Screen_140218_214150.jpg_Thumbnail0.jpg

Edited by xcom

A "little" hint on our next variant of Blue Flag (Will not affect the currently running variant) -

That's great news! Although I prefer jet aircraft in general it is nice to have some variety. Looking forward to it!

I guess I'll have to switch to REDFOR then :D

Flight times will increase though (unless you were flying the A-10 or choppers ;)) and might be a problem with the german aircraft and their small fuel loads. Additionally we won't have helicopters.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Guess I have to buy my first prop module then - sry for offtopic, is there coming any Russian prop birds anytime soon, or at all to DCS ?

Nothing planned AFAIK. Only western (including german) prop birds are in the works, but many of them! LNS might make some japanese WW2 birds in the future after their F4U Corsair.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I got no idea why the video doesnt work, heres the link: https://youtu.be/w48wF8IRvtw

0xDEADBEEF - when you copy the link for the youtube URL, just copy the jibberish (sorry don't know the real name) at the end of the URL (after the "=" sign) then click the youtube button and paste just the jibberish.

Should look like this:

[Y0UTUBE]w48wF8IRvtw[/Y0UTUBE] - Fixed above in your quote. ;)

[sIGPIC]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/JINX1391/jinx%20f99th%20sig_zps2hgu4xsl.png[/sIGPIC]

"90% of the people who actually got to fly the F/A-18C

module there (E3 2017) have never even heard of DCS

or are otherwise totally undeserving pieces of trash."

-Pyromanic4002

Thanks guys !

I really hope that LN bring both sides to the table with their pacific map - Both have carrier capable and their designs/tactics are very different from one another.

Nothing planned AFAIK. Only western (including german) prop birds are in the works, but many of them! LNS might make some japanese WW2 birds in the future after their F4U Corsair.

Actually I remember now seeing a video with that I-16 last summer or something - But I can't see how a I-16 can pose a threat for any late WWII airplane. Lets hope for early 1940 war announcements so the I-16 can stomp the emils and antons iirc.

There is an I-16 in development by a modding team:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2663772&postcount=145

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Once again explain how IRL attack pilots use zoom? From the several I know personally it amounts to looking out and using the mk1 eyeball not binos. Can you get that thru your thick skull? I can play that game too. By the way you can see fine without zooming at monitor resolution, you just need to a.look harder or b. know where to look.

Sure, they are looking through a small window that pixelates and reduces the size of everything.

I will believe it.

Right after I buy the idea of rainbow coloured pixies throwing acid fueled parties in my computer case to keep the magic pictures moving on my monitor.

You are looking at a downscaled 2D representation of the real world via low detail objects (compared to reality) and a restricted fov.

Take a picture of your room from one corner. Make it the wallpaper on your desktop.

Compare the two.

Don't even try to tell me it's the same.

mustang-14.jpg

Screen_140828_162403.png_Thumbnail0.jpg

Screen_140218_214150.jpg_Thumbnail0.jpg

I knew it, I did ask Greg hope you get this up and running soon, With the P-40 and spitfire, Will be great success :thumbup:

So no one have the same bug than me about the M2000C ?....

I might have the same one if I'd only know what bug you're talking about.

Tornado3 small.jpg

I've talk about it yesterday, I'm unable to load the center fuel tank....

Hey guys, Iv'e got a really annoying bug on this server (and only on this), I can't load a center fuel tank on the Mirage 2000C, 'cause the fuel tank is anavailable for the point 5 of this plane. But this occur just for me and when a frien take my plane he can load the center fuel tank....

Here is a screen:

1456165641-screen-160222-191222.jpg

Thanks in advance for your answers.

There have been multiple posts this round about the FUEL system, can we have any feedback by admin team about our feedback please? :D

Again, this is really frustrating, I did 3 fuel runs on Nalchik today and its down to 250 again, next time I will have to spawn at BE-TL FARP... PLEASE hotfix this, this is not a job I get paid RL money for. I should not have to WORK this campaign. :)

This mechanic as it is now, is pure frustration, I have done countless of refueling flights and it doesn't feel like I have accomplished anything at all. There is no accountability, I can't see who used how much fuel, when and for what.

Blue&Red frustrated trans please back me up on this. For blueside, sorry guys, but unless an airfield is on the way to the front I won't move a single crate until there is some kind of change to this. /ragerant

edit: Anyway, not done, I gotta question the whole idea of the system. Unlike the Pilot-live system which gives the player penalty for retarded behaviour (getting killed), in the current Fuel-sytem the whole TEAM is getting a huge penalty for having retarded players/randoms who die/waste a lot of fuel. I can shoot the enemy team attacking my airfield and defend it.I can't defend against random, not communicating, unaware (lives&fuel) teammates who waste my fuel. :P

Also I gotta ask, do the 'endless chopper'-spawns drain the fuel amount of airfields aswell? I am stumped how all this ****ing fuel is getting lost.

Okay really done ranting now. :P Thx for your time

Apo

Edited by ApoNOOB

• ED Translators
There have been multiple posts this round about the FUEL system, can we have any feedback by admin team about our feedback please? :D

Again, this is really frustrating, I did 3 fuel runs on Nalchik today and its down to 250 again, next time I will have to spawn at BE-TL FARP... PLEASE hotfix this, this is not a job I get paid RL money for. I should not have to WORK this campaign. :)

This mechanic as it is now, is pure frustration, I have done countless of refueling flights and it doesn't feel like I have accomplished anything at all. There is no accountability, I can't see who used how much fuel, when and for what.

Blue&Red frustrated trans please back me up on this. For blueside, sorry guys, but unless an airfield is on the way to the front I won't move a single crate until there is some kind of change to this. /ragerant

edit: Anyway, not done, I gotta question the whole idea of the system. Unlike the Pilot-live system which gives the player penalty for retarded behaviour (getting killed), in the current Fuel-sytem the whole TEAM is getting a huge penalty for having retarded players/randoms who die/waste a lot of fuel. I can shoot the enemy team attacking my airfield and defend it.I can't defend against random, not communicating, unaware (lives&fuel) teammates who waste my fuel. :P

Also I gotta ask, do the 'endless chopper'-spawns drain the fuel amount of airfields aswell? I am stumped how all this ****ing fuel is getting lost.

Okay really done ranting now. :P Thx for your time

Apo

"PLEASE hotfix this, this is not a job I get paid RL money for. I should not have to WORK this campaign."

This is campaign mechanic, if you don't like role, don't participate. If you tired take a break. You are right, you should not have WORK this campaign, neither Blue Flag admins asking you to work it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"teammates who waste my fuel." How it's your fuel? It's look a little selfish... Try to tell that to all BLUE guys, I'm sure they will agree not to take YOUR fuel, just in case you will blame them for that. You can count all fuel you have brought and make a bill for them...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"retarded players/randoms who die/waste a lot of fuel" Lonewolfs trying to participate in popular DCS event, PLEASE DON'T CALL them RETARDED, as we all were there, we all started somewhere. You registered as lonewolf or as squadron member?

AKA LazzySeal

^ It's okay actually :) I work hard trying to improve after each time I get my butt handed to me. my goal is to become good enough to apply for a squadron while feeling I have something to give that sqaudron, instead of costing them time and effort learning me the basics :D Like I would never join a football team if I did not know how to run or kick the ball around as a teamplayer ^^ Operation BlueFlag is a great medium to reach such a goal and to build a network of friends (and enemies xD)

I think the current fuel system is great and only ad realism. Forces team to communicate and work together. There are many roles to play and you should not feel forced to be the guy constantly doing fuel runs, that is a team spirit problem, not a game mechanic problem. (Can't wait to I get the credit card back from my wife secret hiding place so I can spend some £ on a MI-8)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Translators
^ It's okay actually :) I work hard trying to improve after each time I get my butt handed to me. my goal is to become good enough to apply for a squadron while feeling I have something to give that sqaudron, instead of costing them time and effort learning me the basics :D Like I would never join a football team if I did not know how to run or kick the ball around as a teamplayer ^^ Operation BlueFlag is a great medium to reach such a goal and to build a network of friends (and enemies xD)

I think the current fuel system is great and only ad realism. Forces team to communicate and work together. There are many roles to play and you should not feel forced to be the guy constantly doing fuel runs, that is a team spirit problem, not a game mechanic problem. (Can't wait to I get the credit card back from my wife secret hiding place so I can spend some £ on a MI-8)

Hit me with message if you ever need Mi-8 advice. I know thing or two...

AKA LazzySeal