Battleships Bismark.

Markindel

Link for download Roma Italian Battleship, Littorio Class.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1844207/

My next job, american battleship "North Carolina".

Vlg2A2Rl.jpg

VJBouKwl.jpg

LLwkt1bl.jpg

Insane buddy! awesome work. Whatever you create and push, I'll download the mod and add! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

CAUTION:

every time that the DCS performs an update to our simulator you need to check the backup file that is created.

If, in the backup file you will find the folder "Sound \ Sounders \ GroundUnits \ WeaponSystem \ Tools" that contains the files:

- AutoGunSounds.lua

- CannonSounds.lua

It means that the sim update has eliminated the changes related to the roar of the cannons of Battleships.

To hear again these roar of cannons you need to reset the two lua files.

Take them out from the backup folder and copy them to the SIM folder.

Excuse me if I was not very clear but I'm Italian and I do not know English very well.

Hi Markindel,

It looks like these Autocannon.lua and CannonSounds.lua files are different for each ship, I think that the Roma includes the Hood and the Bismarck set up but not the other way around. So if you load these mods in the wrong order you will lose/ruin the sound from between 1 and 2 of the ships (I could easily be wrong but that is what I believe) depending on whether you load Hood or Bismarck last. You may want to merge these files so it doesn't matter in order the user loads them to avoid issues being reported to you. IE so they all have all the entries for Hood, Bismarck and Roma.

The other thing I noticed which I wanted to ask you about is that when comparing to the current stock DCS files I see the new entries for the ships as expected but I also see that there seems to be changes in your versions to some of the sound entries higher up in the file like howitzer_M185 has a different start_reload and end_reload, same for tank_gun_105mm and howitzer_2A18 also gets a different sound for the shot. There are a few more with similar changes. Anyway I just wondered if that was deliberate and required to get the ships to work right or if you started the mods a long time ago and accidently used an old Autocannon.lua and CannonSounds.lua as a base?

I don't have a problem either way but wanted to know so if doing a ground war style mission I can disable your mods to get back the normal tank sounds or if you accidently used an old file I can just update your new ship entries into a copy of stock so everything works without enabling/disabling mods.

Thanks again for your great work, these ships really look great in game.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Edited by Stonehouse

Hi Markindel,

It looks like these Autocannon.lua and CannonSounds.lua files are different for each ship, I think that the Roma includes the Hood and the Bismarck set up but not the other way around. So if you load these mods in the wrong order you will lose/ruin the sound from between 1 and 2 of the ships (I could easily be wrong but that is what I believe) depending on whether you load Hood or Bismarck last. You may want to merge these files so it doesn't matter in order the user loads them to avoid issues being reported to you. IE so they all have all the entries for Hood, Bismarck and Roma.

The other thing I noticed which I wanted to ask you about is that when comparing to the current stock DCS files I see the new entries for the ships as expected but I also see that there seems to be changes in your versions to some of the sound entries higher up in the file like howitzer_M185 has a different start_reload and end_reload, same for tank_gun_105mm and howitzer_2A18 also gets a different sound for the shot. There are a few more with similar changes. Anyway I just wondered if that was deliberate and required to get the ships to work right or if you started the mods a long time ago and accidently used an old Autocannon.lua and CannonSounds.lua as a base?

I don't have a problem either way but wanted to know so if doing a ground war style mission I can disable your mods to get back the normal tank sounds or if you accidently used an old file I can just update your new ship entries into a copy of stock so everything works without enabling/disabling mods.

Thanks again for your great work, these ships really look great in game.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Hi Stonehouse.

I am responsible for editing the lua code for the weapons systems and the sounder code for these mods.

For the first point, indeed the prior mods will have to be updated with the same files. The same will be said for the North Carolina when released.

As for the second point of your post, those changes were artifacts from my own personal modding that slipped in for some reason that I can't remember. My apologies for this mistake. I'll go ahead and have them returned to default.

Thanks for your input. :)

Edited by Cadarth
grammer

Salute! :3

• 2 weeks later...

... thanks for all your hard work markindel. Love it!

What would it take to sweet talk you into wrapping B17/He111 around an existing AI plane/bomber?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Hi dooom.

About 2 years ago I tried to do this Junker 88, only AI.

Discreet damage-model although it should be improved.

Unfortunately I am not very good with the lua files.

I do not know how to animate the turrets of the aircraft.

As soon as I can I'll do the tests, but for now I'm busy with other work.

I hope you find it useful.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mjj7sldb28cmlwc/N3D-JU-88.zip

I think you just made several people's day much better with that link Markindel :)

Thank you!

<edit> PS Big thank you to Cadarth too.

Works so far

Hi dooom.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.3dd6a14aed69f1e0c1e8d564f3815c90.jpg

Edited by Stonehouse
Pic

Hi dooom.

What?! Whoa! Wow!!! thanks! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

oh

my

god....

~thank you soooo much!~ THIS is exactly what us prop heads have been desperate to see...

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

The Junker88 deserves its own thread!

• 2 weeks later...
Link for download Roma Italian Battleship, Littorio Class.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1844207/

My next job, american battleship "North Carolina".

Vlg2A2Rl.jpg

VJBouKwl.jpg

LLwkt1bl.jpg

Great job on these ships! Thank you for making and sharing them.

Im thinking of making a desert storm mission and using this as a stand in for the Iowa and Wisconson ( along w/ the George Busch/F-18 mod).

Im just currious if theres anyway to get them to fire inland? (Even if it cant its going to look very cool in the task force.:thumbup:

Waiting by my bait shipyards the Japanese aircraft carrier Shinano my new A6M-2 Zero is forced to use the supercarrier Stennis, a "small" anachronism.

The mod uses the cockpit of the P51D and is equipped with locking hook. I modified lua files to make the operating fighter from aircraft carriers. Unfortunately as plane boarded only it works as AI. This is a limitation imposed by the DCS DLL.

The damage model at the end of the work will be detailed enough, for now it's all in wip.

gjb6KJTl.jpg

yJf3OaTl.jpg

4dRE6iCl.jpg

J9gHgQvl.jpg

JV9chJzl.jpg

hgoyUj6l.jpg

• Like 2

Just in time (well close enough) for the P40F - thank you Markindel. Most of the virtual squadron I fly with just won't look at jets beyond the Korean war so mods like this mean that we can all fly as a group and that the missions we can try are much closer to what we want to fly. Each one really helps when someone in the community allows us to make use of them.

Cool, thank you for the Zero! You need to make a separate thread for each of your goodies! They deserve it. :-)

Oh my God ¡¡¡¡

If you are able to release the Zero without making us to wait to much it could be awesome.

Thanks Markindel.

Fantastic work as always

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4