**MiG-21 Changelog 5/2/2016**

Cobra847

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belsimtek`s modules are stable and always were. I`m don`t care what happens behind the scenes, who is wright or wrong. I payed money, i want stable product. Oh, i almost forgot about activation, none other DCS module gives such headake.

Edited by demon84

Belsimtek`s modules are stable and always were. I`m don`t care what happens behind the scenes, who is wright or wrong. I payed money, i want stable product. Oh, i almost forgot about activation, none other DCS module gives such headake.

And they've tried to remedy that, handing out new activations.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

If there are errors in the module MiG-21bis Eagle Dynamics automatically refers to Leatherneck .. So, where is the problem. There are opinions that the error correction on the MiG-21 Bis hampering the development of the F-14 Tomcat. In a few months it will be the same with the F-14 Tomcat, such as the MiG-21bis today. Again I ask, where is the problem. Why deal with the new module when the old is not functional. Not exactly a good reference that developers are interested in quality instead of money, as they write. DCS World coming updates will all equally or worse. Return to Flaminng Cliffs 3, or select another simulator.

<White Tiger>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Stop getting or being nervous.

DCS is a moving platform. It's currently moving very quickly.

The price everyone (including us) pays for this is the expectance of a few things to happen:

• New fixes and builds to be made available for all aircraft

• New bugs to inevitably appear

• New bugs to get fixed

• New bugs to inevitably appear

• Repeat to infinity

Well, the problem is that to the astonishment of the community promises which define the quality standard of your product are not kept. I am not going to talk about the ongoing issues with the radar or the ASP as that was indeed mentioned a million times.

For example, let us take a look at the annoying incomplete cockpit lighting. Every other 3rd party module has a this as a more or less finished feature. Most of them also do from the beginning. We are still waiting for a working animation in the MiG-21 to this day...

Or let us talk about the realistic soundset which was promised a few times in the past. Where is this feature?

How do you as LN´s community manager explain that to us as the potential buyers of future LN products? I hope you understand that people are starting to feel a little let down...

• Like 1

How do you as LN´s community manager explain that to us as the potential buyers of future LN products? I hope you understand that people are starting to feel a little let down...

Yeah, no. I do not understand.

Progress has been palpable in every area of the module, both visually and functionally. Barring unfortunate new issues/bugs which are despite our best efforts, inevitable.

Just because the features you are most looking forward to are not done yet, is not an indicator of overall satisfaction.

For example, let us take a look at the annoying incomplete cockpit lighting. Every other 3rd party module has a this as a more or less finished feature.

And how many lack a campaign or training missions? These kinds of comparisons are redicilous.

The MiG-21 is a very complete product. If you feel cheated by the lack of timely, non critical improvements, then that is quite unfortunate indeed.

We are working as hard and as fast as we possibly can. That means 12h+ days and weekends. There are no shortcuts.

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 2

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• ED Team

Even though I am not a software developer I know it just really takes time to develop such complex piece of software like this. Sometimes it is just not matter of days but weeks. So take your time for most blocking bugs which we have to fix.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

Why u say that? I m pretty sure they updated that part. Mig has way different sound than any module

Mig-21 Headbutter

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

Module really miss realistic sound. Some AI aircraft DCS World after the update have better external sound than the MiG-21bis. :pilotfly:

I agree. The sounds, especially external sounds, seem very generic atm.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

We are still waiting for a working animation in the MiG-21 to this day...

As a customer, I am far more satisfied with Leatherneck's choice of development priorities over, say, BST. Leatherneck, at least, seems to be interested in providing us with comprehensive training missions, detailed operator's manuals, and rapid response to critical bugs.

Honestly, I'd rather not have all the fancy cockpit lighting animations than not have a manual.

Module really miss realistic sound. Some AI aircraft DCS World after the update have better external sound than the MiG-21bis. :pilotfly:

should be noted that at the moment, at least in openbeta and alpha (don't know about stable version), the external sounds of the mig21 are bugged and not represent the full potential. there are engine sounds missing etc.

reported by various people.

I have been trying to fix the infamous stutter spike for clients when first MiG-21 client joins multiplayer session by adding static MiG-21 object in same skin for preload at the beginning of the mission and there is still a stutter spike.

I hope true dedicated server fixes this, but also MiG-21 receives a lot of peformance optimizations still.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I agree. The sounds, especially external sounds, seem very generic atm.

I'd say so yes but only regarding external sounds, which are indeed not good imo. Cockpit sounds on the other hand, feel very authentic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Earlier i was able to map the different asp-switches to different Switches on my throttle... but now i can only map the toggle function to one direction of my throttle-Switch...

Why?

It is really annoying... espacially due to the fact it worked perfectly months ago:joystick::joystick:...

so for everyone to understand:

don´t let the opposite asp-functions of one asp-switch beeing greyed out in the preferences...

That's because it uses the default Su-25 external sounds

Really???? That's a pretty big let down, the module has been out for a good while..

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Gentlemen, it's getting worse. After the new update does not work again: optical sight - not target destination via IR missile. Targeted tone IR signals off target. Chaff and flares again not work. The alarm SPO-10 does not signal properly. External sound is not working properly. The module becomes completely dysfunctional .. with the arrival of more and more updates..

gentlemans just go on !!!

Goodbye LN MiG-21Bis :doh: :megalol:

<White Tiger>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Indeed it's back to the hangar for the 21 again! No launch tone for R3r, can't launch R3R as part of a mixed pair, countermeasures not working, gun solution for ground target falling well short, weapon selector still absolute rather than preference, Jammer mostly inop. :(

optical sight - not target destination via IR missile.

Check your special settings.

Chaff and flares again not work.

Cannot reproduce.

The alarm SPO-10 does not signal properly.

It signals properly. This has been logged in patchnotes and explained multiple times already.

External sound is not working properly. The module becomes completely dysfunctional..

Fixed. Available in next update.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Check your special settings.

Cannot reproduce.

It signals properly. This has been logged in patchnotes and explained multiple times already.

Fixed. Available in next update.

Can you describe the new RWR behavior? I know IRL you're supposed to see the RWR lights flickering more and more when locked, and only all 4 lights when up close, but...

...I ran a test map (MiG-21 on the ocean, SAM site on the other end) with different SAMs and even when I seemed to be locked, I'd only get the scan warnings unless I was close.

I didn't hear the beeps rise in frequency or anything, just the search radar spikes while I was locked.

This was happening on steam, by the way.

Can someone make a video of the new behavior?

Any changelog for us this week??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB