My First Lock On Movie

Hey everyone, I've been around here for a while and finally thought I'd register to share my video.

Like many others my inspiration came from watching movies created by other members here such as Glowing Amraam so thanks for that ;) lol. I must also apologise to GhostRider for using the same music as in his Movie "War". This wasn't intentional and I only realised when I was nearly finished.

Also, it doesn't really have a title simply because I could not think of one that I liked lol. Maybe someone here can come up with a suggestion for one?

Comments/suggestions/improvements on the video would be very welcome but remember it's my first attempt so try not to be too harsh lol.

Here ya go... Lock On Movie

Cheers. :)

• Like 1

FoxOnesigversion3.jpg

Hey [sFA]Bigboom, S! Excellent movie. Liked the music definatly went with the mood of the video. Expecially liked the fact that you added the B-1 in there. Not very many movies out there that actually have the B-1 in them. Shots were great. One thing that i was a little picky about was at one point there was alot of nothing. When you were flashing in between a/c. There was just alittle to much blank space in there IMO. Other then that loved the movie. Keep em coming. S!

• ED Team

That was a nice movie, and considering its your first, you did a pretty good job. Nice timing with the music as well for most of the time.

But, try to reduce the length of the "black" spaces, where nothing is going on, and also, turn "subtitles" OFF so we dont see "pull up" or whatever pop up in the left corner.

Keep'em coming ;)

Nice and dramatic, and even though the black spaces were a tad long at times, the vid fit well with the music.

Definately made me want to fly again ^^

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Thanks for the comments everyone. It's definately encouraged me to make some more some time in the future.

I only noticed the "pull up" when the video was completed and I thought well "Hmmm, maybe nobody will notice". I guess not lol. In fact that was probably the only scene where I flew the thing myself. I guess you could say I don't do my own stunts lol. Is it natural to like making movies more than actually flying lol?

Looking back I also agree with the comments about there being too much of nothing. That will be something I will try to correct if I make any more.

I found sound effects to be a big no no with this piece lol. They just didn't seem to work well with some of the faster moving scenes and choice of music. I also struggled with a lot of camera angles due to the fact that mouselook doesn't work with Lock On 1.02 (even with the fix).

Also, this was done on a very low end system (which you can probably tell here and there) so a lot of the scenes had to be recorded at 1/4 or 1/8th speed. Hope it shows people that you don't need a high quality machine to make decent movies.

FoxOnesigversion3.jpg

I guess Requiem for a dream theme is getting popular. :P

Hehe, no need to apologise, since I don't own the music rights or something like that. ;)

Anyways. a nice movie with some nice shots! :D

Dunno why, I started laughing on the Flanker scene that stopped right before hitting the tower...it was quite an "oh crap!" moment. ;)

"Where you will be reunited with an old friend...the thrill of battle." - Admiral Tolwyn, Wing Commander IV

Nice try for the first movie.

I'd like to point out some things. I've noticed you recorded many scenes with basic haze. Use adv.haze, it just looks so much better.

Also don't forget about anti-aliasing.

The entire video footage is dark, I had to turn up brightness in video player to make it look good. Something went wrong when you rendered wmv file?

There are too many fadeouts into black, and way to many then long black gaps. Use them they way like you'd start a new chapter in a story, not like after every single shot.

You have some good camera shots there. I pretty much don't like Requiem's soundtrack so I watched your movie with my own tekno b.s.

What's up with that Su-27 flying straight into ATC tower? :huh:

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Thanks for the comments shamandgg and GhostRider. Like I mentioned earlier I have a low-end system (and I mean really low end lol) so I usually play Lock On with just the bare minimum settings. In certain scenes I forgot to turn the settings back up hence the basic haze. My system was also a problem for anti-aliasing and in the end I decided to give it a miss. I will probably try to make scenes full quality in future videos.

The reason the footage is dark is because I tweaked the Brightness and Contrast a bit while editing. I guess I simply over-tweaked it lol. Plus I didn't like the idea of having sunrise scenes followed immediately by midday scenes.

The fadeout seems to be the first thing people have a problem with. It didn't seem so bad while editing yet when watching it back I can see why everyone feels I over did it a little.

Don't ask about the Su-27 lol. The music just stopped suddenly and I wanted the footage to too. Couldn't think of anything else so I just thought I'd ram the thing into a control tower lol. I wanted it to feel like people were missing out on something by stoppoing it so suddenly. Why I had to do that with some mad Russian on a suicide mission I don't know lol.

FoxOnesigversion3.jpg

GREAT movie! Great music integrated into the action. My favorite scene is where the camera shows the truck driving on that road and in the background you can see the bombs continuing to hit das industrie complex.

Didn't see that before! Cooool!

Greetings

krel01

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]