The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

1. I bought FC3 and in training menu for FC3 there are VDO training tracks only for Su-27. I download VDO training for F-15C from the menu but there is no training track for F-15C added in the training menu.

2. My friend bought F-15C and had F-15C training track in the training menu but when he bought FC3 later the training track for F-15C disappear.

3. If my friend can reinstall the F-15C VDO training track from this utility means that this VDO training track will only available to one who bought F-15C but not available to one who bought FC3 even though F-15C is include in FC3. Why?

This Utility is merely for download / management,

Files and their affiliation are not part of the utility,

That being said,

The Video Training Modules are being Phased out IIRC, you can no longer download the EXE installers for them, and the ones through the module manager are simply video files you can open in a Video Player and Watch.

They are Not Actual Missions.

Videos will be located in : DCS World/Mods/aircraft/F-15C/Missions/EN/Training/

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Expected Version next week or week after, as I said, this was an extensive re-write of underlying code,

Essentially the entire code was deleted, and re-written maintaining only the graphics layout etc.

The Original Code was pretty much not setup to include some of the more advanced functions being integrated at this point.

(as I didnt think I'd be expanding functionality this far).

So the Delay is trying to test each function as much as possible as I integrate others for future use.

While We are on the Subject of Future Use:

Eventually the Window Size will Increase, and to FullHD Resolution (1080p) Minimum.

I've been putting it off and trying to condense and give the option to shrink the window for lower resolution displays, but I cannot continue keeping the window sub 1080P for Long, especially as the new modules continue to roll in for Fixed Wing, Rotary Wing, Terrains, and Tech.

Eventually Adv Panel will be Merged into main window and Video Training will be merged at that point as well, so space is going to be needed.

Preliminary Change Log for Next Version So Far:

-Re Coded the Underlying Path Control from Current Path Only to an Advanced Dim Array that Includes Current Path and 5 User Controlled Paths

-Re Coded Parent Form and Children Forms (Adv. Panel and Video Training Panel) to Inherit Values from parent Form Dim Array.

-Re Coded Each Button to use New Dim Array Control

-Re Coded DCS Updater / Install Detection Script to Scan Current Folder on Boot Up and User Set Paths

-Re Coded Verify Access to DCS Updater Button to Scan Current Folder and User Set Paths

-Removed Message Box Pop Ups on Launch and Re-Detect DCS Updater Button

-Re Coded Module Detection Script to Scan Current Folder on Launch, and Selected Build when Re-Detect Button is Clicked.

-Removed Code to disable buttons if module is installed or if DCS.exe/DCS Updater.exe isnt detected.

(Buttons will not function without a Build Selected from the Drop down Menu/Dim Array, and Builds will only show in the menu if detected, so No need to disable buttons)

-Added Red/Green Indicator Lights for Each Module to Show Presence

(note these only detect if a module's entry is installed, it does not verify integrity of Module Files)

-Added 5 Labeled Text Boxes and 5 Browse Buttons for User to Browse for Install Path or Copy/Paste Path (Release, Open Beta, Open Alpha, Custom #1, Custom #2)

-Added Red/Green Indicator Lights for Current Folder and User Specified Paths

-Added Version Display for Current Folder and Each User Specified Path

-Enabled User Settings in EXE

(App Will Save Contents of User Path Text Boxes on exit, Note, Moving/Updating App will delete settings, Settings are stored in default VB User Settings Location, I'm working on debugging/adding command to update settings)

-Added a Save Button w/ Save Command to save settings, as sometimes it does not save on exit.

-Re-Enabled Single Instance Only restriction.

(There's no need to have multiple instances running since user can control all builds from one EXE, Also keeps user from Accidently launching multiple instances when app is Minimized.)

-Fixed Mis-Link to DRM EXE for a few Campaigns (Folder Paths Changed since the campaigns were released)

-Added Model Viewer Launch Button (Launches Model Viewer of Current Build)(Was asked about and is easily added)

-Added Uninstall Button for Video Training Modules

-Module Button Graphics Refined again (v4.0), Icons appear cleaner, no shadows and beveled edges etc. (Will post Screenshot once it's done)

-Module Button Layout Condensed a little (but will be adjusted again when I integrate the working Dim Array's for A-10C/KA-50 License Types Etc)

-Began Setting Up New Group Controls in the Underlying Code,

(this will allow me to Merge all 3 Windows (Main Window, Adv Options and Video Training Window) into a single Window by Showing and hiding groups.)

-Coded Dim Arrays for A-10C/KA-50 Modules to include license type drop boxes instead of multiple buttons (EN/RU for A-10C, EN/RU EN UP/RU UP for KA-50)

-Coded Dim Arrays for Video Training Modules to Select EN or RU Langauge instead of 2 Buttons Per Module,

-Fixed Descriptions on DRM Buttons

-Added Command to Disable DRM Buttons of Any Module Selected when Uninstall Modules Button is Clicked, Buttons will re-enable if user re-installs and re-scans for modules

-Added Command to Set Current Folder as Default Build to manage if DCS is Detected in Current Folder on Startup.

-Added F-5E BFM Button

-Added F-5E BFM Checkbox

-Added F-5E BFM DRM Button

List Updated 12/5/2016.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Current Main Window Layout,

Working on New Dim Array Settings for the Video Training Menu.

(Ignore Version # of the App (12.13.2016), I intentionally jumped it forward to test new version user settings upgrade code).

attachment.php?attachmentid=151250&stc=1&d=1478566711

DCS_Updater-024.thumb.jpg.42ff9279c47a4d82ee5df43232d226b5.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Thanks a million for that neat utility SkateZilla!

It just saved me a lot of time as I transferred my DCS 1.5 to a brand new SSD, and for whatever reason the recent DCS update made my modules unresponsive (starting in the map view).

I tried a manual repair to no avail and then spotted your .exe in the folder.

I forced the modules installation and now everything is great again ;)

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Just curious if theres any way to add a fuction to revert back to old version of DCS. It would be an awesome function to have.

It has that function:

Advanced Panel, on the Bottom, Check the box for the branch (rel, open beta, open alpha), type in the version number in the text box. 1.5.4 should work

It worked perfect thanks so much I appreciate it a lot. Now Ill wait for your input on how to play the game without it updating...I just disconnect my internet for now...Is there another way...Salute Dude!

Screen_161117_222212.jpg

Launch DCS via DCS.exe instead of DCS_Updater.exe

• 2 weeks later...

Still working on tracking down the User Settings Error Bug, Might be because I internally shift the versions around, so I'll try some things,

Also need to add some stuff and re-arrange some items,

With the steady stream of campaigns being released, it's looking like the 1080p Minimum Window Maybe Coming Sooner rather than later.

*(Which also means Upgrading Background Image)

I just unzipped and placed the zip mentioned in the Topic start in my DCS world folder. However, when clicking on update it downloaded the most recent update. At that time my Trend Micro reported the updater utility as ransomware.. don't know what to think of that. Any advice?

False Positive because it's executing a command line function.

It looks Like I've Almost gotten the bug w/ user:settings resolved.

APP Size now 5.3 MB

Also, this upcoming build will likely be the last one at current window size,

Future builds will likely be expanded to a larger window size. (*LIKELY 1080P*)

(Again, Ignore App and DCS Version Numbers as I am testing the detection and version paths)

List Updated 12/5/2016.

Preliminary Change Log for Next Version So Far:

-Re Coded the Underlying Path Control from Current Path Only to an Advanced Dim Array that Includes Current Path and 5 User Controlled Paths

-Re Coded Parent Form and Children Forms (Adv. Panel and Video Training Panel) to Inherit Values from parent Form Dim Array.

-Re Coded Each Button to use New Dim Array Control

-Re Coded DCS Updater / Install Detection Script to Scan Current Folder on Boot Up and User Set Paths

-Re Coded Verify Access to DCS Updater Button to Scan Current Folder and User Set Paths

-Removed Message Box Pop Ups on Launch and Re-Detect DCS Updater Button

-Re Coded Module Detection Script to Scan Current Folder on Launch, and Selected Build when Re-Detect Button is Clicked.

-Removed Code to disable buttons if module is installed or if DCS.exe/DCS Updater.exe isnt detected.

(Buttons will not function without a Build Selected from the Drop down Menu/Dim Array, and Builds will only show in the menu if detected, so No need to disable buttons)

-Added Red/Green Indicator Lights for Each Module to Show Presence

(note these only detect if a module's entry is installed, it does not verify integrity of Module Files)

-Added 5 Labeled Text Boxes and 5 Browse Buttons for User to Browse for Install Path or Copy/Paste Path (Release, Open Beta, Open Alpha, Custom #1, Custom #2)

-Added Red/Green Indicator Lights for Current Folder and User Specified Paths

-Added Version Display for Current Folder and Each User Specified Path

-Enabled User Settings in EXE

(App Will Save Contents of User Path Text Boxes on exit, Note, Moving/Updating App will delete settings, Settings are stored in default VB User Settings Location, I'm working on debugging/adding command to update settings)

-Added a Save Button w/ Save Command to save settings, as sometimes it does not save on exit.

-Re-Enabled Single Instance Only restriction.

(There's no need to have multiple instances running since user can control all builds from one EXE, Also keeps user from Accidently launching multiple instances when app is Minimized.)

-Fixed Mis-Link to DRM EXE for a few Campaigns (Folder Paths Changed since the campaigns were released)

-Added Model Viewer Launch Button (Launches Model Viewer of Current Build)(Was asked about and is easily added)

-Added Uninstall Button for Video Training Modules

-Module Button Graphics Refined again (v4.0), Icons appear cleaner, no shadows and beveled edges etc. (Will post Screenshot once it's done)

-Module Button Layout Condensed a little (but will be adjusted again when I integrate the working Dim Array's for A-10C/KA-50 License Types Etc)

-Began Setting Up New Group Controls in the Underlying Code,

(this will allow me to Merge all 3 Windows (Main Window, Adv Options and Video Training Window) into a single Window by Showing and hiding groups.)

-Coded Dim Arrays for A-10C/KA-50 Modules to include license type drop boxes instead of multiple buttons (EN/RU for A-10C, EN/RU EN UP/RU UP for KA-50)

-Coded Dim Arrays for Video Training Modules to Select EN or RU Langauge instead of 2 Buttons Per Module,

-Fixed Descriptions on DRM Buttons

-Added Command to Disable DRM Buttons of Any Module Selected when Uninstall Modules Button is Clicked, Buttons will re-enable if user re-installs and re-scans for modules

-Added Command to Set Current Folder as Default Build to manage if DCS is Detected in Current Folder on Startup.

-Added F-5E BFM Button

-Added F-5E BFM Checkbox

-Added F-5E BFM DRM Button

attachment.php?attachmentid=152898&stc=1&d=1480981676

DCS_Updater-025.thumb.jpg.3074b0f624b31db8f65377372c74f14d.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla

Interesting, hopefully just a false positive.

f0Rfd2K.png

Edit: now Microsoft is seeing it as the same threat both from web and from my DCS Folder, the weird part is, until today, no problems were ever detected by Microsoft.

It's likely a false positive,

I'll Look into it. but it appears to just be this one build 10-06-2016-2, and it only shows as a threat sometimes (like 2 out of 15 times i goto the folder I archive the files, and 1 out of 15 when I download).

I think 10-06-2016-2 had some new code introduced in the back ground that was incomplete as it was prepping for the new setup and MS might be seeing that as some type of malicious hook.

I Just Compiled this Version, Give it a try (note it's the New Version, so there's likely some issues),

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=152906&d=1480997735

Edited by SkateZilla

No prob,

if no major issues come up with the newly coded version, I'll adjust the layout some and release an new exe on the front page.

Thanks for the utility. Even though I have gotten very familiar with the Command Prompt way this is so much easier. Great idea SkateZilla. Free too, Awesome.

CMD Prompt will be removed from Windows 10 soon...

Say WHat!!!!

Windows 10 is Removing CMD and replacing it with PowerShell.

Updating Your Updater-Utility

I have Updater Utility-95-29-2016-1 installed

I have downloaded Updater Utility-10-06-2016-2

To update do I simply copy the new exe file and have it replace the old exe that is within the DCS folder?

Thanks

I have Updater Utility-95-29-2016-1 installed

I have downloaded Updater Utility-10-06-2016-2

To update do I simply copy the new exe file and have it replace the old exe that is within the DCS folder?

Thanks

correct, just overwrite the exe with new one.