The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

Hi there. Downloaded, installed and followed the YouTube tutorial. Managed to update 2.5.5 but require assistance before I screw up my installation.

I'd like to update 2.5.5 to 2.5.6 (Open Beta) and was hoping someone could assist with "Updating for Dummies" instructions, please?

I installed Open Beta independently but experienced a few bugs, i.e. crackling sound during air combat and the administration screen is stuck in 4:3 aspect ratio - even if you change in settings.

Can someone assist, please?

Did you configure the app to the correct paths?

Then it's just a matter of click "update".

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Since last nvidea update, my dcs updater launches, check that i have the right version but there is no more gui. I see it in my task tray and sys tray, but I just doesn't pop up. Anyone else?

Disregard. I was able to restore application window via the sys tray right click method.

Discord - Psycho#8075

Disregard. I was able to restore application window via the sys tray right click method.

Hey bro, how did you fix this? Your instructions aren't text book clear. I'm having the same issues and right clicking on my task bar and system tray and I don't see any options you're talking about.

OK, just re-read your post..... My issue is different.

DCS_updater shows up in the TASK MANAGER but does not show up in the system tray or the task bar.

Edited by Akula
  • MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

Hi. Just installed this thing. Get no "Settings" button. Can't input path to my installs. Running Win 10. ???
If you click Alt-Print Scrn, you get only the active window, and not the complete desktop. The Snipping tool that comes with Windows is also pretty handy. I think might even be a better one now.

Anyway, can't see from the pic what your settings on the "Application Settings" screen are.

Hmmmmm...that is the entire window that comes up when I fire up the Updater app. As you see, I have no "Settings" button which should be the next button to the right of the "Clean" button. Instead, it's "Dedicated Server Mode" button. Can't make the app screen any bigger. No way to enter path to my DCS installations. Is the Updater app supposed to be on the same drive as my DCS installations? Kinda strange.

Hmmmmm...that is the entire window that comes up when I fire up the Updater app. As you see, I have no "Settings" button which should be the next button to the right of the "Clean" button. Instead, it's "Dedicated Server Mode" button. Can't make the app screen any bigger. No way to enter path to my DCS installations. Is the Updater app supposed to be on the same drive as my DCS installations? Kinda strange.
Well. It's kind of hard to see on my cellphone, but when I zoom inn, even though it looks like shit. I'm positive I can see the "Application settings" button. Two from the right. I'm a wrong?

Ah, now I get it. Use the grey button. "Application Settings". The blue ones are "Run" shortcuts.

Ah, now I get it. Use the grey button. "Application Settings". The blue ones are "Run" shortcuts.

In your defense, the older versions had a large blue settings button in the top right corner.

however as functionality expanded it was replaced w/ the Ded. Server mode and the Settings button was moved to the tabs.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

In your defense, the older versions had a large blue settings button in the top right corner.

however as functionality expanded it was replaced w/ the Ded. Server mode and the Settings button was moved to the tabs.

Oh, no worries! Was trying to help out @chici

I've been using your app successfully for sometime now. Thanks Lovin' it!

Originally Posted by skiboss View Post

Since last nvidea update, my dcs updater launches, check that i have the right version but there is no more gui. I see it in my task tray and sys tray, but I just doesn't pop up. Anyone else?

Right click in the task tray, and restore.

It's in one of the stickies "on top".

I have the same problem, but if I right click I have not the option to restore, is there any other way to bring it up?

Red

Take a look here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4215545&postcount=1115

This problem is reported again and again.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

If the App is Fully Running then the System Tray Menu is Available.

attachment.php?attachmentid=232091&stc=1&d=1586477813

SYSTRAYMENU.jpg.30d72029ef2aba4772f8ef7e18937f70.jpg

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Hello SkateZilla!

Thank you for your work and the application!

One thing I don't understand and drives me nuts. I often loose my input settings after a dcs update. So I noticed your tool and read, that it is capable of doing a backup on a button press.

Under "Application Settings" I can find this option. Choose my Slot1 as source and DCS Updater Utility as destination. When I execute the backup button, the DCS Updater Utility-Backup folder under "Saved Games" in Windows user profile folder remains empty. So where is the backup stored?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Muellerman

Hello SkateZilla!

One thing I don't understand and drives me nuts. I often loose my input settings after a dcs update. So I noticed your tool and read, that it is capable of doing a backup on a button press.

Under "Application Settings" I can find this option. Choose my Slot1 as source and DCS Updater Utility as destination. When I execute the backup button, the DCS Updater Utility-Backup folder under "Saved Games" in Windows user profile folder remains empty. So where is the backup stored?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Muellerman

It goes to your Saved Games folder under DCS.openbeta. Shows as 'Config_BACKUP_xxxxxxx'.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Hello SkateZilla!

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Muellerman

It goes to your Saved Games folder under DCS.openbeta. Shows as 'Config_BACKUP_xxxxxxx'.

Backup creates a copy of the folder named "Config_BACKUP_MMDDYYYY_HHMM"

Copy will move it from destination folder to the source

Backup creates a copy of the folder named "Config_BACKUP_MMDDYYYY_HHMM"

Copy will move it from destination folder to the source

I'm confused. When I have 'Open Beta' selected as source and 'DCS Updater Utility' as destination, then the files go to 'DCS Updater Utility\Config' if I select copy, and 'Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config_BACKUP_xxx' if I select 'backup. This doesn't seem to square with what you said. I guess I'm missing something here!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I'm confused. When I have 'Open Beta' selected as source and 'DCS Updater Utility' as destination, then the files go to 'DCS Updater Utility\Config' if I select copy, and 'Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config_BACKUP_xxx' if I select 'backup. This doesn't seem to square with what you said. I guess I'm missing something here!

Backup Button Creates a Backup in the source folder.

Copy makes a Copy from source folder to destination folder

Thanks. I get that, but to me it doesn't sound logical, and I understand the poster above's confusion.

I think it's the labelling. In any other context, the 'source' is the files you want to take action on, and the 'destination' is where you want that action to go. Here, that doesn't apply, and there is no clue that 'source' is related to 'backup' destination, or that 'destination' is the 'copy' destination.

Hi Skatekilla,

Great app, thank you but I'm having a lot of issues with updating. I even had my ISP send me another modem in case that was the issue.

Please have a look at this thread and see if there's anything I missed.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=268843

Also, in your GUI APP, I try to update DCS and it says:

dcs updater running - multiple

I check task manager and there is no sign of DCS updater. If I update from the icon on my desktop, the updater shows up in taskmanager but just sits there doing nothing at all. No black window comes up, no "DCS is updating", nothing. I tried resetting my TCP/IP stack as per these instructions

https://www.minitool.com/news/reset-tcp-ip-windows-10.html

So far nothing has worked. It's a network issue and I have opened everything to allow DCS updater to update. Totally stumped.

:doh:

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

Hi Skatekilla,

Great app, thank you but I'm having a lot of issues with updating. I even had my ISP send me another modem in case that was the issue.

Please have a look at this thread and see if there's anything I missed.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=268843

Also, in your GUI APP, I try to update DCS and it says:

dcs updater running - multiple

I check task manager and there is no sign of DCS updater. If I update from the icon on my desktop, the updater shows up in taskmanager but just sits there doing nothing at all. No black window comes up, no "DCS is updating", nothing. I tried resetting my TCP/IP stack as per these instructions

https://www.minitool.com/news/reset-tcp-ip-windows-10.html

So far nothing has worked. It's a network issue and I have opened everything to allow DCS updater to update. Totally stumped.

:doh:

it says that now because there is one dcs updater process running, but 2 windows.