The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

• 2 weeks later...
Today all of a sudden the DCS Updater Utility is not opening properly for me.

When I launch it, it launches then immediately minimizes to the system tray. Can not open it to the GUI by clicking on it either, it is just stuck minimized to the tray. Right click and choose open, nothing. Have also tried launching as administrator with same result.

Never had this happen before with it and no idea what is going on.

Any ideas?

Edit: Disregard I got it, just had to double click once on the tray icon - duh...

just delete it and reinstall and it will work again

Just got my new computer and now cannot select my build version. I am only using the latest Open Beta.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I started having issues with this today too. I get an error saying:

important files are damaged: dcs_manifest.x86_64, please repair. check dcs.log for details.

Launching DCS through its own shortcut in the start menu works just fine. I tried redownloading DCS World from scratch, and redownloading the updater utility and still getting this problem.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I started having issues with this today too. I get an error saying:

important files are damaged: dcs_manifest.x86_64, please repair. check dcs.log for details.

Launching DCS through its own shortcut in the start menu works just fine. I tried redownloading DCS World from scratch, and redownloading the updater utility and still getting this problem.

post app log and dcs log.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

here you go. I managed to get it working again, not sure what caused it, but think it might have been clicking on the Launch button originally. I clicked on the non-vr and then vr button and got it working again, so might have just been a fluke. Have 2 logs for the config tool for you to look at.

logs.rar

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

just delete it and reinstall and it will work again

same here; starting, minimizing to taskbar but no visible GUI. Reinstalling (redownloading exe file and running in both non- and admin mode) didn't help. No log rendered.

Restoring Application after a Display Change Forces it off the Screen (Driver Update, Display Power Off/On. etc)

AFTER APPLICATION IS OPEN:

RIGHT CLICK APPLICATION ICON IN THE SYSTEM TRAY,

CHOOSE "RESTORE APPLICATION WINDOW"

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Hello,

I've been using your fantastic app to be able to switch easily beetween VR and 2D settings.

I was using an Oculus Rift S and now I got a Valve Index.

So how can I prevent DCS updater to launch the Oculus Store please ?

I already have deleted the "oculus" user config of DCS updater but it keeps launching the app...

I can't uninstall Oculus app cause I need it along Revive to be able to play exclusive Oculus titles...

Thanks in advance !

you open your oculus app, go to the settings page general tab, scroll to the bottom and turn oculus home off.

My wallpaper and skins

After updating the DCS latest build today, the Updater Utility cannot verify the Folder Location. I rechecked it but cannot get a GREEN Verified light for the DCS folder. Have I missed something in the setup? It worked great up until this latest version update.

MrScott on Discord (aka eFlight and Smokin1)

PC SPECS: Aorus Master Z390, I9-9900K@5.2Ghz, HC150Pro Cooler, 32GB T-Force 4133 Ram, 1.TB Samsunge 960Pro M.2, (20TB of other data storage in SSD and SATA6 too), EVGA RTX2080Ti KingPin Hybrid 11GB with LN2 BIOS. X-52Pro, Brunner MKII and Rudder Peddles. VR and or 3 55" 4K Displays.

you open your oculus app, go to the settings page general tab, scroll to the bottom and turn oculus home off.

Thanks, but no luck with your solution... I tried with unknown sourses unchecked as well but no luck...

Weird thing is that as soon as I close the Oculus app, DCS exits too.

Next step is to check Oculus services..

Thank for your input anyway !

You can also try the oculus tray tool and make a profile specifically for that.

My wallpaper and skins

After updating the DCS latest build today, the Updater Utility cannot verify the Folder Location. I rechecked it but cannot get a GREEN Verified light for the DCS folder. Have I missed something in the setup? It worked great up until this latest version update.

Make sure all DCS files are present and not locked by another process.

After installing the latest ver. I noticed the Internet Connection Status: is (YELLOW - Local Only) and the Server (Magenta-No Connection). Clicking on either does nothing to update the status to online. I have GIG SPEED service at (946 DN and 42 UP) so I am hoping someone can explain - Is the status Local and Server NO connection an issue or not. I have not found any documentation on how to properly use this Utility.

Thanks

MrScott on Discord (aka eFlight and Smokin1)

PC SPECS: Aorus Master Z390, I9-9900K@5.2Ghz, HC150Pro Cooler, 32GB T-Force 4133 Ram, 1.TB Samsunge 960Pro M.2, (20TB of other data storage in SSD and SATA6 too), EVGA RTX2080Ti KingPin Hybrid 11GB with LN2 BIOS. X-52Pro, Brunner MKII and Rudder Peddles. VR and or 3 55" 4K Displays.

After installing the latest ver. I noticed the Internet Connection Status: is (YELLOW - Local Only) and the Server (Magenta-No Connection). Clicking on either does nothing to update the status to online. I have GIG SPEED service at (946 DN and 42 UP) so I am hoping someone can explain - Is the status Local and Server NO connection an issue or not. I have not found any documentation on how to properly use this Utility.

Thanks

App Pings http://www.google.com on startup, if no response then it shows local only and aborts testing dcs servers.

Skate, trying to add SteamVR location to the tool, but I cannot seam to get ti to work. I don't use the 'default' steam install location, its on another drive but the file structure is all the same.

My steamVR vrmonitor.exe is E:\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\bin\win64\vrmonitor.exe

any help? is there a different location i should select it from? i have a deskstop shortcut as well but it wont show on the list in the utility tool.

Rig: intel i9-9900kf @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming

Skate, trying to add SteamVR location to the tool, but I cannot seam to get ti to work. I don't use the 'default' steam install location, its on another drive but the file structure is all the same.

My steamVR vrmonitor.exe is E:\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\bin\win64\vrmonitor.exe

any help? is there a different location i should select it from? i have a deskstop shortcut as well but it wont show on the list in the utility tool.

Set to E:\Steam,

App is Set to put user def as STEAMVRLAUNCHPATH

Then process command / check as:

STEAMVRLAUNCHPATH + "\steamapps\common\SteamVR\bin\win64\vrmonitor.exe"

Updated: 03.28.2020 @ 2148 EST

Prelim. Change Log for next Release:

-Added Module Assets

-Removed Install / Uninstall / Modules Section from System Tray Menu (condensing duplicate/redundant code, 1655 Lines).

-Added JSON Parsing for Branch/Version Fetching

-Preliminary Code for Extra Application Slots (Extra Slots may make it into next build).

-Removed Save Position of App \Window from shutdown routine.

-Added Save Position Button, Prevents Position from being corrupted during shutdown of application.

-Adjusted Save Window Position Code / Behavior

-Packaged Newtonsoft.Json.dll w/ exe for JSON Parsing

-File Structured Updater Utility EXE and JSON DLL in Folder Before Compressing

Edit:

Adding:

-Custom Applications Launch w/ DCS Added (5 Slots)

-Added 5 Text Boxes to Name Custom Applications

-Adjusted Folder Scanning for Saved Games, If Options.lua is missing, Path is Cleared.

More to Come.

Edited by SkateZilla

Hi there. Downloaded, installed and followed the YouTube tutorial. Managed to update 2.5.5 but require assistance before I screw up my installation.

I'd like to update 2.5.5 to 2.5.6 (Open Beta) and was hoping someone could assist with "Updating for Dummies" instructions, please?

I installed Open Beta independently but experienced a few bugs, i.e. crackling sound during air combat and the administration screen is stuck in 4:3 aspect ratio - even if you change in settings.

Can someone assist, please?

what you need help with, exactly? If all you want to do is update, go to the Advanced Update Options tab and select an update you wish to update to...you can update it to latest release, latest beta, or you can update it to a specific version (if you know which version you want to revert back to).

My wallpaper and skins

Since last nvidea update, my dcs updater launches, check that i have the right version but there is no more gui. I see it in my task tray and sys tray, but I just doesn't pop up. Anyone else?
Right click in the task tray, and restore.

It's in one of the stickies "on top".

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk